The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
huntconn: congrats on the free upgrade and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hope you have a wonderful vacation... :wizard:

Thanks for all of the congrats and best wishes guys. I really can't recommend "advertising" any special event you may be celebrating enough. So many cast members and even several off duty ones have wished us a happy anniversary. It's so much fun. One question: is it ok to post live reports on this thread or do most prefer you do it in the live report section? I prefer to do it here because of my focus on the Poly but I don't want to do anything inappropriate. Please advise. Better get going we have to watch Wishes from our balcony while sipping cognac and enjoying some desserts! Sorry...couldn't resist!:laughing:

Oh, and Tess...I'm glad you're feeling better. Always love hearing about your Disney adventures and seeing pictures of your family. Take care.:flower3:

Thanks for all of the congrats and best wishes guys. I really can't recommend "advertising" any special event you may be celebrating enough. So many cast members and even several off duty ones have wished us a happy anniversary. It's so much fun. One question: is it ok to post live reports on this thread or do most prefer you do it in the live report section? I prefer to do it here because of my focus on the Poly but I don't want to do anything inappropriate. Please advise. Better get going we have to watch Wishes from our balcony while sipping cognac and enjoying some desserts! Sorry...couldn't resist!:laughing:

Personally I hope you can post live updates here. I would love to read the latest about the Polynesian right on this thread.

Wishes, cognac and desserts on the balcony....just need to add the Electrical Water Pageant for a perfect WDW evening.:goodvibes

Ok, here's, an update: Wishes was wonderful last night. We watched them from our balcony and the music was really LOUD. And I mean that in a good way. I've always thought the volume of the resort music and Wishes was too low. Not sure if it is that loud all over but we are down near the lounge end of the Hawaii building and there are speakers right below us. The Poly is as beautiful as ever. Crowds in the parks are pretty high. The key for us is to get there early then leave around lunch time and hit the Volcano pool! Have not had any problems finding tables or lounge chairs around the pool. Wait times in the MK yesterday were: Splash Mountain 85 minutes, Pirates 10 minutes, BTM 50 minutes, Haunted Mansion 30 minutes (LOVE the rehab BTW). This morning we did AK-went on EE 3 times in a row w/ about a 10 minute wait each time (early entry) also rode Dinosaur. Now we are back for some down time at the pool. BTW, we requested a microwave oven for our room at check in and it was in our room after we returned from the MK yesterday. I also requested that housekeeping be done before 12pm every day and our room was clean when we returned today at 11:30am. Also of note:I did notice the large sliding glass doors were quite dirty when we first walked in. They weren't dirty per se but whoever cleaned them left large streaks from the cleaning fluid. Anyway, I mentioned it to Lawrence at the club desk and when we returned from the MK they were spotless. Lawrence is an excellent cast member who works at the club level desk sometimes. Very professional and friendly . Anyway, time to hit the pool. I'll check in later.:banana:

Thanks for your update, huntconn. I'm glad to hear the music was nice and clear last night. It does vary in our experience. One night I saw two gentlemen in suits who appeared to be adjusting a speaker in front of Hawaii.

Have fun at the pool.:thumbsup2

Another thanks for the update, huntconn. Question: When they give you a microwave for your room, where do they put it? Trying to figure out if it would take up too much real estate to request one. Hope the rest of your trip is magical! :wizard:

Another thanks for the update, huntconn. Question: When they give you a microwave for your room, where do they put it? Trying to figure out if it would take up too much real estate to request one. Hope the rest of your trip is magical! :wizard:

Did I miss something...I didn't know guests could request a microwave for their room? :confused3 Someone please fill me in!

Yes, as far as I understand you can. I've never done it (no need, not going at a super-busy time (or early in the year) or looking for a very specific room category). I've heard some people say they roll it right over and if what you've paid (one night) is more than the $200, you're fine, otherwise you need to pay the rest to get to $200. I've heard other people say they actually cancel your ressie, refund your deposit, and then rebook it as a package with $200 required.

This is the very thing I'm pondering right now. We were offered a bounceback (30% off deluxes) during our Nov stay at POR, so I booked the Poly GV for just H&I :lovestruc for this September. However, it is a room-only ressie. We'd like to add the dining plan, but I'm concerned that if I convert it to a package, my room rate will go up, thus making this trip far too expensive for us to afford. :sad2: We're expecting baby #2 in January, so this will likely be our last "alone" trip to the World for quite some time, and we REALLY want to check out the Poly. Anyone know if I can expect to keep my better room rate when adding dining? :confused3

I am loving this thread - staying at the Poly has been a dream of mine for a long time, and this makes me even more excited to go. Just the thought of watching Wishes from the beach gives me goosebumps! :cloud9:

This is the very thing I'm pondering right now. We were offered a bounceback (30% off deluxes) during our Nov stay at POR, so I booked the Poly GV for just H&I :lovestruc for this September. However, it is a room-only ressie. We'd like to add the dining plan, but I'm concerned that if I convert it to a package, my room rate will go up, thus making this trip far too expensive for us to afford. :sad2: We're expecting baby #2 in January, so this will likely be our last "alone" trip to the World for quite some time, and we REALLY want to check out the Poly. Anyone know if I can expect to keep my better room rate when adding dining? :confused3

I am loving this thread - staying at the Poly has been a dream of mine for a long time, and this makes me even more excited to go. Just the thought of watching Wishes from the beach gives me goosebumps! :cloud9:

If you call Disney Reservation Center, the CM should be able to tell you what would happen to the price. Then you can decide. Good luck and happy planning. The Polynesian is magical!

Did I miss something...I didn't know guests could request a microwave for their room? :confused3 Someone please fill me in!

Yes, you can request a microwave at the Poly. They only have a limited number of them available though. They put ours on the shelf right above the refrigerator. It's a small microwave and fits there nicely with plenty of room left over for the ice bucket. They put the coffee maker on top of the microwave.
Just got back from the Nanea Volcano pool. Got there around 12pm and it was not crowded at all. Plenty of tables available. By the time we left however, it was pretty crowded with tables hard to come by. I never really understood the complaints about how crowded the volcano pool gets-I enjoy all the kids playing and having plenty of people to watch and talk to. I have seen several reports of the pool water being cold and I would have to agree...it was C-O-L-D! Don't get me wrong, in the middle of a hot July Florida day, I do not want the pool to be warm. But I can see what people are talking about. I thought it felt great and you get used to it anyway after a couple of minutes. Also, the music underwater was very quiet, almost hard to hear. They also had the water jets turned off in the area down by where the water slide ends. I was disapointed because that's my favorite part of the pool..it's almost like a hot tub (without the hot!) Anyway, great afternoon at the pool. One other note..they need to do something about the birds around the pool area. They are very bold and were stealing food right off of the table of the people next to us while they were sitting there. We're heading over to the Contemporary to check out the renovated concourse area then to 'Ohana for an 8pm ADR. I'll check in later!:banana:

Yes, you can request a microwave at the Poly. They only have a limited number of them available though. They put ours on the shelf right above the refrigerator. It's a small microwave and fits there nicely with plenty of room left over for the ice bucket. They put the coffee maker on top of the microwave.
Just got back from the Nanea Volcano pool. Got there around 12pm and it was not crowded at all. Plenty of tables available. By the time we left however, it was pretty crowded with tables hard to come by. I never really understood the complaints about how crowded the volcano pool gets-I enjoy all the kids playing and having plenty of people to watch and talk to. I have seen several reports of the pool water being cold and I would have to agree...it was C-O-L-D! Don't get me wrong, in the middle of a hot July Florida day, I do not want the pool to be warm. But I can see what people are talking about. I thought it felt great and you get used to it anyway after a couple of minutes. Also, the music underwater was very quiet, almost hard to hear. They also had the water jets turned off in the area down by where the water slide ends. I was disapointed because that's my favorite part of the pool..it's almost like a hot tub (without the hot!) Anyway, great afternoon at the pool. One other note..they need to do something about the birds around the pool area. They are very bold and were stealing food right off of the table of the people next to us while they were sitting there. We're heading over to the Contemporary to check out the renovated concourse area then to 'Ohana for an 8pm ADR. I'll check in later!:banana:

Thanks for the live updates Huntconn...keep them coming!!!!! I'm glad you're having such a great time!

(I wish I was there with you....can't wait til Sept!!!)

I had no idea about the microwaves! That would really come in handy, as we usually eat breakfast in the room...Is there a charge for the microwave? Should it be requested on the reservation, or at check-in?

Thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts