Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen pictures of people enjoying the fireworks from Coronado. Can someone please elaborate of this? What's the best place to view? With 2 young kids, I don't know if they can hang that late in the parks, so seeing the fireworks from the resort would be a HUGE bonus!

Great view by the dig pool sidewalk next to cabanas 8A. Parking lot behind ranchos 7b area. Can't speak for casitas as we are never over that way. You'll find your best spot because hs is just down the road and they are loud. You can feel the fireworks from csr.

Great view by the dig pool sidewalk next to cabanas 8A. Parking lot behind ranchos 7b area. Can't speak for casitas as we are never over that way. You'll find your best spot because hs is just down the road and they are loud. You can feel the fireworks from csr.
Thanks for the info! Can you only see HS fireworks (no Epcot fireworks)? HS won't have fireworks during our trip, so I just wondered if we'd see any fireworks. Thanks!

I have another question - we've booked a water view room (I didn't really need the room, but it was the cheapest that was still available, we made our reservations kind of late). Anyway, I'm curious about where those are located. I'm sure there are some here and there throughout. I've stayed in the Casitas area before and would prefer to try either Ranchos or Cabanas this time for something different. Should I call the resort and request one of these sections?

Thanks for the info! Can you only see HS fireworks (no Epcot fireworks)? HS won't have fireworks during our trip, so I just wondered if we'd see any fireworks. Thanks!
We can't see Epcot fireworks. They don't shoot that high in the sky for you to see from csr.

Reactions: CJK
I have another question - we've booked a water view room (I didn't really need the room, but it was the cheapest that was still available, we made our reservations kind of late). Anyway, I'm curious about where those are located. I'm sure there are some here and there throughout. I've stayed in the Casitas area before and would prefer to try either Ranchos or Cabanas this time for something different. Should I call the resort and request one of these sections?
There's water view from all 3 sections. Just depends on what you want to be close to. Ranchos is great, close to main pool. Cabanas can be close to lobby or main pool depending on building.

I don't think they had paddle boats last time I was there (summer 2014). I also didn't see any sorry bikes though I could have just not noticed.

Has any one rented the paddle boats or surrey bikes? Do you recall the cost, and how long you get them for?
I'm assuming paddle boats are for 2 people, but are there bikes for 4?

Both are no longer available at CSR. I believe POR still has 4 man bike rentals.

I have read conflicting information on this. Is there 24 hour room service and what is available if so?

Confirming what Olaf said. Ends at 11pm. Pepper mill was open until 12 when we were there at Easter. hat time might be seasonal. The only thing late night is the Hess station or cruddy pizza delivery.

We just checked in yesterday for our first stay at CSR. The pool at Casitas is now covered and the building with the salon and gym is closed (DH is disappointed that he cannot use the gym during our stay).

I did recently read the gym is temporarly in the convention center. They have a room set up.

Keep in mind that a "Water View" room could mean a lot of things. When I stayed in Water View - they explained that it could possibly even mean that you only get a view of the corner of the pool. Doesn't necessarily mean you can see the lake. It could even be just a section of pool.

You only see the "view" when coming and going from your room anyway. Good luck!

You can also see the tall Wishes fireworks if you are on the path from El Centro towards Cabanas.

You can see the higher Epcot fireworks from the lagoon in front of Casitas 4. The best view is if you go up to the 4th floor of Casitas 4 and watch from the railing up there. You also get the same view of wishes if you go around to the parking lot side of the 4th floor of Casitas 4. We had a 14 night stay in a room up there Dec 2011 and enjoyed the fireworks from up there on the nights we were back at the resort at that time.

I don't really care about the view so much... I'm more curious about where they'd put us. I wouldn't have even bothered with the view at all, but for our dates (since we booked only about 3 months out) there were no standard rooms left.

I don't really care about the view so much... I'm more curious about where they'd put us. I wouldn't have even bothered with the view at all, but for our dates (since we booked only about 3 months out) there were no standard rooms left.

