The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ September 2010 ~ Please read post #1

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MOM POPPINS, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roydavid7771

roydavid7771 DIS Veteran

Unfortunately, you won't be able to sign up for the dining plan if you stay at the S/D, nor do they have refillable mugs. Food prices are pretty comparable to the rest of the Disney restaurants. The pricier places include Shula's, bluezoo, and Il Mulino. The character breakfast is actually a lot of fun and in my experience not nearly as crowded as some of the others. Have a great time!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. FBDM66

FBDM66 Permanent Resident of Main Street USA

I'm staying at the Swan for the first time in August - I'm usually a Beach Club person, but friends I'm travlling with talked me into it. I like what I've read, so I'm happy with the choice!

My question - is parking at MK and AK complimentary as it with the Disney resorts or do S/D guests have to pay? Walking or boating to Epcot and DHS is fine, but I'd rather use the car for the other plarks.

(Sorry if this has been asked earlier in the thread already)

4. NancyC1000

NancyC1000 Olaf

Not sure if you are asking this but you can ask for a room in the "West Wing" if you want to be near the pool. There are some rooms in this wing that have balconies that face the pool. The S/D does have their own refillable mug (only can use at the resort). I usually purchase mine at Picabu's which is their 24 hour restaurant/cafeteria. I am sorry I can't answer your Character Breakfast question because I have never been.

5. jnfr2424

jnfr2424 I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love t

Yes just show your room key and parking is free to all the parks

6. FBDM66

FBDM66 Permanent Resident of Main Street USA

Thanks!

7. jnfr2424

jnfr2424 I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love t

anytime and Welcome to the boards!!!

8. aijs1810

aijs1810 Earning My Ears

are there refillable mugs at the s/d

9. mikegood2

mikegood2 DIS Veteran

No there were not any microwaves in our room, but we did have 3 fridges. :thumbsup2

Yes they do have refillable mugs.

Sorry about the delay in posting just getting over a cold/flu. :sick: Luckly the symptoms didn't start until our last day (Tuesday), actually when we were waiting for our van to pick us up. Maybe The thought of leaving made me sick. :rotfl2:

Yesterday I must have looked really bad because my sister-in-law refused to let me drive home and drove me instead.

Plan on posting executive suite photos in the over the weekend.

10. SingingMom

SingingMom DIS Veteran

Oh yes, the cruise definitely made up for it. ;) But, I hope to plan a return to the Dolphin in the next year or two. (Next year is London or Paris for DD, but I want to see if we can squeeze a Dolphin stay in there, too!)

awww.. sorry you felt ill leaving, Mike! Hope the rest of the stay was fabulous!

11. lovingthemouse

lovingthemouse magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Mike - except for the cold, I am so glad to hear you had a great time. Look forward to pix when you're feeling up to it!

12. Mouseteacher

Mouseteacher <font color=9999FF>Being tagged makes you feel war

:umbrella:Mike, get well asap. Please give us trip reports with pix! :goodvibes

Our trip to the Swan is about a month away. We missed going last summer because our DS was being married in San Diego. We did go to DL, of course.

We are now back on track with our yearly visits to the Swan and WDW.:cool1:

:umbrella: This has been our New England weather for 4 days! :headache:

13. mikegood2

mikegood2 DIS Veteran

Thanks all, still running a slight temperature but feeling feeling much better today

Here are some photos of where our rooms were located (1034 and 1039).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    View form the Suite

[​IMG]
    View from the bedroom

While we didn't have much of a view from our first floor executive suite the rooms more than made up for it.

I will post photos of the rooms and will also add some higher resolution versions of the photos to the s/d picture thread later tonight.

14. MichiganMomto4

MichiganMomto4 DIS Veteran

I am so excited for these pictures!! Thank you! Can't wait to see the inside pics :)

Hope you're feeling better, too

15. mikegood2

mikegood2 DIS Veteran

As I said before, anything that was lacking from a view standpoint was more than made up for by the Dolphin Executive Suite. Here are some photos from the Suite portion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. mikegood2

mikegood2 DIS Veteran

And here are some photos from the attached bedroom portion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We aren't sure exactly what type of room this was. It definitely did not appear to be a standard guest room. We were thinking that it might have been Disability Accessible room? The kitchen (worked great for the crib) and walk in closet was a nice surprise.

For $309 a night, we were extremely happy with the Dolphin Executive Suite and would have a tough time justifying a Disney Moderate of Deluxe Resort if we needed more than one room. The extra room in the suite was great, especially when the girls went to bed.

17. lovingthemouse

lovingthemouse magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Never have seen an executive suite before - wow, the space is wonderful!
    Years ago, we were upgraded to a jr suite, but yours is far larger Mike.

18. MichiganMomto4

MichiganMomto4 DIS Veteran

Thanks!~ Awesome pics!

Of course, now I'm confused. The layout that's on the Dolphin website shows a sico bed (which I thought was coming out of the wall? but that one doesn't look like that type) And the couch in front of that..... so both the person on the pullout couch and the sico bed could watch t.v. But these pictures are configured differently. That couch is a pull out, right? We reserved for a suite that would hold 8 people.

I guess I'll have to wait 3 days and see :) Thanks again!

19. simonmunro

simonmunro DIS Veteran

OH MIKE! You did an awesome job of documenting this for us. I'm so sorry you've been sick, thank you for the taking the time out of your vacation to pay such attention to detail.

20. simonmunro

simonmunro DIS Veteran

Hey, maybe that neat guy who runs the lemonade stand will stop by and tell us which room type this is. We've been going to the Dolphin since our 27 yr old ds was 8 or 9 and in all the trips I have never, ever seen his little kiosk of lemonade?????

21. mikegood2

mikegood2 DIS Veteran

Thanks MichiganMomto4,

I can understand the confussion. The room is definitely different than the s/d website shows. I think we came to the conclusion that the reason they do not show Executive Suite photos on the website is because the layouts very. The Swan Executive Suites TaraPA stayed at 2 months ago had a Sico bed in it and the Swan isn't support to have them. Our room had a King bed instead of the sico, and yes it was a heavenly bed. :cloud9: :thumbsup2

Although we never tried it, the couch is a pull-out. My foot still has a bruise from the night I ran into it. :laughing: :mad:

Thanks simonmunro I'm feeling much better today. I will also try to post a detailed report of our stay this weekend, may even get to it tonight. But my short report is that , other than the heat, we had a wonderful stay at WDW and the s/d.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.