The New *Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread*

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by TinyDancer, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Soooo like your reply...Doing my first 10K this weekend (Boerne YMCA Turkey Trot) and fear I will be last...but if I am...I will practice my princess wave like someone else on the thread said they would do if they were last!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gryhndmom

Gryhndmom Coast to Coast 2013....PHM and DL Half

Do you know what day you will be flying San Antonio to Orlando ? Hubby and I are flying out on 21 Feb on the afternoon non-stop.

Are you doing the Boerne 10K Turkey Trot on Saturday?

4. rosermama

rosermama DIS Veteran

I would be interested and I live here so no traveling for me.
    2 things which concern me:
    1) I will be out of the country on the 6th of Dec till the 8th how does this effect the group?
    2) DC has a bad reputation of not doing inguaral runs very well. They have to be really organized with street closures and is the start by a metro where is the expo and packet pick up. When they did the Hot Chocolate the 1st time here it was a nightmare. So I am waiting for more details.

NWM emailed me back and told me the pace is 15 min mile

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

5. MinnieDiva

MinnieDiva Obsessive Trip Planner

I went to go respond to this on the Facebook page, but I can't get on there...anyone else having issues with Facebook today? I'm getting emails when someone posts, but can't get to the page....:(

Anyway....don't be discouraged! How many people do you think dropped out? YOU can do it! I've been last before....that feeling when you turn around and realize "wait, I'm it?" really sucks, but I comforted myself with the fact that 1)I didn't quit and 2) others flat out didn't finish.

One of my favorite sayings : "if you think you can't, you probably won't. "

6. christinascreative

christinascreative Mouseketeer

I was excited because you get tickets to the park included in the $75 entry fee as well as a medal. Not too shabby. Hilly though... Hmm. I train on hills, but it depends on HOW hilly. ;)

Did he find it hilly / hard ? What did he like /not like? Any advice? :)

Niagara, huh? Now I need to google that. You're not kidding when you say so many races, so little time... I just started running in August and I feel like I could be running a race every week... if my bank account and body could keep up :rotfl2:

7. bskelly07

bskelly07 Mouseketeer

It doesn't effect the group at all! You just have to register between the dates, that's just when the last day to register is. So if you'd like to do it, just be sure to register before you leave! Where are you headed? Jealous!
    I've been reading that Hot Chocolate is just a mess in general - a couple threads back someone was saying that they just throw everyone in there, walkers and fast runners. Then it's just congested and bad. NWM have been running a full/half marathon the past 7-8 years in San Fran and they are pretty well organized with that. I was reading a lot of peoples comments, the only thing they were disgruntled about was that the expo wasn't all that great. So I'm not sure if DC would be the problem, and hopefully since this isn't their first time doing a half, they would have all the procedures down for closing roads etc.

8. rosermama

rosermama DIS Veteran

We are heading out on the Disney Fantasy on Dec 1

I just wonder where they would hold the expo what day does it open?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

9. poohbear8

poohbear8 DIS Veteran

I ran a 10k in July to get a time to submit for the TOT. I didn't check the previous year's results, which was probably good. The course was out and back and I saw many people heading back while I was still heading out! In the end, I ran a little quicker than my 5k time and had 45 people finish behind me. It was hot and humid (very much like TOT actually) and I was hurting. I thought I had dropped actually slower than I had, so my goal was to just finish any way possible! I was pleasantly surprised to find the time was good enough to move me up for the TOT!

Go out there and do your best! Don't worry about the others. You will have all of us cheering you on!:cool1:

10. bskelly07

bskelly07 Mouseketeer

This is the info for the expo, I also think it's located on the course map I posted earlier (just the location)

Washington Harbor, Washington, DC

Thursday, April 25, 12:00PM – 8:00PM
    Friday, April 26, 10:00AM – 8:00PM
    Saturday, April 27, 8:00AM – 6:00PM

11. RunningWhimsy

RunningWhimsy Earning My Ears

I've been lurking for awhile but wanted to officially say hello. :) Just got my tiara I'm wearing for the race in the mail yesterday so of course now I'm wandering around the house with it on. lol So excited! Happy Friday, everyone!

12. MoonFaerie

MoonFaerie DIS Veteran

Boo! There is zero chance I can make it for the Nike race in DC. :( They even have discounted rates for college students AND there are a number of non-lottery, guaranteed spots for college students. Alas, the race falls at the end of the semester. Finals are more important than a race. :(

13. MizBrix

MizBrix Earning My Ears

Hi ladies! I'm a longtime lurker, but wanted to join the fun! I'm registered for the PHM! We're making this a family vacation to celebrate my DD5's birthday as well. I'm very excited ... I haven't been to WDW in over 20 years, so I can't wait to bring the family! I just had surgery so I won't be able to train until December, but I'm walking my miles everyday (very slowly). I had run a Diva Half Marathon right before surgery so I know what to expect with training. Happy training everyone!

14. EEsloveDis

EEsloveDis Mouseketeer

15. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 DIS Veteran

I've been wearing my tiara around the house too! :rotfl:

16. EEsloveDis

EEsloveDis Mouseketeer

Where did you get your tiara from? I'm trying to decide what I'm wearing.

17. Mamasmurf227

Mamasmurf227 Mouseketeer

Woot! Sent an e-mail yesterday to submit my time, and already got an e-mail back that my corral placement had been updated! :banana: OK, starting to feel the motivation & excitement come back!

18. VickiHD

VickiHD DIS Veteran

Hi and welcome !!!

I have been wearing my tiara around the house too !!!! it doesn't even matter if it's a bad hair day. I think everything looks better with a little bling.:rotfl:

19. KristinM1027

KristinM1027 Earning My Ears

I registered earlier this week! I suppose I should start shopping for a tiara and tutu?! :wave2:

20. bskelly07

bskelly07 Mouseketeer

I've been thinking about getting a tiara! Where did you purchase it online? I'm hoping to find one comfy enough to run in! And welcome :)

21. VickiHD

VickiHD DIS Veteran

Yes !!! Think of it as part of your training :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.