The NEW 'Lets Help Each Other Whilst On The Atkins Plan' Thread

Hi everyone :wave:

Have not checked in with you guys for a while - so I thought I would just drop in and say "Hello!".

I am down another 2 lbs this week. I slightly modified my eating this last week - upped the fat percentage and lowered my protein intake just a bit. Seems to be working.

All in all - I have lost 12 lbs so far in 7 weeks. Averages out to 1.7 lbs per week. Actually it comes off in small spurts. 2 lbs one week, 1 lb the next etc.. but it has been happening! I have been really losing inches as well. My clothes are fitting very loose - almost time to go down a size - but I like things to fit loose so I am going to wait for another 5 lbs before going down a size. The best part though... is I love my food choices and I am not wildly out of control "hungry" anymore. What a huge difference that is for me.

I hope you are all doing well. I enjoy reading your posts - and it is nice to have a place to come here on the DIS for some help and support. :)

Down another 3 pounds - YEAH!

4 weeks till we sail - Would like to lose another 15 before we go but that is probably not realistic -

I'll take what ever as long as it's down.

Well... I have lost .....

(drum roll please)

15 POUNDS so far!!! Holy Cow!!! :earseek:

Feeling good and going strong. :) I love Low Carb eating. :)

It is going very slow for me -- BUT - I am headed in the right direction! Since 6/17/02 I'm down a total of 19 pounds! I feel so much better -- but haven't noticed any of the loss yet -- where has it gone? LOL
:D

9/26/02
247/228/139
5'2''

Okay... don't laugh... but I have found my...
HIP BONES!!! HURRAH!!!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I haven't been able to easily feel these in quite a while. :teeth:

Congratulations DixieDreamer!!! Your well on your way.

Today, I began Atkins..........again...........

My goal...........to wear something black and slimming for my friends Annual Christmas Party!!!

It will be three months on Atkins as of this Thursday. I have lost 27 pounds and about 5 inches all around.

It really is becoming a way of life, instead of a diet.

It is so wonderful to be wearing smaller clothes!!!!!!:D :D :D

Oh It definately is a way of life. I don't lose easy. The number of diet programs I have been on can attest to that. But since April I have lost 35 pounds.

As soon as I try to add back in a few Carbs I don't lose. I didn't gain but it didn't go down either.

At least it is an eating plan I can Live on. And I don't plan to blow it on the cruise either. It's taken too long to get this far to be stupid now.

I want to lose another 100 so it will take a while.

Encouragement to all. - We'll be happier in the end.

I also have to keep the carbs around 20 - 25 or I stall out, I can tell already.

Not a lot of Russell Stover candies for me!!!!:D :D :D

I try to stick to eggs, meat, cheese and salad. A few veggies in between. It's nor too hard so far.

We'll see what happens on the cruise. Its the little things like milk instead of cream that throw those extra carbs in there. They sneek up on you. Onions and condiments. Every thing adds a few carbs and 20 is actually a low number.

I have found that the biggest problem I have with carb creep is the little sweetener packets. Even with Splenda, you have to count each packet as one carb.

Sometimes I forget to count......:o

Wow you guys are doing GREAT! :earseek:

It certainly is a commitment to a way of eating ... not a diet. I really like what it is doing for me - and I know I can live this way comfortably. What more could you ask for?! :)

I just can't seem to get back into the diet thing..........my life is hectic now and I am putting on the lbs.

We are building a new house, just sold this one, trying to pack and trying to keep 3 DD's lives as normal as possible through this all. We move Nov. 21!!! Hopefully my house will be finished and I wonn't be homeless!!

I need to get motivated.........

It's great hearing you all succeed!! Good luck and keep up the good work.

Just got back from 4 day cruise and 4 days at Disney World. After 2 days on cruise I said 'I'm on vacation' set the 'diet' aside and ste the wonderful food available.
I did gain about 5 pounds but went right back on track when I got home and they're gone. Now we just pick up where we left off.
So I'm 35 pounds lighter with MORE to go. That would never have worked on any other diet.
Love Atkins.

mareka! You did awesome! I agree 100% that this is a way of eating that is a fit with "real life". So happy you had a great time... and then got right back on track when you returned. Guess you had your cake... and ate it too! LOL!

I am down 20.5 lbs as of this morning. I have been holding steady for two weeks (up and down the same pound)... but now seem to be starting on a downward trend again. Think my body just needed to catch up with me a bit. I feel great, love what I am eating... and I am not craving food all the time. Makes being patient through slow loss periods... pretty easy.

I know what you mean - Its the 'not craving' that makes this so easy to succeed on.

We just came back from McDonalds - On the $1.00 menu they have a hamburger with lettuce tomato onion pickle etc. Well If you you order it without the bun they put it in a box and give you a fork and knife. And You can get a small diet soda for $1.00.
WOW thats on diet and cheap too.

BAcon and eggs for breakfast - Steak and salad for dinner.

How can people not like this diet. All that and losing weight. Wow and when I exercise I lose more.

I still need to lose about 100 pounds but I'm confident for the first time in my life that I can do this.

Next trip to Disney is April - I'll be able to do a lot more walking by then. Won't be embarrassed to ride the rides. Some of them are kinda narrow with the seat belts.

I'm still here! The losing is slow --- but I continue in the right direction. I forget to check in here -- because I forget that I am on a 'diet'. Well -- that's the point! I am not on a diet anymore!!! This is just my new way of eating --- and it is fabulous! I feel better than I have in years.

Keep up the good work everyone!
:D

I read Glo's post on the CB -- what an inspiration she is!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=284189
:jester:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc I second the excitement over glo's post! :bounce: :Pinkbounc

She really looks wonderful!

Hi everyone....

it's been a while since I posted here, like wovenwonder says, it is easy to forget your on a diet with Atkins! It is becoming natural, I actually was holding 20 pounds of candy last night for the kiddies at work, and I never touched a bite of it!

I'm not real sure about the actual pounds lost now, cause I stopped getting on the scale every day. I have just bought my first pair of size 20 pants, and when I started I was wearing a very, very, tight 24.....

Keep up the good work!.......:D :D :D

Time for me to de-lurk.

You guys have been such an inspiration to me. I'm on day three of my induction. I'm still floundering, staying on track, but trying to figure out how to keep my household happy while I'm changing my eating habits. Today's Sunday, "pizza night". They're going to expect it.

Anyway, I'm on day 3. The little strip is pink. NONE of my clothes fit. I'm in a corner. I have to do this.

Please keep posting.

Cruella

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter