SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I've never noticed if the pools were heated, I don't think they were, but I could be wrong.

From the FAQ on the SoG website.

Q:
Are the pools indoor or outside?

A:
Our pools are outdoors, however, they are heated and can be enjoyed throughout the year.

From the FAQ on the SoG website.

Q:
Are the pools indoor or outside?

A:
Our pools are outdoors, however, they are heated and can be enjoyed throughout the year.

Thanks, I guess they just weren't working when we were there in Feb.

If the pools are heated in February, I'm hoping they're refrigerated in August so I won't cook when I jump in.:rotfl2: LOL !

Jusero - have a blast!!!!!

Capegirl - they seem ok in august. Just enough to be refreshing. (and I'd love to know if you are MA guard from the cape......)

buffettgirl, happy to hear I will find some relief at the pool in August. To answer you question..... DH is retired MA guard.

buffettgirl, happy to hear I will find some relief at the pool in August. To answer you question..... DH is retired MA guard.

Then our husbands probably know each other LOL - he's got 30 years in the guard, still going, on the cape. ;)

My brother is out on the cape. He lives in North Truro. Have never had the chance to go visit, but it looks beautiful out there.

Previously we have noticed that while the pools are heated, they aren't very warm. The kids had a hard time swimming for very long, and they are total die hards in the pool. Even dh got cold pretty quick. He grew up swimming in the Northern Rockies snowmelt lakes, so he isn't sensitive to the cold. Maybe it is better now.

Can we talk about the family suites?

Right now we are a family of 5, but will (God willing) be 6 when we go for spring break. Last trip we stayed at the Cabins and YC, and now that I have that out of my system, I am thinking about staying at Shades again. I will miss the dining plan, though. Last trip was our first time on the dining plan, and I loved it. Perhaps we'll do a split stay.

So, I am thinking about getting a suite. Actually, the price of the Palm Suite is reasonable for what you get, IMO. Especially considering the costs compared to Disney deluxe resorts.

What are the other family suites like? I really dislike suites with a master bedroom and then the kids are expected to sleep on pull outs in the living area that connects to the hall. I have a 7 year old with some pretty major developmental issues, and he absolutely will wander off without notice. Are all the suites designed like this?

Has anyone stayed at the Palm suite? Details, photos, etc would be great. Thanks!

Oh, and free WiFi now? Awesome.

DH and I have not stayed at SOG in awhile. Just curious about the food...has it gotten better? I read a lot of reviews that said it wasn't great. We used to enjoy getting lunch at Evergreens and eating it by the pool and the Garden Galley. Thanks.

DH and I have not stayed at SOG in awhile. Just curious about the food...has it gotten better? I read a lot of reviews that said it wasn't great. We used to enjoy getting lunch at Evergreens and eating it by the pool and the Garden Galley. Thanks.

nope. Same crappy crap as it's been for years now.

nope. Same crappy crap as it's been for years now.

Please, tell us how you really feel. :rotfl2:

They need to wipe the cobwebs from Evergreen's old menu from 10 years ago. You know, back when there was something worth looking forward to....like the onion rings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter