The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving tomorrow for my first trip to the dolphin & disney, excited but overwhelmed!
I remember receiving an email stating some wheres to click to view the holding charge put on your card for the room & now can't find it. Does anyone know this charge?
I've read that everyone mostly uses a town car service is this because the hotel does not offer shuttle from the airport or just a preference?
TIA

Leaving tomorrow for my first trip to the dolphin & disney, excited but overwhelmed!
I remember receiving an email stating some wheres to click to view the holding charge put on your card for the room & now can't find it. Does anyone know this charge?
I've read that everyone mostly uses a town car service is this because the hotel does not offer shuttle from the airport or just a preference?
TIA

Not sure about the holding charge piece .. you might wanna call the property for details on that. Or visit their website there are several folks you could drop a quick email to.

And for transportation you can do towncar or Mears offers a shuttle, simply go to the Mears desk at the airport.

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but I just had to ask the S/D experts!

We have our first stay coming up in November at the Dolphin and I was wondering about transportation to MK. I know that you can park at MK for free with your hotel key, but we were planning on going to the Christmas party on Nov 9. Will it be possible to walk to Epcot, take the monorail to the ticket/transfer station and then the monorail/boat to MK? Likewise, after the christmas party would this still be runnning - MK monorail to transfer to Epcot via monorail?

I'm already booked and paid for this stay, but after reading this thread I was wondering if anyone knew exactly the details behind the teacher's discount - it says "teachers and support staff" (something like that). Do you have to be full time support staff. Would this rate apply if I'm a coach and show either a paystub or letter from the school?

thanks!

I returned home last night from a wonderful 8-night stay at the Swan - my favorite! I'll return in early December. (Ray Sharpton - I'll look forward to seeing you and Dan Murphy again!)

Hello, MEL! :wave:

Likewise here. I never understood why no exhaust fans in the bathroom. After a good shower, it takes several minutes to get the steam out and mirror usable.

Perhaps it's due to the age of the resort (late '80s). I imagine adding ventilation fans in each bathroom would be an extensive project.

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but I just had to ask the S/D experts!

We have our first stay coming up in November at the Dolphin and I was wondering about transportation to MK. I know that you can park at MK for free with your hotel key, but we were planning on going to the Christmas party on Nov 9. Will it be possible to walk to Epcot, take the monorail to the ticket/transfer station and then the monorail/boat to MK? Likewise, after the christmas party would this still be runnning - MK monorail to transfer to Epcot via monorail?

I'm already booked and paid for this stay, but after reading this thread I was wondering if anyone knew exactly the details behind the teacher's discount - it says "teachers and support staff" (something like that). Do you have to be full time support staff. Would this rate apply if I'm a coach and show either a paystub or letter from the school?

thanks!

The bus from the Dolphin to the MK would be the most direct option- both going to the party and returning.

thanks!

I will be so much easier to just take the bus to MK. The monorail is at the front of Epcot. You will not be able to walk through Epcot that late at night and it is really far to go as you have stated.... much much easier to take the Disney bus for transportation. :thumbsup2

Not that you asked this specifically, but just want to add...if you go over to HS for the Osborne Lights, the line for the boat back can be crazy! The night we were there, Fantasmic was still running, park was still open, but the line for the boat was almost to the Christmas tree!! There is a very nice walking path along the water (opposite bank from the boat dock), and you will very likely beat the boat back. You'll be thrilled with being able to walk to two parks at value-to-moderate rates ;)

Not that you asked this specifically, but just want to add...if you go over to HS for the Osborne Lights, the line for the boat back can be crazy! The night we were there, Fantasmic was still running, park was still open, but the line for the boat was almost to the Christmas tree!! There is a very nice walking path along the water (opposite bank from the boat dock), and you will very likely beat the boat back. You'll be thrilled with being able to walk to two parks at value-to-moderate rates ;)
I agree about walking back from the Studios at the end of the day.

I agree about walking back from the Studios at the end of the day.

Just keep your eyes out for the snakes!! :crazy2:

Just keep your eyes out for the snakes!! :crazy2:

Seriously? I've walked this walk maybe 20 times and never seen a snake! I have a serious snake phobia, so I guess I should be keeping an extra eye out?

Cheers,

Headed to the Dolphin tomorrow morning. We cannot wait. :goodvibes

And, we are here! Room and staff are wonderful. As expected. :)

Have a great trip, Elin. :thumbsup2

And hello to you, Nancy, Ray and SSB. Hope to see you all in a few months.

Seriously? I've walked this walk maybe 20 times and never seen a snake! I have a serious snake phobia, so I guess I should be keeping an extra eye out?

Cheers,

Too funny ... I have never seen either, but did see a very impressive Bald Eagle last week while walking there. We did a quick nod to one another. :)

Cheers,

Too funny ... I have never seen either, but did see a very impressive Bald Eagle last week while walking there. We did a quick nod to one another. :)

Wow! I must have the odds in my favor, then, because we've only walked it about 6-8 times and we've seen them twice. Once it was stretched along the sidewalk where we were walking, and once it was off to the side out of our path. :crazy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter