SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I just checked out the pictures on trip advisor. I am not sure where that room is. We have been to shades of green at least 10 times we are heading there for our 4th time in less than two years in a couple of months and have been in both the magnolia and the palm wings and have always had a double the sinks with the toilet and tub separated from the sinks by a door. The pictures show the tub next to the sinks, perhaps that is a handicapped accessible room or one of the suites.

I could possibly be wrong about the wall, I am really not sure which side has it. It comes in handy to put things on but when we were there with my sister and her 2 sets of twins we had a lot more room with out it...lol... I went by which wing I thought we stayed at with the kids, but I really cant remember.

I don't remember where I read the post about Magnolia rooms being updated. They were updated in 2009 so you are right they probably wont be updating them any time soon. When we were there in August they were replacing all the door locks maybe that is what the post I read was talking about.

I'll bet you're right. The single sink area sure looks like a handicapped accessible room. It'll be great regardless of the room!

Thank you! Now I guess I just have to decide what is more important to me, a double sink bathroom or a partition to (hopefully) let our LO sleep better without looking at all of us.

Well I have been reading posts going back to 2006 on different boards, and figured I would go to the source. From what I gather, it sounds like the Palm wing is the newer wing, is that correct? When I called, the lady kept going back and forth and mixing up Palm and Magnolia, so I ended up more confused than I was :scared: . I requested a room in the newer wing, and then asked if they had any rooms with those small partitions, to which she said she didn't know if they had any of those, they were in the Magnolia wing, but they may have been taken down during construction...again getting me confused with which wing was the new wing. :confused3

So in short, can somebody please tell me...I am looking for a newer room, double sink bathroom (preferably) and a wall partition. Do they have rooms like that? Thank you so much in advance!

The Palm section is the newer section. They do not have the partition in the rooms. I think that is only in the older section (Magnolia). I have stayed in rooms with double sink in both sections, but you have to request that, because they don't all have the double sink.

We are planning on returning to SOG in early December. When we stayed at SOG in December 2013, WDW was still using "Fast Pass" machines as they were still working out all the kinks with the Magic Bands. From reading all the posts, I believe that next time we go, if we pre-purchase our tickets from SOG, they will send us our ticket numbers so we can make Fast Pass reservations on the Disney website. Staying "off site", we can only make those FP reservations 30 days ahead? Can I make all my FP reservations at once or will I have to reserve each day as it reaches the 30 days out mark? Without the magic band, are my reservations linked to my "hard ticket"? For anyone who has used the new system, were you successful at getting all the FP reservations/times (I know you can only have so many per day) at 30 days out? How many days ahead can people staying in a WDW Resort make FP reservations? Thanks so much.

We are planning on returning to SOG in early December. When we stayed at SOG in December 2013, WDW was still using "Fast Pass" machines as they were still working out all the kinks with the Magic Bands. From reading all the posts, I believe that next time we go, if we pre-purchase our tickets from SOG, they will send us our ticket numbers so we can make Fast Pass reservations on the Disney website. Staying "off site", we can only make those FP reservations 30 days ahead? Can I make all my FP reservations at once or will I have to reserve each day as it reaches the 30 days out mark? Without the magic band, are my reservations linked to my "hard ticket"? For anyone who has used the new system, were you successful at getting all the FP reservations/times (I know you can only have so many per day) at 30 days out? How many days ahead can people staying in a WDW Resort make FP reservations? Thanks so much.

We did not buy our tickets from SOG, but from what I am told, at about the 45 day mark, they will take a picture of the back of your tickets so that you have the number on the ticket to link to MDE. Yes, you can only make them 30 days ahead, and yes, that goes day by day (which is a little annoying). I have not had much trouble getting most of the FP attractions that I wanted, but a lot of people who want Mine Train and Anna and Elsa have not been able to get them. Those staying "officially" on site get to make their FP selections at 60 days. HTH!

We did not buy our tickets from SOG, but from what I am told, at about the 45 day mark, they will take a picture of the back of your tickets so that you have the number on the ticket to link to MDE. Yes, you can only make them 30 days ahead, and yes, that goes day by day (which is a little annoying). I have not had much trouble getting most of the FP attractions that I wanted, but a lot of people who want Mine Train and Anna and Elsa have not been able to get them. Those staying "officially" on site get to make their FP selections at 60 days. HTH!
But don't give up on trying for FP for the coveted attractions. When I was there in December we were able to snag and Anna and Elsa FP plus two Toy Story FP. When we were standing in line for rides to pass the time sometimes we would just play around with our MDE looking at FP options for the next couple of days. You never know what is going to pop up.

We have never been over to the Boardwalk area but I hear good things about it - street performers, good restaurants, etc. I'm thinking about checking it out this trip. How would we get there and back from Shades of Green? I guess we could go from Epcot after park closing some evening, but then how to get back to SOG? Would a Taxi be the best option at night? Just something on my list of things I've never done that I would like to!

mog,
It would be a round about way, but we have gone from the Boardwalk to Downtown Disney and then back to Shades of Green. We wanted to go to Downtown Disney for something. It would not be a fast direct route, but it would be a way to get back. The Shades of Green bus run very late from Downtown Disney, the last bus according to the current schedule from Downtown Disney is 12am.

mog,
It would be a round about way, but we have gone from the Boardwalk to Downtown Disney and then back to Shades of Green. We wanted to go to Downtown Disney for something. It would not be a fast direct route, but it would be a way to get back. The Shades of Green bus run very late from Downtown Disney, the last bus according to the current schedule from Downtown Disney is 12am.

This is what we would do. But keep in mind the bus stop locations. Shades new stop is behind Cirque so plan for the long walk or boat.

This is what we would do. But keep in mind the bus stop locations. Shades new stop is behind Cirque so plan for the long walk or boat.

Is this the only stop at DD? Or is there a stop at the other end where the other resort busses stop (out towards the make your own t-shirt shop)?

Also... Is there somewhere at Shades that I can print out an email?

Is this the only stop at DD? Or is there a stop at the other end where the other resort busses stop (out towards the make your own t-shirt shop)?

Also... Is there somewhere at Shades that I can print out an email?

Only the one bus stop. All Disney buses only have one stop by the t-shirt shop and Shades only has the one behind Cirque. If you aren't in a hurry you can take a boat between Cirque to a dock behind the t-shirt shop.

I don't know anything about printing :confused3

Only the one bus stop. All Disney buses only have one stop by the t-shirt shop and Shades only has the one behind Cirque. If you aren't in a hurry you can take a boat between Cirque to a dock behind the t-shirt shop.

I don't know anything about printing :confused3

Thanks!

Is this the only stop at DD? Or is there a stop at the other end where the other resort busses stop (out towards the make your own t-shirt shop)? Also... Is there somewhere at Shades that I can print out an email?

For printing there is a small business centre sponsored by Ratheon just past the Attraction Sales desk and the Made in the Shade gift shop.

I just checked out the pictures on trip advisor. I am not sure where that room is. We have been to shades of green at least 10 times we are heading there for our 4th time in less than two years in a couple of months and have been in both the magnolia and the palm wings and have always had a double the sinks with the toilet and tub separated from the sinks by a door. The pictures show the tub next to the sinks, perhaps that is a handicapped accessible room or one of the suites.

I could possibly be wrong about the wall, I am really not sure which side has it. It comes in handy to put things on but when we were there with my sister and her 2 sets of twins we had a lot more room with out it...lol... I went by which wing I thought we stayed at with the kids, but I really cant remember.

I don't remember where I read the post about Magnolia rooms being updated. They were updated in 2009 so you are right they probably wont be updating them any time soon. When we were there in August they were replacing all the door locks maybe that is what the post I read was talking about.

The Magnolia wing is the "older wing" but it was also recently (2009?) updated. Some new furniture, Tv's and fridges. There are many rooms in the Magnolia section that only have 1 sink (More than likely "poolside" rooms as they are ground level ,so ADA rooms). Not sure exactly where they all are.

Here's what I know for sure; the last 10 times that we have stayed at Shades we have requested rooms in corridor 220-239 or 320-339. They all have the double sinks; they have all have the partition in the room.
We specifically request these rooms because of the layout and they are the closest rooms to the HOT TUB. Checking in again this Monday. PM me if you need any more info.

PS; I haven't updated my ticker in a long time

At what point before your stay did you ask for specific rooms? Or did you ask when you got there? I think I'd prefer the double sink with a family of four if it's available.

At what point before your stay did you ask for specific rooms? Or did you ask when you got there? I think I'd prefer the double sink with a family of four if it's available.

I call and ask at the time I book. It will be a note on your reservation confirmation. And I point out the request at check-in. We've always gotten the location requested. I don't request a specific room.

Well that is the $25,000 question. I always ask when I make the reservation. They pretend that they are typing it in and listening. I'll call back a week later and ask if it's in the record. No? So I'll repeat my request. I'll call back a month later, still no record? 99% of the time when I check in, I get one of the rooms I want. Now, I do have to say that the corridor that I request is probably one of the most rarely requested on the property, so maybe it's by default?

We were very pleased at both the value and spacious room in the palm wing. Planning a weekend again soon.
As far as the food, we were very pleased with the omelette station, and variety of fresh fruit. We did the Wing special one night and to be honest I am not a wing person, but hubby was fine. There were other items I could choose so no problem for us. I'm glad to hear the pool renovation is completed. SOG is so relaxing for us and a great value. I even found a coveted Elsa doll for my granddaughter before Christmas at the Exchange Store. Totally unexpectedly and appreciated

I just wanted to say I am planning my first ever WDW trip in 2017 and I just read this entire thread about SoG. I am obviously in early planning stages, and so excited to have found out about SoG. Thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences, I love reading this.

IMG_0462.jpg

View off of our balcony, third floor Magnolia

IMG_0728.jpg

Sign we saw on our walk from SOG to Poly.......

IMG_0729.jpg

and the alligator we saw in the pond across the street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter