SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

So can we get the FP+ extra ones too??

Yes, my understanding is that anyone can get the extra FPP. The only difference between resort guests and non resort guests is the resort guests get to make their FPP selections 60 days out and others get to do it 30 days out

I posted this on the main board but no one answered. Has anyone used the Salute tickets so that you get 8 park days for one person?? If so how does that work with FP+ when you have two numbers to enter per person on the MDE page. We were thinking of getting 6 and using 2 per person and then buying an 8 day MYW discounted ticket for our daughter.

not in my my FP+ window yet but had no problems linking 2 vouchers each to our MDE account names.

I wanna say I saw someone had opened a second MDE account and was able to get FP+s for the subsequent voucher that way

We are staying at SOG for the first time in August! Just curious, if you are a DVC owner, why would you stay at SOG? Do you visit the parks more often than your DVC points allow? If so, that is an awesome "problem" to have!

Yes that is us...visit parks more than our DVC points allow. Plus we end up putting extra family in the room with us. If it was ONLY the five of us EVERY time we might be okay. *MIGHT* :rotfl2:

We didn't have access to SOG when we originally bought into DVC. Now that we do, it's a nice bonus. So far I am the only one who has stayed there. I took a solo trip without the family and stayed there a few days. Really liked it.

So we just planned a trip for 7 of us in September. I'm torn. Would definitely consider SOG if not for ONE thing: the pool renovation. Yes the other pool will be open...but not slide. looking forward to that renovated pool with slide.

Oooops...two things. The extra time to book our Fastpass+ reservations. 60 days vs 30 days might determine how many time we can ride the new 7DMC.

We have annual passes (vouchers...via DVC) so we got a decent rate on POR room. Haven't stayed there in LONG time and the kids have never been there. I think they might enjoy it plus it's not DVC so it would be one we wouldn't normally book. The 2Q plus extra bed looks pretty nice. My kids are still small so that extra little bed should work out well. :)

Yet...we want to do MNSSHP and having that proximity to Polynesian would be nice for that reason. :)

For now we have POR booked but will wait and see if I end up changing it over to SOG. :confused3

Yes that is us...visit parks more than our DVC points allow. Plus we end up putting extra family in the room with us. If it was ONLY the five of us EVERY time we might be okay. *MIGHT* :rotfl2:

We didn't have access to SOG when we originally bought into DVC. Now that we do, it's a nice bonus. So far I am the only one who has stayed there. I took a solo trip without the family and stayed there a few days. Really liked it.

So we just planned a trip for 7 of us in September. I'm torn. Would definitely consider SOG if not for ONE thing: the pool renovation. Yes the other pool will be open...but not slide. looking forward to that renovated pool with slide.

Oooops...two things. The extra time to book our Fastpass+ reservations. 60 days vs 30 days might determine how many time we can ride the new 7DMC.

We have annual passes (vouchers...via DVC) so we got a decent rate on POR room. Haven't stayed there in LONG time and the kids have never been there. I think they might enjoy it plus it's not DVC so it would be one we wouldn't normally book. The 2Q plus extra bed looks pretty nice. My kids are still small so that extra little bed should work out well. :)

Yet...we want to do MNSSHP and having that proximity to Polynesian would be nice for that reason. :)

For now we have POR booked but will wait and see if I end up changing it over to SOG. :confused3

I caved and cancelled or POFQ for SOG to go with our OKW days. The more i thought about it...the better deal is SOG. NOW....if I go in to make our FP+ times and I see that we are limited already at the 39 day mark.. I MIGHT RECAVE AND BOOK PORS OR POFQ. LOL

Hi edk35! I wondered if I could pick your brain a bit??? We often travel to Disney twice a year and have wondered about buying into DVC but couldn't figure out if it would benefit us being that we always use the military discount and would probably end up borrowing points. I would love to know your thoughts.
Thanks!!

Hi edk35! I wondered if I could pick your brain a bit??? We often travel to Disney twice a year and have wondered about buying into DVC but couldn't figure out if it would benefit us being that we always use the military discount and would probably end up borrowing points. I would love to know your thoughts.
Thanks!!

We have owned since Jan. 2007. We have made LOTS OF TRIPS SINCE THEN. You can look at my signature. LOL We have two contracts. We bought SSR originally then added on with WL points on the resale market. There are pros and cons for sure. You will always pay monthly dues/ or yearly if you elect to pay yearly. The monthly equal yearly ....no penalty to pay monthly. If you are ONLY going to stay in a studio....then maybe DVC is not for you. Personally I would ONLY book a studio if it was hubby and myself. The resorts are VERY VERY NICE. We love them. If you visit the DVC boards you an learn a lot about dvc. IF you will consistently go every year then it sounds like it might be a great investment. You can always borrow points from next year to go this year..have a longer trip or go three times depending on how many points you own. You can bank your points into next year if for some reason you can't go. We have definitely seen PRICES ACROSS THE BOARD go up for resorts and tickets....so keep that in mind. Your dues will go up a little each year but not like resort prices do. So with increased prices in parks/tickets...even if you own DVC...you are going to always be putting out a lot of money on these vacations. DISNEY IS NOT CHEAP regardless of whether you own dvc or not. :)

Does anyone KNOW how I am to get the form to fax in to order tickets????? I sent an email and sent them my reservation numbers...now I would like to order tickets.

SOG will send you an email with a link to a pdf file around 45 days before check in. We just got it yesterday and we're going Aug 24th-26th.

Does anyone KNOW how I am to get the form to fax in to order tickets????? I sent an email and sent them my reservation numbers...now I would like to order tickets.

SOG will send you an email with a link to a pdf file around 45 days before check in. We just got it yesterday and we're going Aug 24th-26th.

I emailed them and they said it went out yesterday but I didn't get it. They are sending me out one again manually. Did you fax in an order??

Not yet as hubby works the 3pm-11pm shift and ended up working overtime yesterday too so he slept all morning, so hopefully tomorrow :)

I emailed them and they said it went out yesterday but I didn't get it. They are sending me out one again manually. Did you fax in an order??

Wow that's really early! :scratchin We are checking in Aug 25, so not expecting the form until July 12-13. But if it arrives early I'll take it!

Resort pools aren't an issue for us, as we are usually in the parks open to close! Well caveat to that, when we go to DLR, we are in the parks open to close. We've only been to WDW one other time, and we were very surprised how quickly we visited all the main attractions in the parks by 3 pm...we were using the touring plans from Unofficial Guide though.

As for FPP, I don't think its going to be an issue for us since we are going the last week of August. According to Touring Plans, the crowd levels should be really low that week, and we may not even need FPP....of course I'm going to book them anyway :laughing:

We've been thinking about DVC for a few years, but I just don't think we visit enough to justify the expense. We only average about 1 trip a year to DLR, but there have been years we've gone more....decisions decisions :scratchin

Hi
We are staying at SOG in mid Nov. This will be our 5th time staying there and we just love it. My question is concerning the construction at the Poly, One of my favorite things about staying at SOG is being able to walk over to the Poly for the monarail or to have a drink on the beach :)
With all the construction will we still be able to do this.

Thanks!

Hi
We are staying at SOG in mid Nov. This will be our 5th time staying there and we just love it. My question is concerning the construction at the Poly, One of my favorite things about staying at SOG is being able to walk over to the Poly for the monarail or to have a drink on the beach :)

Thanks!

We might try that. If we do I'll let you know how it worked out!

Hi

Thanks!

We just stayed at SOG in May before a cruise and we will be back next week. The construction at the Poly does not affect the monorail nor the beach so you should be fine. We ate at O'Hana and watched the fireworks from the beach when we were there.

Have fun!

Has anyone eaten the breakfast buffet at SOG lately? We usually will eat there a couple of times. It was always reasonably priced compared to Disney resorts but the quality was not up to Disney par by any means but it was decent enough. How is it now? Price? Thanks

Has anyone eaten the breakfast buffet at SOG lately? We usually will eat there a couple of times. It was always reasonably priced compared to Disney resorts but the quality was not up to Disney par by any means but it was decent enough. How is it now? Price? Thanks

We usually go in the fall and get it free. Can't complain about that! ;) They have the omelet station where they will cook eggs to order, plenty of fruit and other options.

I'm not big on buffets so I don't like many of the options. I got an omelet each morning from the omelet bar and it was good. My husband and son liked the buffet options just fine.

I've come to join you all again. A friend and I will be staying at Shades from Dec 1-5 for a girls only trip, I'm so excited. I haven't stayed at Shades since April 2010.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter