The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *SEPT 2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!!! Great advice about the "dirty clothes bag".

I simply keep out an empty suitcase on the rack and refold all dirty laundry at the end of the day. I also sort it in the suitcase by darks, lights, and whites so when I get home I open the cases and toss it in by type--I know, I am very obsessive compulsive like that! :) It does work though to keep everything neat and tidy AND you don't have massive repacking to do if you are flying! :rotfl2:

:banana: COUNT ME IN
87 MORE DAYS TO GO!
I CANT BELIEVE I FINALLY HIT DOUBLE DIGITS:banana:

Aloha!! Thanks Seaspray and everyone else for this great thread!!
I can hardly contain my excitement :dance3: !!! I only have 3 more days of work left :woohoo: and only a few more days before this wonderful trip in honor of my father who passed away last year. It was always his dream to stay at the Poly but never could. So this is a really special trip for my me and my mother.

I do have a question for those of you who have stayed at the Poly. My mother (78), DS (12) his friend (11), DD (8) and myself will be arriving on Monday :cloud9: and I hope to get one of the larger rooms (but it will really not matter to me.) I do want to know how many drawers are available to store our clothes? :laundy: From the great pictures I have seen it looks like only 4 but I can be wrong too.

My mother has only one rule for this trip: keep the room clean! Might be tough with my children :scared:. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks to all!!!

I am right there with your mom-I love a clean clutter free room! One suggestion I got from the dis board and used on my recent stay at the Poly is to get a hanging cloth shoe rack for the back of the bathroom door to put organize all of your toiletries and with a family of five like ours there are a lot hairbrushes, lotions etc. This kept the bathroom counter relatively clean. We also took a nylon laundry bag as previously stated to keep in the closet.
By the way I got my shoe rack for $5 at CVS!

Wow Terry (SeaSpray), you ROCK!! :thumbsup2 The Poly overview (with pictures) you put on this new thread is just amazing!!!

In 2 months I will be taking my parents there for their anniversary. I chose the Poly because they honeymooned in Hawaii 30 years ago. They've only been to Disney once, back in '84, and we stayed with family instead of onsite. They are going to love the Poly (and Disney) SOOO much!

Today is my mom's birthday and I've been emailing her tidbits you've posted, along with pictures, to really tease her. Thanks to you, she's more excited than ever. :flower3:

Even this Poly lover (me) can't stand the anticipation of returning to the Poly again! :woohoo:

Another fantastic idea...definately will get the hanging shoe rack! It will surely keep everything neat and organized.:thanks:

I have to say it again...this site is the best! :disrocks:

Woohoo New Thread:cool1:

Did any of you actually get a notebook and write down tons of info? I just want to know I'm not crazy.:scared1:

Did any of you actually get a notebook and write down tons of info? I just want to know I'm not crazy.:scared1:

You mean my bright yellow notebook that says "Disney Info" on the cover??? Yes - I have one of those. With colored stickies marking certain pages so I can find them quickly.

I had a nightmare a few weeks ago that I left my notebook, MNSSHP tickets and all other information at home when we went to Disney. I woke up in a sweat!!!!!

If by notebook you mean 'laptop' where I have spreadsheets and word processor files of Disney info then yes, yes I have. :lmao:

I am right there with your mom-I love a clean clutter free room! One suggestion I got from the dis board and used on my recent stay at the Poly is to get a hanging cloth shoe rack for the back of the bathroom door to put organize all of your toiletries and with a family of five like ours there are a lot hairbrushes, lotions etc. This kept the bathroom counter relatively clean. We also took a nylon laundry bag as previously stated to keep in the closet.
By the way I got my shoe rack for $5 at CVS!

I knew that I forgot to put something on my list: hanging cloth shoe rack. Thanks for the reminder! :goodvibes

Ohhhh great a new thread!! :cool1: :cool1:

I can't believe it is almost time for our trip! 17 days (well 16 and 18 hours) until we take our DD for her first trip to the world! I haven't stayed at the poly since I was a child - DH has only stayed at the AKL so we are really excited.:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm stressing though that I will forget something I need for DD but I guess if I forget it we will have a car so it isn't a big deal. There are too many threads and packing suggestions - bad enough we are only packing one bag each never mind taking all the extras. I might just bring that second bag since we are grandfathered in with Delta.

We want to do a quick run to the store the afternoon we arrive maybe when DD naps so my parents can watch her- can anyone tell me where the best place to go to for (we will have a rental car) diapers, yobaby yogurt, whole milk, cereal, fruit for the room and snacks for the room and bottled water etc? I don't think I want to ship stuff down ahead of time.

LOL youre not crazy..I'm using the PassPorter for all my ADR's, flight info,delivery reminders, when to show up for resort photo shoot..etc. I'm kinda screwed if I lose it..I better back it up somewhere huh?:rotfl: :rotfl: I have lots on my laptop too but I'm not organized like MsStinkerBelle :worship: I just have my stuff on my WDW travel page and favorites noted. I can't believe it's getting so close. I'll take lots of photos!

If by notebook you mean 'laptop' where I have spreadsheets and word processor files of Disney info then yes, yes I have. :lmao:

Ohhhh spreadsheets? What do you make spreadsheets of? Maybe I need to get a bit more organized! Any tips would be appreciated!!!

Anyone know if they sell shirts for kids there at the Poly? (Toddlers, actually)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter