The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the answer to your question. I am assuming that you are talking about Interval International? I have never seen the Swan or Dolphin on the II website. Have you seen it listed on II before?

Yes I'm talking about Interval International. I thought they offered it since they have starwood resorts. I called yesterday and they do not. Since RCI now had Disney I thought maybe they would have it. But, I dont see them on RCI either?!

To the best of my knowledge, since neither the Swan nor Dolphin are timeshare resorts, they would not be offered on RCI or II.

Here is a new link for the Swan and Dolphin Resorts Christmas Holiday activities calendar and descriptions and times.

http://santasfavoriteresort.com/calendar2012.pdf

Christmas Tree Lighting:
At 6:00 pm on select nights, Mrs. Claus will choose one lucky family to help her light our beautiful poinsettia Christmas tree in the Dolphin Lobby. Mrs. Claus will then invite everyone out to the causeway to help her find Santa Claus!

Santa and Mrs. Claus:
Santa and Mrs. Claus along with their special Elf, Kandy Kane, will entertain guests at their special Florida tiki hut on the causeway from 6:15pm - 8:00pm on select nights. Get ready for big laughs and photo opportunities you will not see anywhere else.

Classic Christmas Movies:
The whole family will enjoy watching some fun, classic Christmas movies on select nights. Just switch the channel on your in-room television to channel 5, sit back, relax and watch such favorites as Elf, A Christmas Story, Polar Express, The Santa Claus, Home Alone and more. Movies begin at 8:30pm.

Pastry Decorating:
Create your own masterpiece as our cast members help you decorate cookies, brownies or cupcakes. Location alternates between the Swan and Dolphin lobbies on select nights starting at 5:00pm.

Holiday EntertainOn select nights, youll enjoy beautiful musical performances by carolers, choirs and musicians in the hotel lobbies or on the causeway and other public areas throughout the resort.

Holiday Hideout:
Children are invited to join us between 12:00pm and 4:00pm for fun arts and crafts, XBOX 360 with Kinect, Wii Sports, BINGO, coloring pages, board games, and more! Stop by our activities room located on the first floor of the Dolphin near the central elevators. (Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times). * Activities may change on select days..

Santas Magic Key:
How is Santa going to be able to deliver presents for your children when you are staying in a beautiful hotel room in the middle of Walt Disney World Resort? Easy! Just stop by the Concierge desk on select days and pick up a copy of Santas magic key to hang on your hotel room door on Christmas Eve. (Dont worry - it only works for Santa!)

Elf Tuck-In:
Invite Santas Elves into your room on Christmas Eve to read a story and tuck you in. Theyll even bring cookies and milk to help you drift off to sleep and await Santas visit. Also included is a holiday plush toy, a magic key for Santa and a story book. (charges apply and reservations are required.) Please call 407-934-4264 for more information and to make reservations.

Childrens New Years Eve Party:
Children ages 4 - 12 will have the opportunity to ring in the New Year their way from 6:00pm - 1:00am at Camp Dolphin. Includes party hats, noise-makers, balloon drop, dinner (Children must be dropped off before 7:00pm for dinner) and much more! Charges apply and reservations are required. Please call 407-934-4241 for more details and to make reservations.

Mrs. Claus Bake Shop:
Call ahead to room service and order a cookies and milk amenity to be delivered to your room during the Classic Christmas movie from 8:30pm - 10:00pm. The Mrs. Claus Cookies and Milk amenity also includes a story book about Santas Favorite Resort.

Mrs. Claus Holiday Hotline:
Call our Holiday Hotline at extension 1225 to hear a recorded message from Mrs. Claus further describing all of these fun holiday activities!

Chocolate Santa and Chocolate Train Masterpiece:
Stop by the entrance to the Swan near Il Mulino New York Trattoria to marvel at a spectacular chocolate Santa and train sculpture hand-crafted by our two-time World Pastry Chef, Laurent Branlard. Everything you see is made from chocolate!

Question! Is the Dolphin decorated for the holidays now like the WDW resorts? I ask because Ray posted the 2012 holiday calendar and I notice that the "events" don't really begin until Dec 1 and I'm thinking about my trip NEXT year when we arrive on Thanksgiving Day and leave Dec 4. Hoping to catch some decorations and an event or two.

Question! Is the Dolphin decorated for the holidays now like the WDW resorts? I ask because Ray posted the 2012 holiday calendar and I notice that the "events" don't really begin until Dec 1 and I'm thinking about my trip NEXT year when we arrive on Thanksgiving Day and leave Dec 4. Hoping to catch some decorations and an event or two.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe someone that is down there now can answer your question.

Here is the main website to the Swan and Dolphin Resort at http://www.swandolphin.com/ .

And here is the the contact link to email them your question or to call directly at http://www.swandolphin.com/contact.html .

E-Mail Addresses:
For Resort Information info@swandolphin.com
Main Phone Numbers:
Main Number 407-934-4000
Reservations 888-828-8850

And here is the FaceBook page where you could also post the same question for the Swan and Dolphin Resort at
www.facebook.com/swananddolphin

can you park for free at the theme parks if staying at Dolphin?

The Dolphin has been decorated by Thanksgiving weekend, but not necessarily by Thanksgiving day. However, next year Thanksgiving is late (Nov. 28) so your chances are better.
can you park for free at the theme parks if staying at Dolphin?

Yes.

NancyIL said:
The Dolphin has been decorated by Thanksgiving weekend, but not necessarily by Thanksgiving day. However, next year Thanksgiving is late (Nov. 28) so your chances are better.

Yes.

That's what I'm hoping for :)

I just left yesterday and the hotel was not decorated. The only other resort I visited was the BWI and it was not decorated either.

Its been just about 2 years since our last stay at the Dolphin and I cannot remember what kind of coffee makers they have..by chance is it a Keurig?

MickeyNicki said:
Its been just about 2 years since our last stay at the Dolphin and I cannot remember what kind of coffee makers they have..by chance is it a Keurig?
Not keurigs. I would love the option to bring our own kcups. However, I'm sure DH is happy it is "less to pack". LOLOLOL

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I just left yesterday and the hotel was not decorated. The only other resort I visited was the BWI and it was not decorated either.

Just missed by one day (sorry) as they went up over this past weekend, so tree and most else up today (Monday) interior, and exterior being done now.

A tad chilly here in LBV ... :)

Just missed by one day (sorry) as they went up over this past weekend, so tree and most else up today (Monday) interior, and exterior being done now.

A tad chilly here in LBV ... :)

I will be driving down to the beautiful Disney Swan Resort after I finish work the Monday morning after Thanksgiving weekend. I am getting very excited to see all of the Christmas decorations and to sleep in a heavenly bed after a long weekend of work. I hope to see you down there.

Seven days and counting. If I can get off work early Monday morning I might be able to get down there in early afternoon to look around and enjoy myself. I am sure all the coffee in my system will still be working for a little while before I start feeling tired.

I always get excited as I drive under the WDW welcome sign and even more excited when I actually physically get to get on the ground and running.

Seven days and counting for me.

I will be driving down to the beautiful Disney Swan Resort after I finish work the Monday morning after Thanksgiving weekend. I am getting very excited to see all of the Christmas decorations and to see in a heavenly bed after a long weekend of work. I hope to see you down there.

Seven days and counting. If I can get off work early Monday morning I might be able to get down there in early afternoon to look around and enjoy myself. I am sure all the coffee in my system will still be working for a little while before I start feeling tired.

I always get excited as I drive under the WDW welcome sign and even more excited when I actually physically get to get on the ground and running.

Ray, I LOVE your excitement! I imagine you'll decorate your Swan balcony - if you have one? I'll look forward to seeing you soon. I'll be there in 11 days! :banana:

I will be driving down to the beautiful Disney Swan Resort after I finish work the Monday morning after Thanksgiving weekend. I am getting very excited to see all of the Christmas decorations and to see in a heavenly bed after a long weekend of work. I hope to see you down there.

:yay::yay::yay:

Ray, I LOVE your excitement! I imagine you'll decorate your Swan balcony - if you have one? I'll look forward to seeing you soon. I'll be there in 11 days! :banana:

And I'll be at the Dolphin in 12 days!!!

Aww...thanks, Nancy. I do get a little excited about my annual WDW trip every December and a chance to get to see wonderful people like you.

I don't know what kind of room that I am going to get, but I decided not to decorate this year like I did at Pop Century last year. I am trying not to pack as much, and it was getting to be a little too much work for me. I used to want a view or balcony several years ago, but now, I just enjoy everything that comes my way. I am very excited to be in any room at the Disney Swan Resort and BWV and just grateful to be able to stay there and enjoy the atmosphere. Oh, and my first heavenly bed experience, too. Especially my first night after working and a 450 mile drive.

I will be decorating my mobility scooter again with those Mickey icon jingle bell Christmas wreaths again. And my Goofy Santa hat, too.

Time is getting closer. Looking forward to seeing you, Nancy and Ray. And maybe Laura too? Would be nice to meet you after all these years. Maybe SSB too this year?

Welcome home, commdoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter