The not so live version of dining w/ Disers, in Castles & on Safari! The Wrap! 2/26

Time to do some serious catchup. :laughing:

As overpriced as Le Cellier may be, there are one or two items on the menu that I'm interested in trying (even ignoring the red meat/pork dishes). Fortunately, reservations there have become much easier to get, but those prices... :confused: Even an appetizer and a side would be a rather expensive lunch.

Kona's dinner reviews are consistently positive. :thumbsup2 Although I have to say, I'm surprised that the jasmine tea-infused cheesecake is still on the menu. It's one of the worst dishes I've had in recent memory. :sad2: Sounds like the cheesecake isn't the only underwhelming dessert there, but at least the savory food was enjoyable!

As for breakfast at Kona, it's been way too long since I last experienced it. Those pancakes are so good, but so filling. :lmao: Topping the plain pancakes with pineapple and macadamia butter always looks great.

Uh oh - it's almost 4 in the morning, and now I'm tired and hungry (my sleep schedule is still off from exams and papers). Catching up on some updates has been a nice change of pace.

I hope you had a great Christmas! :goodvibes

Hi Brenda!

The pot roast looks fantastic! It looks like it is perfectly cooked there.
I had to laugh when you wrote about rolling off the ice cream. I kept thinking " who doesn't like ice cream" :lmao: That is still shocking to me:rotfl:
I have to put LTT on my list of places to try.

Kona for supper and breakfast...they both look so good. I have never been to either. I am trying to fit it in on our next trip, if you had to choose between breakfast OR dinner which would you choose?

LTT is yummy! Love those mugs!

I am so excited to share the same dish with my daughter. We are going in march. And for the first time we are going without the dining plan and getting a TAbles card. I really think it will be a nice change for us!

We ate lunch at LTT for the first time this past trip. The Ooey Gooey Toffee cake was absolutely the most delicious dessert ever. We will be going back there again.

Hi Brenda - I hope you and your family had a great Christmas.

The Kona pancakes look good (although I was a little concerned about that lone blueberry until I read your comment).

I have read so many positive things about LTT. I really think I am finally convinced to try it. :laughing: The pot roast looks and sounds amazing! And wow - both desserts are clearly drool-worthy. ;)

That Kona bread is he best... it's off limits for you? Yes, that steak is so good. Surprisingly!

I hope you and Willow enjoyed your Christmas!
Yeah, none of that delicious bread for me. :( Probably for the best! :laughing:

Thank you! We did. Willow tested positive for the flu a few days before Christmas, but with Tamiflu and the resilient immune system of a 6 year old, she was back to nearly 100% by Christmas Eve. :goodvibes

Brenda,

I've had such a good time catching up on your reviews.

LTT is one of my favorite MK lunch spots and I always order the same thing too. But you and Em might have sold me on the pot roast if I can persuade someone to go halves with me. It looks delicious! Have you tried dinner here? It's a lot to eat, but we thought it was yummy.

Every time I think I have my dining plans finalized, these dining reviews convince me that I'm wrong! That toffee cake looks uuuuh-mazing.

Yeah...when I booked an ADR at the last minute last month I thought there was some type of error with the dining reservations since it asked for a cc for San Angel Inn. I'd missed the memo about the new policy. We do tend to change things around so I have to pay attention as well going forward.

It would be nice if they would save our CC info so I didn't have to retype it ALL in at the e time. If I could just click "use card xyz" it wouldn't be such an inconvenience!

Love your breakfast!! I'm really hoping for a can book this for our last morning at Disney on this next trip, but we will see. Driving/flying/ect will make that decision!

Oh my good gravy, you are making me DROOL. I haven't had much of an appetite lately, but thanks to that steak picture followed by the pot roast I am officially hungry again!! I LOVE pot roast. Steak on the other hand, eh... not so much. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it... and that pic of the steak with the pineapple teriyaki totally put me in a steak mood!

I have never had aspic... and I have no plans to change that :snooty:

I made and subsequently canceled an ADR for Le Cellier... I didn't want to be tied down to it and worried that I would forget to cancel it and get charged the cancelation fee. Perhaps it's because Buffalo is so very close to Canada, but we have a lot of local restaurants that have amazing cheddar beer soup. And while it's not those lovely looking bread sticks, one of our grocery stores has been selling pretzel rolls for years and they are sooo good. So ultimately, I think canceling the ressie was the right move in my case.

Between courses I wanted to take a photo of the empty room behind Em so I told her to lean over a little. Uh, she was still in the photo so I said a little more. Bam! She fell out of her chair. What a horrid mother I was because I paused a moment to ask if she was ok before I stifled a giggle. I knew it was terribly embarrassing and it was all I could do to hold in the laughter! It was too much to hold in and I busted out laughing. I felt so bad. Em reacted well but yeah, mother of the year!

I have no words. LOL!!!! That poor girl... :rotfl:

So as you know Brenda, we had our first taste of Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake in December and it totally lived up to the hype! :)

No I don't know Tim, well I don't think I do :rotfl2: I have been off the panel for 4 years though!

Wow the half portion of pot roast is still enormous and what a great idea to split so you have room for that dessert :)

LTT is one place I haven't tried but your review had convinced me to give it a try next time. I love pot roast!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MMMM, Kona is very good for breakfast. Wish we went there.
That Oooey-Gooey Cake is so good. Good choice.
Vinny had the pot roast when we ate there and he said it was good. Maybe next time I will split it with him

After a couple months of not being able to read updates because life just gets in the way, I was able to get caught up :cool1:

Kona Cafe update: We have been there for dinner, but not breakfast. Totally going for breakfast now. I am sold :)

Le Cellier lunch update: :lmao: I know I shouldn't laugh, but I have 2 teenaged daughters and if they fell off of their chair, I would so laugh too :goodvibes :rotfl2:

CRT update: Last trip (Sept 2012) we went to CRT to breakfast and felt it was okay. Not spectacular, just ok, so I feel ya.

Hope you guys had a fabulous trip this month. Can't wait to see updates pixiedust:

Yum! I love tender pot roasts-- my favorite kind of comfort food! And I can't believe what a huge portion that is when split in half!

Two yummy food updates.

You know how much we LOVE Kona and I can't wait to be back there eating next year. I may have to try the pancackes this time after your review.

LTT -- I will have to tell Mark to try the pot roast next time. I don't remember what he had in August (I know I had the burger), but he LOVES pot roast.

I love that mug at LTT; and we got one to take home for our anniversary.

You are such a Disney celeb. On the boards, in the parks, oh my goodness! I love how you just connect with everyone you meet! You are a special person! :good vibes I wish I could have those social skills…I am just awkward I feel like! haha. But seriously, I just admire how you can connect with people

Shula's! I'm a big football fan so I'm dying to go there! I can't believe people would actually throw those menus. :eek: I can see like posing with it, a la Heisman or something, but re-enacting plays? :rolleyes: Silly. Moving on. A meat cart?! That sounds way better than a dessert cart to me. I am pretty carnivorous! Yum, steak! OMG about the mini flashlight. That is just hilarious. I'm falling more in love with Shula's by the sentence…that you write. :rotfl: The food sounds amazing too! I'll have what you're having!

Love Sci-Fi. I'm dying to go back but as a family of 3, it's hard to book it knowing someone would be sitting by themselves! (Because you need the car to get the full effect!)

I need to eat in the castle. I've done the Akershaus breakfast thing to conserve dining credits, but MAN! The castle! You practically lived there this trip! princess: I can't believe the Wishes pictures either! Incredible!

I see lots of trips to the GF Cafe in my future! (oooooh foreshadowing!)

YAY Kona. One of my all-time favorites!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! That bread especially is what gets me. I usually have a group of at least 4 and so that often means that we need to ask for extra loaves. 1/2 a loaf per person sounds about right to me. :thumbsup2 The teriyaki steak is my staple there too! Yum! Glad you guys enjoyed it!

AND THEN BACK TO KONA FOR BREAKFAST?!?!!?!?! That was exactly my plan last trip but it never panned out. Thank you for going twice so I could eat vicariously.

I agree with you on the ooey gooey toffee cake! It's truly the best!

Time to do some serious catchup. :laughing:

As overpriced as Le Cellier may be, there are one or two items on the menu that I'm interested in trying (even ignoring the red meat/pork dishes). Fortunately, reservations there have become much easier to get, but those prices... :confused: Even an appetizer and a side would be a rather expensive lunch.

Kona's dinner reviews are consistently positive. :thumbsup2 Although I have to say, I'm surprised that the jasmine tea-infused cheesecake is still on the menu. It's one of the worst dishes I've had in recent memory. :sad2: Sounds like the cheesecake isn't the only underwhelming dessert there, but at least the savory food was enjoyable!

As for breakfast at Kona, it's been way too long since I last experienced it. Those pancakes are so good, but so filling. :lmao: Topping the plain pancakes with pineapple and macadamia butter always looks great.

Uh oh - it's almost 4 in the morning, and now I'm tired and hungry (my sleep schedule is still off from exams and papers). Catching up on some updates has been a nice change of pace.

I hope you had a great Christmas! :goodvibes

Hi Mr. DDW! It's always so good to see you pop in to say hi! (And can you believe that this thing is still dragging on?) I hope you had a chance to enjoy the Winter Break. You did get a break didn't you?? I'm surprised I didn't hear about a Disney trip during the break... or did you??

Ahhhh Le Cellier such a love hate relationship I have with that place. Love most of the food, but the prices are out of line in my opinion. Will I stop going altogether... no. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. :)

I'll stick to the entrees and sides at Kona and now that I know a little secret from a Diser here I may just beg for a slice of 'Ohana's bread pudding. ::yes::

Wait until you see my dining review of Kona Café this next time... it will be different. ;)

Oh no, don't become nocturnal!

Thanks again for stopping by. I hope all is well! Please say hi to your mom from me and Em! :goodvibes

Hi Brenda!

The pot roast looks fantastic! It looks like it is perfectly cooked there.
I had to laugh when you wrote about rolling off the ice cream. I kept thinking " who doesn't like ice cream" :lmao: That is still shocking to me:rotfl:
I have to put LTT on my list of places to try.

Hi Beth! Oh my goodness! The pot roast is awesome! The best in WDW IMO. Yes, put this place on your list to try!

Ha ha! hello my name is Brenda and I don't love ice-cream.

Kona for supper and breakfast...they both look so good. I have never been to either. I am trying to fit it in on our next trip, if you had to choose between breakfast OR dinner which would you choose?

LTT is yummy! Love those mugs!

They were indeed! If I had to choose? For me, breakfast. I asked Em and she said dinner. I'm a big breakfast person though so that may sway me slightly. Seriously, I love their pancakes. (Trust me, the steak has been good more than once now.)

I agree, those mugs are perfect for the theming!

I am so excited to share the same dish with my daughter. We are going in march. And for the first time we are going without the dining plan and getting a TAbles card. I really think it will be a nice change for us!

I think you'll find less obligation to eat so much based on consumption of credits. Tables in Wonderland definitely works better for us but as you can see, we order a lot of appetizers and split entrees so it is even more economical. I hope you end up finding the card useful. :)

We ate lunch at LTT for the first time this past trip. The Ooey Gooey Toffee cake was absolutely the most delicious dessert ever. We will be going back there again.

Isn't that cake amazing? I can't imagine going to MK and not eating there. I'm a fan for life! Glad you liked it.

Hi Brenda - I hope you and your family had a great Christmas.

The Kona pancakes look good (although I was a little concerned about that lone blueberry until I read your comment).

I have read so many positive things about LTT. I really think I am finally convinced to try it. :laughing: The pot roast looks and sounds amazing! And wow - both desserts are clearly drool-worthy. ;)

Yeah, none of that delicious bread for me. :( Probably for the best! :laughing:

Thank you! We did. Willow tested positive for the flu a few days before Christmas, but with Tamiflu and the resilient immune system of a 6 year old, she was back to nearly 100% by Christmas Eve. :goodvibes

Hi Roni! Thank you! I finally got caught up with your TR and DR and saw the Christmas photos with Willow. She was one happy adorable little girl! :) I'm glad the meds worked so quickly.

I had to clarify those blueberry pancakes since it looked like there was only 1 berry in them. No worries, there were plenty.

Perfectly said! Very drool-worthy desserts at LTT. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter