The new KFC Colonel

His Bill Clinton voice is coming through, and he does Clinton in a creepy voice too.

Ugh totally agree with him being creepy. I can't stand those commercials and they're all over hulu. At first I couldn't tell if they were trying to make the colonel look stupid... Now it's pretty clear though. I don't understand why that's good for the brand. It's like if Wendy suddenly acted emo or something.

I saw the commercial for the first time tonight and thought the same thing!

First time I saw it I thought it was a Popeye's commercial or some other rival poking fun at KFC. There are some marketing folks who need to be fired. Then again, we are talking about it. Maybe that's all they want.

We saw it last night too and I asked my husband why are the messing with the iconic Colonel.
Had no idea it was Darrel Hammond.
He's right up there with the Hamburglar. CREEPY

Yep. It's just weird. I don't even understand. Is it supposed to be funny and/or weird?

Didn't know it was Darrell Hammond until somebody mentioned it. But then again, I haven't watched SNL since Phil Hartman was murdered.

Last edited:
Is it the way he's acting that is creepy? I've only seen parts on youtube and I don't think he looks any creepier than the actual Colonel Sanders did.

Yes, I thought he was rather creepy .

I thought it ironic how I had to wait to skip a commercial to watch a commercial on Youtube!! :teeth:

Creepy? Maybe. I suppose he's a little... "I peek in your bathroom window-y." I just think it's making a mockery of their icon and it seems wrong and misguided. On a side note, I just googled it and, apparently, I'm not the only one who doesn't care for it.
Yes.

I get a heavy "Funny Uncle" vibe from him.
Gross.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter