SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Sorry if this has been discussed, I can't seem to be able to find the info on my own.

I know there is a new side (Palm) and the old side (Magnolia). We have stayed on the Magnolia side with mixed reviews. Are the rooms on both sides the same size? My husband is under the impression the ones in Magnolia may be bigger. I think it's an optical illusion because of the little divider wall.

Straight from Shades:

Hello Jane! Thank you for your continuous support. Every time a guest checks out of a room, we change out the comforters/ bedspreads with clean comforters/bedspreads. All of our pillows have pillow protectors on them and we change out the pillow cases when guests check out. Thank you again for your support.

I would hope they change the pillowcases!

Sorry if this has been discussed, I can't seem to be able to find the info on my own.

I know there is a new side (Palm) and the old side (Magnolia). We have stayed on the Magnolia side with mixed reviews. Are the rooms on both sides the same size? My husband is under the impression the ones in Magnolia may be bigger. I think it's an optical illusion because of the little divider wall.

I'm pretty sure square footage is the same. The bathrooms are a little different.

Hi guys! I'm new to Shades of Green, but we will be staying there in 43 days (but who's counting? haha) with our son who is in the Air Force. DH has knee problems, so we know we'd like to be close to the bus stop, and would prefer not to be climbing more than one flight of stairs. Also, we want to be in a room that has the toilet separate from the sink area, with preferably two sinks. We will NOT have a car, so being near the parking garage is not an issue. Can anyone tell me what part of the resort I should request? Specific rooms would be great too.
Thanks!

I was pretty excited to see the new "Made in the Shade" store with SOG merchandise:)

who's daughter is a military spouse. Her husband is currently stationed in Korea. If I read the elegibility requirements correctly, her daughter should be able to book up to three rooms. Is this correct?

who's daughter is a military spouse. Her husband is currently stationed in Korea. If I read the elegibility requirements correctly, her daughter should be able to book up to three rooms. Is this correct?

Yes, spouses can sponsor up to three rooms. She would have to bring a copy of the current LES (the month you check in LES) and her military i.d. too.

Here is the link to the specifics of sponsoring rooms. http://www.shadesofgreen.org/sponsor.htm

Hi guys! I'm new to Shades of Green, but we will be staying there in 43 days (but who's counting? haha) with our son who is in the Air Force. DH has knee problems, so we know we'd like to be close to the bus stop, and would prefer not to be climbing more than one flight of stairs. Also, we want to be in a room that has the toilet separate from the sink area, with preferably two sinks. We will NOT have a car, so being near the parking garage is not an issue. Can anyone tell me what part of the resort I should request? Specific rooms would be great too.
Thanks!

You will love the SOG!!!! The bus stop is on the lower level of the hotel. There are elevators so you don't have to worry about your husband having to do stairs. If you want a room that has the described bathroom you will need to ask to be in the newer section of the hotel. The Magnolia section bathrooms are not set up that way. I would suggest you ask for a lobby level room and tell them why. Have fun!

You will love the SOG!!!! The bus stop is on the lower level of the hotel. There are elevators so you don't have to worry about your husband having to do stairs. If you want a room that has the described bathroom you will need to ask to be in the newer section of the hotel. The Magnolia section bathrooms are not set up that way. I would suggest you ask for a lobby level room and tell them why. Have fun!

We have stayed in the Magnolia section twice and our bathroom WAS set up that way. It is my understanding that not all of them are, but ours was. We were on the lobby level almost directly across from the laundry room.

We were in the Magnolia wing and our bath was exactly as you discribed. We had a standard room. Many of the rooms on our floor were identical.

Have a great trip!

I just read that SOG now has refillable mugs! I apologize if this has been discussed - there are so many pages here - it's hard to read through it all!

My question is - where do you refill your mug at SOG and what can you refill it with? Is coffee an option?

Thanks!

Just a heads up SOG refillable mugs are a little different than disney refillable mugs. I believe the SOG ones are around $5 for the mug and $1 for each subsequent refill. Not sure what beverages are available... But the value really depends on how often you plan to refill the mug (and what beverages are available).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter