The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
GORGEOUS pictures, NeverlandPixie!

Kona Cafe is my favorite place to eat at the Poly. I usually knock back at least one Lapu Lapu each meal. ;)

just a quick question. Is their an indoor hallway to the rooms or do you open your door and you're outside???
do you know what I mean?
thank you

Hi everyone :wave2:

I finally took some time and just updated some of the Index links on Post #1. I've added more longhouse review links, and I also created 2 new links. One is called "Is the Polynesian really worth it??" and the other is "How hot and crowded is the Polynesian in the summer??". I posted links to many of the comments that some of you have made, on those 2 topics. I think many people who are researching the resort will find your experiences very useful.

Please let me know if you think anything needs to be added (or taken away, for that matter) to Post #1. Thanks! :sunny:

Great pic NeverlandPixie:thumbsup2

Thanks SeaSpray for making this a great thread:hug:

I love checking back to this every couple of days makes me wish I was there now:goodvibes

We found the 'Ohana character breakfast to be a lot of fun. And surprisingly the food was very fresh, very plentiful, and very delicious! I say "surprisingly" because initially I wasn't too excited over the set menu, and any day that I'm having breakfast someplace other than the Kona Cafe isn't a good day, but we went because we were meeting friends there who have small children, and I decided to make the best of it!

Even though it's all-you-care-to-eat, it's not a buffet; the servers bring platters of food right to your table. If you want more of anything (or everything!) they will bring it to you. They brought out a fresh fruit platter and when I asked for a little more pineapple the server brought out an entire other platter of just pineapple. It was fresh and delicious! Even the Mickey waffles, which LOOKED adorable, were light and fluffy! The character interaction was very good, in my opinion. ::MickeyMo pluto: :stitch2:

I didn't take many pictures of this meal, but here are a few:

P1010108.JPG

P1010115.JPG

P1010120.JPG

And you've got to love Mickey in his Hawaiian garb!
P1010101.JPG

Thanks for those pics SeaSpray!
I am taking DD and DNiece to the 'Ohana breakfast this summer and cannot wait. We haven't done many character meals in the past couple of years now that DD is a bit older, but this will be fun and convenient since we are staying at the Polynesian :flower1:

Thanks for those pics SeaSpray!
I am taking DD and DNiece to the 'Ohana breakfast this summer and cannot wait. We haven't done many character meals in the past couple of years now that DD is a bit older, but this will be fun and convenient since we are staying at the Polynesian :flower1:

You're welcome, I only wish I had taken better and more pictures! It really was a fun experience, I know you'll have a great time :)

You know, the more I think about it and remember how nice it was, I'm considering booking it for our trip next month! :scratchin It'll only be DH, DAunt, and myself, but I think DAunt would get a kick out of the characters. :sunny: We're also doing Crystal Palace because she likes the Pooh and friends characters, and also Garden Grill. It'll be very convenient for us too, since we're also staying at the Polynesian :yay:

We did Crystal Palace in August "for old time's sake". It was great. Just DD and me. I've always enjoyed the food there and the setting and the characters. I was texting DH pics the whole time (he was at home working) and we couldn't believe the difference in DD compared to all the photos from years past. She's as tall as Piglet now! :faint:
I'm going to look up info on Garden Grill. In over 20 trips we've never been there!!

We've had dinner at 'Ohana several times over the years. We've always enjoyed it. I LOVE the salad with lime dressing, the glazed stickey wings, the veggies, and some of the meats. DH loves the shrimp whether they're the "old" shrimp on skewers, or the former shrimp in a bowl with spices, OR when we try the NEW shrimp on skewers next month! LOL

Here are pictures that have been taken at our various meals over the last couple of years. Please keep in mind that the menu can and does change at times. For example, the cheese potato casserole is no longer on the menu. Next month I'll get pictures of the new noodle dish that replaced. But these pictures will give you a very good general idea of 'Ohana at dinner time. :)

P1010337.JPG

P1010338.JPG

P1010339.JPG

The bread pudding dessert, which I think is still being served there!
P1010343.JPG

Hot, moist towels are brought to the table so you can wash your hands. I love this touch. :)
P1010344.JPG

During one of our dinners, one of the cooks was standing at the open-fire grill and he was dancing around so we started to cheer for him. He came over to our table and posed for a picture with us. He was a good sport, a lot of fun, and a very big/tall guy!!!! :)
P1010341.JPG

Heading to WDW for first time in two days and staying at Poly. Trying to decide if it is better to bring two single strollers or one double (we do not want to rent). We were leaning toward the double but I was trying to envision where we would store it when at the Poly as it is faily large even when folded - in the room (closet?)? Outside somewhere? I do not want to have to walk back and forth to our car.
Any tips would be much appreciated.

We are a family of six and when we stayed at the PoLY last year we had both the strollers put in from of the door that would be a connecting door if we were in connecting rooms....
Never had a problems storing them there.. actually i brought one of those pop up hampers for everyones clothes and that was in the room too with a crib and we still had a lot of room....
Another option is next to the dresser in bewteen the TV and the couch...that is where they had our crib...but if you don't have a crib you can certainly put strollers there too...

Have fun.. I go back in a few months
Angela

Hi, I have been reading through the posts here and I am loving it! I am so excited for our upcoming trip in may that we literally just planned this week as a surprise little extra trip from my parents for my Sister and I before heading to GF in December. This is our first time actually staying at the Poly:yay: and I was looking at the activities list and I was wondering what the,
3:45pm: Yaka Dula Keiki Hula at the front of the lobby and the
1pm: Plush demonstration are?
We are only staying here for 4 days and I just wondered what these are and if they are worth staying around at the resort for? This may be a silly question but just wanted to make the most out of our short little trip!
Thank you so much in advance:) Brittany

Hi, I have been reading through the posts here and I am loving it! I am so excited for our upcoming trip in may that we literally just planned this week as a surprise little extra trip from my parents for my Sister and I before heading to GF in December. This is our first time actually staying at the Poly:yay: and I was looking at the activities list and I was wondering what the,
3:45pm: Yaka Dula Keiki Hula at the front of the lobby and the
1pm: Plush demonstration are?
We are only staying here for 4 days and I just wondered what these are and if they are worth staying around at the resort for? This may be a silly question but just wanted to make the most out of our short little trip!
Thank you so much in advance:) Brittany

I actually have NO idea!! :lmao: But I think the hula is hula lessons :banana: I'm not sure what the plush demonstration is. Our DSs were a little older the first time we stayed at the Polynesian so they weren't interested in any activities. Now I'm really curious :scratchin and I'll find out when I'm there next month. Which dates will you be there in May??

Our family is heading to O'Hana at the end of June and we have never been there. I am really looking forward to eating there! Thank you for sharing your photos of the meal!

Stacy:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter