The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here now and loving it.

Great to here!

Our flight leaves O'hare in a little under 11 hours! :)

The forecast for the next week isn't looking great, but not that bad. Hopefully it just a few quick showers!

Three days until I check in at the Dolphin:banana:

There doesn't seem to be any major systems in the area or on their way, so it should be reasonable weather except for the heat and humidity;) Afternoon thunderstorms will just cool things off for the evenings and Florida needs the rain!

I'll look for the orange tennis shoes!

Three days until I check in at the Dolphin:banana:

There doesn't seem to be any major systems in the area or on their way, so it should be reasonable weather except for the heat and humidity;) Afternoon thunderstorms will just cool things off for the evenings and Florida needs the rain!

I'll look for the orange tennis shoes!

If it stays like this week, hot during the day storm in early evening then cools down. So we have been doing park open, long break then back each evening to close

If it stays like this week, hot during the day storm in early evening then cools down. So we have been doing park open, long break then back each evening to close

That's our plan, too:goodvibes I'm also looking forward to checking out the grotto pool.

Walked to Epcot and eating at the land right now!

Our executive suite arrangement is different than las time, but is very nice. 4th floor room with a decent view, if you look thru the wood fence. Nice view of beach and TOT!

Our executive suite arrangement is different than las time, but is very nice. 4th floor room with a decent view, if you look thru the wood fence. Nice view of beach and TOT!

Good to hear! Have a wonderful time! ;-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

It is a great pool area, even just for relaxing and having a Cabana Bar cocktail!!

I agree SingingMom! When I was there for a conference years ago I ate lunch at the cabana bar one day...love the atmosphere.

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sounds like fun! The Land is usually a nice place for dinner, lunch is usually much busier. Have a great trip! :goodvibes

Sounds like a good time by all.

No more lunch at The Land (Garden Grill), opens at 4 PM, only dinner now.

I'd love to see some photos of your Executive Suite this time. I'm still debating if we should turn our one bedroom Executive Suite reservation into a two room Executive Suite. Of course, I've probably run the clock out on that option since we'll be there on Saturday:eek:

It is a great pool area, even just for relaxing and having a Cabana Bar cocktail!!

I agree SingingMom! When I was there for a conference years ago I ate lunch at the cabana bar one day...love the atmosphere.

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Glad to hear the Cabana Bar should be checked out. I have it in my notes as another counter service option in addition to Picabu. I know the menu is probably limited but I think the grandkids would probably enjoy dining by the pool.

My husband and I stayed at the Dolphin last September and we really loved it. We've stayed at many of the Disney resorts in the past and have some real favorites, but the locaion of the Dolphin was wonderful and we loved the atmosphere. Getting to Epcot and Hollywood Studios was a breeze.

We are returning to the Dolphin this September :yay: and I just had a question on room location. We had booked a resort view room and were in the East wing (room 11089) and had a view to the left of Illuminations and were looking towards the Swan, and had a fairly panaoramic view. The only problem was is that we overlooked the roof with one of the fountains. (We were a floor or two above.) We liked the general convenience of the location, though.

We are booked again in resort view and were wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a location to request. Also, we booked through Costco, but are Starwood members, but I did not add that info the the reservation yet (need to call and see if I can do that...)

Thank you! :)

My husband and I stayed at the Dolphin last September and we really loved it. We've stayed at many of the Disney resorts in the past and have some real favorites, but the locaion of the Dolphin was wonderful and we loved the atmosphere. Getting to Epcot and Hollywood Studios was a breeze.

We are returning to the Dolphin this September :yay: and I just had a question on room location. We had booked a resort view room and were in the East wing (room 11089) and had a view to the left of Illuminations and were looking towards the Swan, and had a fairly panaoramic view. The only problem was is that we overlooked the roof with one of the fountains. (We were a floor or two above.) We liked the general convenience of the location, though.

We are booked again in resort view and were wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a location to request. Also, we booked through Costco, but are Starwood members, but I did not add that info the the reservation yet (need to call and see if I can do that...)

Thank you! :)

Is Costco a better price than Disney?

Is Costco a better price than Disney?

It seemed to be a better price. The price included the resort fee, the 6th night free, and a $100 resort credit (which we will use for Shula's). You were able to choose the level of park tickets that you wanted.

There is a $100 per person cancellation fee, though, and the park tickets are paid up front and non-refundable. However, when I priced it out using other discounts (AAA, for example), it was definitely a better price. The park tickets could be used another time if the trip were canceled for any reason.

When we went the last time, we had gotten a good deal through Expedia.

What's the difference between a 'standard' and 'resort' room?

We'll be there around Thanksgiving and were originally planning to stay at WL DVC via renting points, but that fell through. I was then thinking of just staying in a Moderate resort, but with my wife's teacher discount the Swan actually come out about the same (with much nicer amenities/location.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter