The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MOM POPPINS, Apr 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahutton

ahutton WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996

Wonderful, thanks! I am fine with going into Picabu, I love that place!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

There are suites at the very top of the pyramid. We got upgraded there in 2010. The view of the shell fountain was freaking amazing.

Yes, they have milk and the fridge will definitely keep it cold.

Enjoy!

4. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Both the Swan and Dolphin decorate for Christmas. The Dolphin has a beautiful tree in the lobby, and the Swan has a lovely scene with Santa filling the stockings by the fireplace - done in chocolate! I'm sure Dan Murphy can pull up some of those photos for you. :)

There are holiday activities for kids, but I don't recall when in December they begin. They may be only on the weekends.

5. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

Nice to see you ahutton. :wave2:

You can order just about anything from the S/D. They do have a wonderful in-house bake shop. You can use this once registered, or phone.

http://www.swandolphinconcierge.com/public/login.cfm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnCOtiHKpqs

http://www.santasfavoriteresort.com/

If you wanted to sort through some picture threads, I know I have a lot in here......

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=815678

6. jnfr2424

jnfr2424 I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love t

I have to add that they scent both hotels with scent of Gingerbread!

7. onlyafigment

onlyafigment Earning My Ears

Supposed to? Does it not always work out that way?

And do you miss getting a voucher for the every 4th day housekeeping is automatic?

I've seen people mention you have to call reception to opt in/out - the Starwood website implies you get a door hanger for this, is this not the case at the Swolphin?

Apologies for all the questions, just trying to get my head round it!

8. bas71873

bas71873 DIS Veteran

Thanks you guys. You've just pushed me over the fence. I'm booking our December 2013 stay at the Dolphin when we return next week. We are headed to FL today for our Sea World/Discovery Cove trip, but I'm planning to spend an evening at the Boardwalk one night to check things out. THANKS!!!

9. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

You used to have to call every evening when you didn't want housekeeping the next day. Now one phone call takes care of the whole thing (3 days no housekeeping/1 day housekeeping). It isn't a perfect system, and occasionally I didn't get a card when I should've, or housekeeping came on a day I wasn't expecting. (You won't get a card on the days housekeeping cleans your room.)

The last time I made the "green choice" at the Swan was in April, and there was no door hanger. I stayed at the Swan 3 weeks ago with 2 of my kids, and I did want housekeeping every day. I didn't see a door hanger in the room, but maybe one would've been put on the door if I had chosen to skip housekeeping.

10. robinbutterfly

robinbutterfly DIS Veteran

So if we get 5 dollars for not having housekeeping,can we redeem it at the end of the week and they credit our account ?

11. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

You can ask at the front desk, but the $5/day is intended to be used towards the cost of food and beverage at the resort. I prefer 500 Starwood points per day.

12. ahutton

ahutton WDW Bride Dec 6, 1996

Great to see you too Dan! I'm hoping we'll get to cross paths there. Milo and Mrs. Milo will be with the kids. DH and I are excited about this trip. It is our first ever solo venture down there!

13. diskids2

diskids2 <font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag

Does anyone know if rooms become available once a convention has them tied up?

We are going 3-21 - 3-29 and the Dolphin is sold out on 3-25-26 because of two large conventions. We are booked at the Swan and I am very happy with that, but would really love an Alcove room. Swan alcove's won't work because they are a king bed with sleeper sofa and I have four in the room and don't want anyone on the sleeper sofa. Dolphin has 2Q Deluxe Alcoves, but as mentioned, they are sold out for my stay. My dates aren't flexible as it is Spring Break for my DS, 17.

Just curious if anyone has experienced or knows of a timeframe when "held rooms" might or might not be released. Are they ever?

14. rh3772

rh3772 Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the Swan and Dolphin does anything for Halloween?

15. Dan Murphy

16. vbarry

vbarry DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Well we decided to head back to WDW during Xmas this year. We are DVC members and have a few points for our first few nights. I was racking my brain on where to stand that is affordable. Then...the Swan Dolphin occurred to me! We would check in on December 24 and spend Christmas there! So..... it looks like the Dolphin is more for families and we have two girls. There are a lot of room options so I need your opinion. Is the Epcot room a view of Boardwalk/Epcot? Can you see the fireworks?? Worth the extra cost? My only problem is the Dolphin has smaller beds YIKES..... Where is the Swan in location to the Boardwalk?

Thanks for any assistance!

17. TaraPA

TaraPA <font color=navy>I will think of that animatronic

DH attends a lot of conferences at S/D (actually he will be at one while you are there!) Check every day because yes they will release any rooms not needed closer to your dates. I'm not positive but I think last year for that same convention, he had to have his room booked by March 1st...so you may have to wait til much closer for something to open up.

From an Epcot View room you will see out over the top of Epcot (with Boardwalk to your right), and you will be able to see the high fireworks. Keep in mind though that Illuminations takes place on the water inside Epcot, therefore you will not be able to see most of the show from your room.

I personally don't think the view is worth the extra cost but that's just my opinion. We're not in the room a whole lot to worry about what we see out the window, and once you stpe outside of The Dolphin you're immersed in Disney!

The Swan is right aside of The Boardwalk, with a canal in between separating them. Distance-wise The Swan is a few hundred yards closer to The Boardwalk than The Dolphin, but it's nothing I'd choose The Swan over The Dolphin for. It's really just a few steps between Swan & Dolphin, taking less than a minute to go between the two.

18. J'aime Paris

J'aime Paris Living happily ever after

I know we cannot use mugs from previous trips at the WDW resorts. Does that same policy apply at the Dolphin?

19. Dan Murphy

Relationship of S/D to BW.

http://binged.it/RqV6KS

As far as I know, they are reusable.

20. J'aime Paris

J'aime Paris Living happily ever after

Thank you for the quick reply!!

21. My3Princez

My3Princez DIS Veteran

Are the mugs at Swan/Dolphin different than the other Disney Resorts? We've never been to S/D so trying to learn what I can before our trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.