The Official 2010 MNSSHP- Tips,Tricks and a few Treats !

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Turtle31, Jul 8, 2010.

1. treehugnmama

treehugnmama <font color=blue>I am soo excited i just have a pr

I would go as an adult. we went last year and loved it. I was worried about the cost as well (had to buy 4 tickets) but we loved it so much we are going this year. We had everything including flights and BLT booked for beg of sept. With MNSSHP starting later we had to change all of it just to go to the party and we did!!

That being said I love halloween and villans so that made it worth it for us....the parade is amazing as are the fireworks...the entire atmosphere is fun.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jenscourt

jenscourt Mouseketeer

I think it is totally worth it for adults to go to MNSSHP. As a matter of fact, I will be going this year for my 40th birthday and cannot wait! I went to the Christmas party last year and had a blast. I am so excited to go to the halloween party this year...now I just have to decide what to dress up as and things will be good.

4. webprinter

webprinter DIS Veteran

DH and I, (early 50s), went last year for the first time. We had such a blast that our 20 year old DD has decided whe wants to go with us this year. I think it is definately worth it for two adults no matter what your age. And I don't even like Halloween.

5. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

Thanks to everyone for the advise, I'm thinking we'll check it out - just need to convince my husband now.

6. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

I think I know the answer -- no -- but just checking if one can purchase MNSSHP tickets at a local Disney Store, like at the mall.

7. hereyago

hereyago DIS Veteran

DD12 and I are going to WDW Halloween weekend and will be going to our first MNSSHP this year!!!!!!!!

DD isn't into the autograph signing anymore, so can you still ride rides once the party has started? Also, can you bring your own TOT bag? TIA

8. DisneyFirefly

DisneyFirefly DIS Veteran

Certain rides will be open, and yes, you can bring your own bag :)

9. smeecanada

smeecanada DIS Veteran

Does anyone know which rides weren't open in previous year's?

10. wdwmaw

wdwmaw planin' next trip

No, can only be ordered online, on the phone, or at WDW.

11. agravette

agravette Mouseketeer

Most of the rides are open during the Halloween Party. The only ones I can remember being closed are Liberty Belle Riverboat, Jungle Cruise, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (closes at 10 pm), Country Bear Jamboree. I think everything else is open. My DS, age 14, does some character autographs, but he really loves the Halloween Party because of the almost non-existent lines to the roller coasters and other rides. Your daughter is going to have a blast!

12. PrincessMomofTwo

PrincessMomofTwo Earning My Ears

We are going for the first time on the Oct 8th! Really excited and it will be a surprise for the kids (3 and 5 years old)! Love all the information on what to expect. It will really help plan out the night.

13. KSBelle

KSBelle DIS Veteran

We're 2 adults (in 50's) who wouldn't miss this party. Best Parade WDW has ever put on.

Another photo op is by the Liberty Belle. You put your thumb out like you are hitchhiking and they photoshop extra ghosts in. COOL!!!!

14. MrsMunchie

MrsMunchie Mouseketeer

We're going for the first time on Halloween. Is this a huge mistake? We'll only be at WDW for the weekend. Are the crowds worse than on a busy day at the park? I'm getting a little worried that I picked the wrong day! :confused:

15. skier_pete

skier_pete None

I read through this whole thread, and did not see the answer to the one question I had:

Which direction to the parades go? I mean by this do they start on Main Street and end in Frontierland, or vice versa? I would actually assume that they go in one direction the first time, and in the other direction the second time. However, the direction DOES matter when putting together a schedule for the night.

TIA

16. DisneyFirefly

Unless things have changed since I worked there, both parades start in Frontierland and end on Main Street.

17. snowiit

snowiit DIS Veteran

This was at least 4-5 years ago but when we went the parade came from Main St to Frontierland. We stood right to the left (looking at) of the castle at the corner, and the parade came around the hub from our left (looking out at Main St) and went down the right hand going through Liberty Square. Could it have been that the early parade went from Frontierland to Main St and then just did the parade in reverse? I'm sure you know from working there how it is handled now. They always keep us guessing LOL:surfweb:

18. jc040404

jc040404 DIS Veteran

That's how they both worked the night we did last year.

19. DisneyFirefly

Well, I worked there in 2008, and I've heard that it was the same in 2009, so it would make sense to me that they'd do the same in 2010. I honestly have no clue how it was handled in years prior, as I only worked at MK from May 2008 to January 2009. Every video I've seen of the 2009 parties had it going Frontierland to Main Street, though. :confused3 We'll find out for sure when the parties start.

20. hodgieha

hodgieha Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tips. :goodvibes

21. skier_pete

skier_pete None

That answer is good enough for me! Thanks!