My logic is that the waterview eliminates just about all the areas of CSR that I would rather not be put in. Possible locations are Casitas 4 or 5 facing the lagoon, Cabanas 8A, 8B, and 9A facing the lagoon, Ranchos 7B by the quiet pool, and only a handful of other rooms in Ranchos. I'm ok with pretty much all the waterview rooms and have stayed in waterview in all 3 sections.

^^^ that's good to know. I sprung for a preferred room but the water view room is slightly cheaper and it's still available so I think I'm going to switch… Especially after finding out that the quiet pool in the preferred section is closed

We are staying mid November and have heard great things about this resort. Trying to decide if I want to check in online and request an area or just wait and be surprised.

We just got back from a great 3-night stay at CSR! We were in Cabanas 8B and really enjoyed the location. It was just a couple minutes walk from the Dig Site, so we went down to Siestas Cantina every morning to grab breakfast before the parks. Perfect and it was never busy at all. We also ate at Pepper Market for lunch one day and both really enjoyed our food (chicken tacos and a tuna salad sandwich). The portions was huge! We went for a late lunch (around 2pm) and there were just a few other families there, hardly any lines at all. The walk from El Centro to our room was a little longer, but not bad, especially since we had no reason to need to walk over there most of the time. If you are in Cabanas or Ranchos, I would definitely suggest breakfast by the pool. It seemed like most people were eating in El Centro, which really clogged up the bus stop at the front in the mornings. We used Bus Stop 4 and there were usually only a few other families there. The buses were never full when they got to our stop.

As many others have mentioned, bus service was great!! One morning we were walking down to the bus stop and saw an MK bus pull away just before we had a chance to run over. Well, another MK bus pulled up just 5 minutes later! Yay! In general, we always were able to get the bus we wanted in about 10 minutes. The longest wait we had was probably 15 minutes for a Typhoon Lagoon bus around 9am.

The room itself was very clean - we had no problems with housekeeping at all. The bathroom is definitely older, but I loved how the sink and shower areas are separated. Makes it much easier to get ready in the morning. The only thing I didn't like about our room was that, since it was facing a parking lot, there was a bit of noise at night. It sounded like maybe garbage trucks or maintenance? It was not ongoing, but it was enough to be annoying.

We had a super-fun first onsite Disney stay! Hope to be back soon :)

Great tip about breakfast at the pool - thanks! Sounds much easier than heading to El Centro. Do you happen to recall what the offerings were at the drink fountain at the pool? I'm on DP, will have a refillable mug, and trying to sort out my options. I've requested Cabanas, so would probably be quicker to head to Siesta's than to Pepper Market.

Hey there,
Can anyone explain to me how the dining works if you are on the dining plan. the main website says you are sat down then get a service charge.?
do you have to pay this separately??
many thanks from the UK
Wayne

Just returned home from Coronado 2 days ago, so thought I'd give you all a little rundown.

We stayed in a Business Class room, #9543, in Building 9B. We LOVED the Business Class, and the lounge it provided. Breakfast was basic, with cereal, bagels, danishes, etc. But, since we are not big breakfast eaters, this was perfect for us. Evenings saw cheese, chips, salsa, cookies, soda, beer and wine. The CM's in the lounge were super nice, and went out of their way to help my son, who has nut allergies, making sure that they were always stocked with the safe cookies/brownies that he can eat.

We ate in the Pepper Market a few times, and the only item I really did not enjoy was the flatbread pizza. The one I got was nearly cold, and I just did not care for the sauce. My Dh thought that, other than the coldness, it was OK. Everything else we had was good, though. Nachos were huge, and the cheesesteak was quite good. We also had some gelato from the Rix Cafe...yum!

Aside from one morning (around 9:30am), when my husband and son were waiting for a MK bus, transportation was great. They waited 30 minutes that morning, but other than that we waited no more than 10 minutes at any time. We also never had a standing-room-only bus, even heading for rope drop at MK (and we waited at Bus Stop #1!).

We all loved the pool. The slide is definitely the best of the moderate resorts, IMO. Although, I found that some of the lifeguards did not seem to be as "on the ball" as I've seen at other resorts in the past. Not all of them, but a few (there were a few outstanding ones, also).

If anybody has any questions, ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter