The **New** Swan and Dolphin Resort thread ~ April 2012 ~ Please read post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope.

Not if you have an umbrella.:thumbsup2

LOL. Thank you!
We've been in Disney World with ponchos and all and still get soaked. That's what we get for going in the Summer. We rather go other times of the year but if it comes to going to Disney in the Summer vs. not going until next year? We'll take wet!

Is the walkway between the Swan and Dolphin covered at all? We're staying in the summer which means rain. If we are staying at the Swan and want to go to dinner at the Dolphin will we get soaked? Silly question I know but it's a gal thing ;)

Yes, the outer edges of the promenade between the two resorts are covered by a canopy. You should stay nice and dry.

Is the walkway between the Swan and Dolphin covered at all? We're staying in the summer which means rain. If we are staying at the Swan and want to go to dinner at the Dolphin will we get soaked? Silly question I know but it's a gal thing ;)

There have been a couple of conflicting responses to this.
There are covered sections of the walkway between the two hotels. However the coverings are fairly narrow and high enough so any amount of wind will result in you getting wet anyway. Umbrellas don't help much in the FL storms because of the gusty winds that accompany them.

You can nicely see the dual covered walkways between the two resorts, with the open air walkway in the middle here.

http://www.iceportal.com/brochures/...4736&brochureid=999&design=4&type=vr&index=38

As said, if it is blowing heavily, you may get wet some. I have walked that walk many, many times, including in the rain, never a problem.

Mark P. said:
I usually call them direct and ask if the Govt. rate is available. 1-800-227-1500.

-Mark

I just wanted to add that Teachers do not qualify for the Government rate. You must have a Government employee ID to qualify. Military is an example that qualifies. Teachers have their own teacher rate. They will ask you to present your faculty ID at check in.

madelyn said:
Posted this question last week but never saw an answer so I am going to post it again. When I look at rates on-line for the Dolphin they add a 5th person charge (an extra $25) for my 3rd child. When I check out will I be charged another $25 per day if we request a rollaway or is that 5th person charge the rollaway charge? Add those charges to the parking fee and the resort fee adds quite a bit to the original rate.

$25 is the extra adult fee. Rates are based on double occupancy so if you have more than two adults in the room there is an extra adult fee. You didn't say how old your son is but if he's 18 or over there's an extra adult fee. If he's 17 and under my guess is the website was doing something screwed up. I would just leave him off or call to book.

The rollaway charge is $25 and you pay that if you use a rollaway.

If you have both an extra adult and a rollaway you pay both fees $25 + $25 = $50 per night.

You can nicely see the dual covered walkways between the two resorts, with the open air walkway in the middle here.

http://www.iceportal.com/brochures/...4736&brochureid=999&design=4&type=vr&index=38

As said, if it is blowing heavily, you may get wet some. I have walked that walk many, many times, including in the rain, never a problem.

Thanks for that link, Dan. I went through all of the different views -- it really feels like you're there -- got me in the mood for our upcoming trip!:goodvibes

Leaving in less than two hours to pick up my friend and head to the airport. Dolphin, here we come!

Hi All: I haven't posted on this thread for a long time, but we are once again planning a Food and Wine Festival visit! OUr dates are Sept 25 to Oct 2. The first two nights we are staying at BLT studio using expiring DVC points. We were then hoping to move to an EPCOT resort using a 30% discount code.

Well, those codes were released this morning to Disney Visa holders and even with the 30% discount we are talking about $340 per night. This morning I booked the Dolphin using a Teacher discount (I qualify) for $159 per night plus the $17 daily fee.

So, it looks like the Dolphin for us! A couple of questions.

1. If we decline the daily housekeeping for the $5 food voucher, will they still leave clean towels? I don't mind making my own bed each day, but don't like to reuse towels.

2. Should I continue to look for discounted rates or is $159 per night pretty much rock bottom?

3. Has anyone ever switched from a Disney hotel to the Dolphin or Swan? Is the easiest way to move to just grab a taxi? Any other suggestions?

THANKS in advance!

Donna

We Love the Dolphin and for F&W the location can't be beat !

I don't know about waiving housekeeping - sorry?

The 159 teacher rater is as low a I have ever seen, my sil is a teacher and has gotten between 159 and 209 depending on the season.

As far as moving back and forth we have done it quite a few times. If you don't want to use a cab just leave your things with bell services at BLT and they will move them to the Dolphin for you. Then you can enjoy the parks and head over to the Dolphin when your ready to check in.

I have a question, what is the lowest rate you guys have seen for AAA (not a teacher, nurse or military rate) for the week after Thanksgiving? We are traveling Nov 30 to Dec 6 and right now, AAA rate is 188 at the Dolphin and 206 at the Swan for a standard room. Just curious as to whether or not that's as good as it may get. I'm really struggling with choosing between the Swan and POFQ.....

fyi...rooms sold out 5/22-5/26 ::scratchin

I made my reservations for the Swan at the end of July 2012 for my end of May 2013 trip, between Star Wars Weekends and the Garden Event; and the fact that the Swan/Dolphin sits right in between the two parks that host these events the Swan/Dolphin is ALWAYS booked for May/June.

Make your reservations EARLY!!!

We stayed at the Dolphin last year and LOVE IT but I've no idea of room rate because we booked a pkg thru SW. The cost of the 7N pkg - which included air and room w/ no resort fee plus $100 credit - equaled a 4N stay at the YC. :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter