1. Guest - Welcome to the new DIS Boards! I will create a thread on the tech support board to talk about any issues we are seeing and another thread to discuss new functionality - Alex

The New *Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Thread*

Discussion in 'Events/Competition' started by TinyDancer, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KristinU

KristinU New Member

Do the legs stay put where they should and not ride up? I just googled them and they look nice and short, like there's not a lot of leg length to ride up. If they're going to end up high on my leg I guess it would be better off just to start there, huh?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Dreamer2012

Dreamer2012 New Member

My friend and I stayed off property last year near downtown disney and had no problems getting amywhere although we probably had to do a bit more planning and Im sure it probably took us a bit longer but for us the savings made it worth it. It is definitely doable.

4. Princess on the Run

Princess on the Run Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

I feel the same way! No sense in making them work for it if that's where they're going anyway. LOL! I like them quite a bit. I only wear them under skirts though because they tend to show some "camel toe" and without the skirt to cover that up, I feel a little obscene.

5. the_princess

the_princess New Member

That's what I'm thinking, I need to get this ready before Christmas. Times fly!

Those are so cute... I hope they'll be at the expo.

We have just booked POR as well. The standard room was sold out, so we had to take a Royal room. Which actually fits in with the theme of the weekend :upsidedow

6. KristinU

KristinU New Member

You had me literally LOL at that last sentence! Too funny, yet too too true!

I think I'm going to head back over to the expo today...i think I'll go with boring black so i can get more wear out of it. I just got Newton shoes, so that's enough brightness for this girl...unless i go crazy and match my Newtons - aqua and lime with yellow and orange and a little bit of red!

7. Cripey

Cripey New Member

Never hurts to try a different running store for a second opinion if the Cumulus don't work for you. If you end up giving the Pure Cadence a try, I have a pair of bright pink 8.5's with only 30-something miles on them available for a great deal!

8. jodipaige2004

jodipaige2004 New Member

9. princessallegra

princessallegra They call me Mrs. Disney

SOOO COOL!!! We booked a king room because we need the extra room to foam roll! Haha! I am so jealous! Enjoy the royal room!!!

10. debyeb7

debyeb7 New Member

Thank you :)

11. sumlee

sumlee New Member

Hello Everyone!!! :wave2:

I signed up for the Princess Half at the ToT expo! YAY! It's fun to see some familiar avatars from the ToT boards. Hello ladies! The temperature and humidity will be better in February, right? RIGHT?! :worried: Please say yes. :bitelip:

Anyway, looking forward to it!!!

12. Cripey

Cripey New Member

One can only hope!!

13. princessallegra

Hahaha yes! This past Feb it was perfect (for me). I'm from NY, LI area and I trained outside in 20-45 degree weather for all runs. Leaving the hotel for the buses at 3:45 am it was 50 degrees. I had my throwaway old navy thermal over my race gear (long compression tights, two tight wicking racerbacks) and I was perfect. The ladies walking to the bus with me were shivering! They were Floridians. At the start I tossed my thermal and was toasty by mile 1. I get very hot easily. Which may be why i was so sick during the ToT. The weather stayed about 60 i believe. There was a tiny drizzle really early at times but i personally didnt feel it.

Yayyy anoter ToTer over here!!! SOOOO excited!!!!

14. SuperHappyFunTimes

SuperHappyFunTimes RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slip

February in Florida can be cold (ok, Florida cold) or rainy or perfect, but it is very rarely hot. Definitely not early October hot and humid.

15. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 New Member

Its race day for me!

Hoping to use this 10km as my proof of time but its going to be a rough race. Its a night race (cool, eh?) but we're supposed to get more rain tonight then in the last 6 months combined. :headache: Its just constant storm systems moving through today.

Yikes! Going to be a cold, wet, windy run along the water.....wish me luck!

16. KristinU

KristinU New Member

Best of luck - GO CONQUER IT!!!!

17. Princess on the Run

Princess on the Run Sprinkling Pixie Dust!!!

Run like the wind!!!!! Pixie dust away!!!!!!! pixiedust:

18. kindakrazy2

kindakrazy2 New Member

You guys are the best! Thanks for the encouragement!

19. princessallegra

get it gurrrlllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. SuperHappyFunTimes

SuperHappyFunTimes RunDisney Races coming up: Wine & Dine, Glass Slip

Hope you have a great race!

21. dizdreamer1955

dizdreamer1955 New Member

I agree that the Ascics Cumulus have changed in the latest version! I had to try to find more of the 13's in my size, and they are doing much better than the 14's. I feel like the heel is just a tad too high, and they seem to be a bit roomier than the 13's. I bought two more pair of the 13's so they will get me thru the next two half marathons...and then I'll have to find a new style.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.