The Non-Trip Report (and I’m sad about it)

Stacy's a freak

wrangles snakes
I have the itch but we do not have the funds at this time to go. We just got home from a beach vacation visiting family in July and my life has no “vacation to-be” in it at this time so I’m having a hard time without something vacation-y to look forward to. I imagine that I am not alone so I am hoping that this thread will turn into a support group of those who cannot go but desperately want to. Here goes:

We were at a local park this weekend and we rode the very cute park carousel (which goes quite fast, surprisingly enough). The ride is just $1 per person and it’s a vintage carousel complete with a brass ring feeder. Well wouldn’t you know it, “It’s a Small World” played while we rode the thing and I teared up and said to the husband how badly I would like to go. He indulged me and suggested we do this instead of Christmas for the kids. For a moment I thought about it but we all know that Christmas is much cheaper than a Disney vacation figuring in airfare, room, tickets :( Of course I checked prices thinking I could justify it but … no way. Not happening.

So I’m sad. I’m sure in another few days I’ll check prices again thinking that I will find some truly magical deal and will be able to justify it. But this is just my brain on Disney.

Is there anyone else out there who can commiserate with me while I go through the grief process? It's sure to be full of denial and the other steps which, I hope, will lead to acceptance. Someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter