The No-Way-I'm-Going-Solo-This-Time Solo Trip, a Sept PTR *Home & TR Link 9/15 x2*

KatMark said:
Well, I think you told me you already had Coral Reef. We really enjoy Rose & Crown and will be eating there next month. I don't eat Mexican, but I hear it is pretty darn good. We also love Chefs De France and will be eating there next month too (the french onion soup and ham/cheese sandwich is very, very good).

Funny enough La Hacienda, San Abel Inn and Chefs are the top 3 I am considering! The 2 Mexican places seem to have love it or hate it reviews, which concerns me. I do remember Chefs from your TR.

Pluto0809 said:
Rose and Crown would be my recommendation, love that restaurant!

It's a maybe for sure, but I think I want something really different from my norm. I was hoping for Le Cellier but it, Akershus and Tutto are the 3 that are booked.

Funny enough La Hacienda, San Abel Inn and Chefs are the top 3 I am considering! The 2 Mexican places seem to have love it or hate it reviews, which concerns me. I do remember Chefs from your TR.

It's a maybe for sure, but I think I want something really different from my norm. I was hoping for Le Cellier but it, Akershus and Tutto are the 3 that are booked.

My Mom and I are actually considering San Angel Inn for the February trip. We extended the trip by a day so we would have some alone time after the rest of the family leaves. :thumbsup2 I'm a little leery of the menu but I think I will be ok with one of the chicken dishes.

Mom and I both were disappointed in Chefs De France but most people seem to like it so maybe it was just an off night. Mom's salmon was overcooked and my chicken was bland and dry. Mom loved her Lobster Bisque though and dessert was wonderful. I've heard great things about the Mac and Cheese and I almost ordered it but have to be careful about the amount of cheese I eat.

What about Teppan Edo in Japan? Personally I don't think I would like the food but you know how picky I am. ::yes:: I've heard really good reviews although it might be awkward by yourself since you eat with other people.

Pluto0809 said:
My Mom and I are actually considering San Angel Inn for the February trip. We extended the trip by a day so we would have some alone time after the rest of the family leaves. :thumbsup2 I'm a little leery of the menu but I think I will be ok with one of the chicken dishes.

Mom and I both were disappointed in Chefs De France but most people seem to like it so maybe it was just an off night. Mom's salmon was overcooked and my chicken was bland and dry. Mom loved her Lobster Bisque though and dessert was wonderful. I've heard great things about the Mac and Cheese and I almost ordered it but have to be careful about the amount of cheese I eat.

What about Teppan Edo in Japan? Personally I don't think I would like the food but you know how picky I am. ::yes:: I've heard really good reviews although it might be awkward by yourself since you eat with other people.

Teppan Edo and Biergarten are both out for the seating issue. Don't mind talking to other tables, but if I'm alone I'd like my own table I think.

Ok, I've just got to throw this one out there. I know you said you want different tastes, but I LOVE Italian food. I mean, I could eat it for just about every meal. If you haven't been to Via Napoli, I strongly suggest you consider keeping that ADR. You can still get "different tastes." If I were you, I'd still go to VN, have a pizza and an app maybe and then get one of the other traditional Italian dishes at Mama Melrose.

Now, that said, if I was going to switch it, I'd probably lean towards La Hacienda, R & C or Le Cellier. I've eaten at San Angel, and as much as I love the atmosphere there, I wasn't all that impressed by the food. I've never had a chance to eat at La Hacienda yet, and it is one of the top places that I really want to try.

What were you planning on ordering at Mama Melrose? If it wasn't pizza, then I'd stick with Via Napoli.

I was planning on getting the Chicken Parmigiana actually, so that could work.

Ok, I've just got to throw this one out there. I know you said you want different tastes, but I LOVE Italian food. I mean, I could eat it for just about every meal. If you haven't been to Via Napoli, I strongly suggest you consider keeping that ADR. You can still get "different tastes." If I were you, I'd still go to VN, have a pizza and an app maybe and then get one of the other traditional Italian dishes at Mama Melrose.

Now, that said, if I was going to switch it, I'd probably lean towards La Hacienda, R & C or Le Cellier. I've eaten at San Angel, and as much as I love the atmosphere there, I wasn't all that impressed by the food. I've never had a chance to eat at La Hacienda yet, and it is one of the top places that I really want to try.

I LOVE Italian food too. I've never been to Via Napoli, so maybe I will keep it. I was planning on ordering different things at each place, so that should be different enough for me.

I was a bit worried about La Hacienda and San Angel as I have eaten at some truly authentic Mexican places with fantastic food before and some of the reviews, especially for SAI, say it's not authentic and not great food. I have heard more good reviews about La Hacienda than bad though.

Teppan Edo and Biergarten are both out for the seating issue. Don't mind talking to other tables, but if I'm alone I'd like my own table I think.

That's probably how I would feel too! I was just trying to think of restaurants that I'd read a lot of good reviews about.

Pluto0809 said:
That's probably how I would feel too! I was just trying to think of restaurants that I'd read a lot of good reviews about.

I appreciate it! I think Teppan Edo would be nice to eat at someday, but not a solo trip.

ronnmel said:
I was going to say that. I'm guessing you'll have pasta at Mama Melrose, and the pizza is to die for at Via Napoli!

I think I'm going to keep it as is. You, Lisa and Andy convinced me!

I wanted to start my daily plans, but first I wanted to explain the title for those that didn't read my last TR.

Originally I started planning this trip as one with my friend, Steve. My last 3 WDW trips have been solo trips and I didn't want to do another one just yet. However, when the deadline came to book this in time to get the free dining he didn't think he would be able to do it so I figured that was it and no WDW trip for me. But the more I thought about it the more I REALLY wanted to take the trip anyway. See, I'm planning on moving from MD to FL late this year and buying my first home. I know once that happens I won't be able to take a real vacation for a while, and also in planning the original trip I got very excited to come back. I decided to go ahead and do my 4th solo trip, despite originally being adamant that I would not do another solo trip.

I will say though, that my previous 3 "solo" trips have never been 100% solo. My first one, in 2010, my sister flew down for one day. In February of last year my friend Jennifer, who lives locally, drove over for one day. Then in December Steve joined me for one afternoon. So who knows what will happen this trip? :laughing: Seriously though, Steve did say he may still join me for part or even all of the trip still, though the latter is unlikely. He runs his own, one person business so it can be difficult to know what he will be doing more than a few days in advance.

Be back very shortly with Day One plans! :banana:

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I plan on trying to do new things both in and out of the parks this trip. Because of this I will be posting on each Day's plans what new thing(s) I plan on doing that day.

DAY ONE, SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 8TH

I will be getting up early this morning, as I have to be at BWI Airport by 6:30am as my flight leaves at 8:15am. I do have a stop-over on this flight, but no plane change so that's ok. I am flying:

Southwest Airlines. They may be no-frills, but I love their cheap rates and no baggage fees.

My flight is scheduled to land at MCO at 12pm. I will be getting my own bags from baggage claim then heading here:

I'm 50/50 so far in getting a real DME bus. First time I got a Cruise Line bus but December I got the DME bus. We will see what I get this time. I will soon be arriving here...

...for my first ever stay at Caribbean Beach Resort! I did walk around the resort for an hour or so in February of last year, but I'm so excited to be staying here, my first time on property in any resort besides POP Century.

I'm hoping I'll get there around 1-1:30pm and my room will already be ready. If it's not than I will probably ask if they could change me to a room that is ready. I did online check-in already and requested 2nd floor and corner room. I honestly don't mind walking at all so I don't care which village I get. Once I do get my room packet I will head over to my room to drop off my suitcases and get freshened up from sitting on a plane and bus for a while.

My plans are for the afternoon are....well, actually I don't have firm plans. Since I do plan on trying to do things this trip that I've never done before, I'm thinking if the weather is nice I may go to one of the miniature golf places and play a round since I've never done either one, but not sure about that. I will definitely explore CBR a lot and eat dinner at OPR.

I'm thinking I may also swim that evening, though I'm not yet sure if it will be the main pool or village pool. Probably won't decide that until I see how busy each are. I'll head to bed on the earlier side since I will have gotten up early for my flight and will have a LONG day this next day.

NEW THINGS THAT DAY: Stay at CBR, eat at OPR, possibly swim at feature pool, possibly do mini golf.

A relaxing first day after an early flight is always a good decision.

I love the mini-golf courses at Disney. Fantasia Gardens, which is closer to the Boardwalk, etc., is more difficult than Winter Wonderland over by the water park. But they are both fun.

You're only on Day 1 plans and you already have several 1st's. I so hope that you enjoy the CBR as much as we do. We've found that the quiet pools are, normally, just that...quiet.

Great plans. I always feel like just kind of relaxing and regaining by bearings after a day of travel, so I think a nice, laid back afternoon is the perfect way to do it.

I hope you do get to try one of the miniature golf courses. They look really awesome, but I've never had a chance to play either one myself either.

A relaxing first day after an early flight is always a good decision.

I love the mini-golf courses at Disney. Fantasia Gardens, which is closer to the Boardwalk, etc., is more difficult than Winter Wonderland over by the water park. But they are both fun.

That's my thought. Don't know how tired I will be so no pushing it with crazy plans.

Haven't decided which course I would do yet. I have to look at them both more before I decide.

You're only on Day 1 plans and you already have several 1st's. I so hope that you enjoy the CBR as much as we do. We've found that the quiet pools are, normally, just that...quiet.

I was surprised while making a list by how many things I've never done before.

I am pretty darn sure I will enjoy CBR! :beach: I would like to try the feature pool but if it is crazy busy I will go for just pictures there and swimming at the quiet pool in my village!

Great plans. I always feel like just kind of relaxing and regaining by bearings after a day of travel, so I think a nice, laid back afternoon is the perfect way to do it.

I hope you do get to try one of the miniature golf courses. They look really awesome, but I've never had a chance to play either one myself either.

I usually do a relaxing first day. Didn't last trip and paid for it by winding up sicker than I already was when I arrived. Don't want that to happen again.

I hope so to. It will depend on how I feel and how the weather is. If those both cooperate though I plan on doing it.

We have enjoyed playing mini golf at Fantasia Gardens :) It's super cute, especially if you enjoy Fantasia :)

Nice that you are taking it slow on your first day. Mom and I loved CBR when we were there in November so I bet you'll like it too. It was pretty chilly so we never got in one of the pools but the main pool looked very nice.

Miniature golf sounds like a lot of fun. That's another thing I've never done at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter