The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: Be sure and check the rates for your Dolphin/Swan reservations even after you book. Today the Epcot fireworks room (AAA rate) was the the same as the resort-view I had booked so I called and switched it. It was a great upgrade for our upcoming anniversary trip in February! :cool1:

Thanks for posting this. I have been more focused on checking our airline prices- room rates have not really dropped for my stay since July. Your post prompted me to check and I've dropped my nightly rate! I am now in a rate range that is more in keeping with what I have been able to book in the past for President's Week. Now off to check airlines, rental car and BOG openings to see if my luck holds for anywhere else!

Thanks!

I saw these posts the other day and checked my dates and the rate was still the same. I decided to check again today and they're now lower by $23/night!
So, on top of the C&P deal I got and now the lower rate with my AAA rate nights, it's quite a bargain. So happy! :goodvibes

Thanks to everyone for their prompt replies on advice on bakeries.

I have a couple more questions... :)

1. Where is the best/closest place to go and get groceries?
2. Can we buy things at the parks and have them delivered to the hotel, or is that only for Disney owned hotels?

Thanks again!

We have used GardenGrocer.com for grocery orders and have always been very happy with their service. They give a 2 hour delivery window that we generally pick on check-in day between 4-6 PM which means the room is almost certainly ready and we are unpacking when they arrive. It is a great option for a first order, and then we pick up additional items at Screen Door (Boardwalk), Hess or in the lobby shops.

I have never tried to have purchases shipped back to Swan/Dolphin - I look forward to seeing the answer to that!

I realize I am going to ask a really silly question as my first one here! :blush:

I am staying at the Swan 3/23-3/28 (EEK! Spring break!) and are getting a balcony room. Now my silly question: are there chairs on the balcony?

Thanks!

LexiC123 said:
Actually, they will. You can pick up your park package in the gift shops of both resorts.

Evidently YMMV. None would do it for me in the two trips I've tried it.

We had no problem having a package delivered 2 years ago. Will be there in a few weeks and will check it out again.

I have had items purchased in the parks delivered to Swan and Dolphin on each of my last four trips (most recent in September/October, 2012). Pick up was at the Disney gift store in each hotel. Perhaps you attempted to deliver an item too close in proximity to your check-out date? :confused3

Danish, bagels, fruit, coffee, juice, etc are available at both; the Java Bar at the Swan and the Lobby Lounge at the Dolphin (not so much a bar in the AM). I much prefer the Java.

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/javabar/index.html

http://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/lobbylounge/index.html

Picabu might also be an option at the Dolphin.

And the redone Patisserie in Epcot will now be opening at 9 AM rather than 11 AM.
I would love to wander over to France first thing in the morning!

The WDW stores deliver to resorts (including the Swan and Dolphin) after 1:00 the following day. If you want same-day pick-up, you can have your purchases held at the front or rear (International Gateway) of the park.

We making our second trip to the world last time we stayed at the poly and loved the convince of it. I'm trying to be frugal this time and am looking at the swan. Sooo my question is will we regret not being on the monorails? We r doing 6 nights. 2 days( maybe more) will be at the water parks. Lots of time at Epcot and AK. A half day at MK. Looking forward to more of a relaxing trip playing at pool, drinking by the pool. We will eating TS at many different resorts Having used the monorail was so convenient to Epcot will the walk be a major bummer now? Thanks for anyone's input

We making our second trip to the world last time we stayed at the poly and loved the convince of it. I'm trying to be frugal this time and am looking at the swan. Sooo my question is will we regret not being on the monorails? We r doing 6 nights. 2 days( maybe more) will be at the water parks. Lots of time at Epcot and AK. A half day at MK. Looking forward to more of a relaxing trip playing at pool, drinking by the pool. We will eating TS at many different resorts Having used the monorail was so convenient to Epcot will the walk be a major bummer now? Thanks for anyone's input

The "walk" to Epcot is a major plus! :thumbsup2 The Grotto pool and the Cabana Bar are 2 other major pluses!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Am I able to attach my Dolphin reservation to My Disney Experience account? I tried online after seeing that Swan & Dolphin were options to choose from under the hotel reservations section, but I've not been able to do so. I booked directly with the Dolphin if that makes a difference.

NancyIL said:
I would love to wander over to France first thing in the morning!

The WDW stores deliver to resorts (including the Swan and Dolphin) after 1:00 the following day. If you want same-day pick-up, you can have your purchases held at the front or rear (International Gateway) of the park.

Just back today. Wonderful stay at the Dolphin, as usual!!! Beautiful room. Gorgeous weather. Lovely time spent with some of our friends and relatives in the area! We enjoyed Shula's, il Mulino, bluezoo, Fresh, and Cabana Bar! DD and my cousins said the new Taco area at Picabu was delicious!

Nancy- we stopped at the new pastry shop in France one morning. Oo la la! ;-). Reminded us of our time in Paris this past May! Chocolate crossionts were great!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

dizzyblonde said:
Am I able to attach my Dolphin reservation to My Disney Experience account? I tried online after seeing that Swan & Dolphin were options to choose from under the hotel reservations section, but I've not been able to do so. I booked directly with the Dolphin if that makes a difference.

I'm wondering this too although I really have zero interest in this whole magic band and scheduling Fastpasses in advance.

The walk is one of our favorite things about staying at the Swan and other Epcot resorts. I don't like having to wait on transportation, especially after a park closes. We love ending a day at Epcot and then walking back to the resort after Illuminations.

dizzyblonde said:

bas71873 said:
I'm wondering this too although I really have zero interest in this whole magic band and scheduling Fastpasses in advance.

Add me to the list of people wanting to know, but I think we need to just give it some more time to sort itself out.

I'm hoping that enough info and some touring plans come out in advance enough to our trip in June. If the new FP+ has little effect on the old FP system, I may just stick with the old. If it does have a noticeable impact I may need to experiment, maybe get my 3 FP's for an afternoon and open the EMH at a different park?

Sent from my iPad mini using DISBoards

I have been checking every few days. Your post caused me to look yesterday. My AAA resort credit discount at the Dolphin dropped $9 a night! An extra $54 for me. :thumbsup2

I just checked again. The Dolphin AAA rate had dropped again! Now at $151 for AAA resort credit rate. When I clicked on "continue" it kept reverting back to $170.10, the rate that I now have. I called in-house reservations and asked about it, and they honored the $151/night rate. Between the two drops in price, the rate is now $28 less per night! I'm a happy girl.
Check your rates everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter