Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there from 4/17 - 4/25, and we saw lots of cheer groups, but had no issue with them at all. We only used the bus once, though. We mainly saw them in PM or at the main pool. They were as sweet as can be. Now the bridal party at the Dig Site was a slightly different story... ;)

That is ridiculous for deli food! I will say that CBR took a while too to check out, esp during busy times. POP is always NUTTY at certain times. Things like that they really need to work on, considering the mass amounts of people that are coming and going on a daily basis. Should not take that long to check out of anywhere :( I had issues with the Pop machines at POP and CBR when I went as well. I just thought it was because I'm a tiny weakling LOL.

I'm at CSR right now and thought I would share my thoughts so far

The resort is as beautiful as I remembered. The cast memebers have all been very friendly and helpful. I read many times that people find the CMs here to be cranky and unfriendly and I'm glad that I have found the opposite.

My one negative was the Pepper Market. The food was very good, once we got it. It shouldn't take 30 minutes to get 2 cold sandwiches. And then the pop machine is barely working. A CM explained that you had to push really hard to get it to work. And demonstrated by putting both hands on it and pushing with all her weight. We are here 5 more days but won't go back.

i was there 2 weeks ago and had the same complaints. service was So. Slow. at the Pepper market. And I had the same problem with the machines, between having to push the button hard and not placing the cup *exactly* in the circle below. What a PITA, seriously

Anyone with experience with an early evening arrival with luggage delivery? We fly into MCO next Saturday and our flight arrives at 7pm. I just got the updated yellow Mluggage tags today as we changed resorts last minute. Now I'm thinking of having them deliver the luggage after all.

Since MK is open until 2am for EMH we will be out late anyway. I'm just worried that it won't arrive by the time we return to our room. If it isn't there for some reason can we call bell services to have it delivered?
I have found it takes approx 3-4 hrs to get your bags
The last time we actually got in around 9 and our bags showed up like midnight. Be sure to tell them you want the bags that night so they do t think it's to late for you and hold them till morning

We were there from 4/17 - 4/25, and we saw lots of cheer groups, but had no issue with them at all. We only used the bus once, though. We mainly saw them in PM or at the main pool. They were as sweet as can be. Now the bridal party at the Dig Site was a slightly different story... ;)

strange, we were there the 15-22nd and I never saw a single cheerleader!

I have found it takes approx 3-4 hrs to get your bags
The last time we actually got in around 9 and our bags showed up like midnight. Be sure to tell them you want the bags that night so they do t think it's to late for you and hold them till morning

Thanks this is helpful!!

My one negative was the Pepper Market. The food was very good, once we got it. It shouldn't take 30 minutes to get 2 cold sandwiches. And then the pop machine is barely working. A CM explained that you had to push really hard to get it to work. And demonstrated by putting both hands on it and pushing with all her weight. We are here 5 more days but won't go back.

I feel the same way. I loved so many things about CSR, but I hated the Pepper Market. I would go to one station and get two meals for my kids, then go to another station for MY meal, and have to wait 10-15 minutes (while their meals were getting cold). I tried to do this another way, by ordering my meal first, and going to the other station and getting their's, but when I returned to the original station, the person working there had given my meal away, forcing me to wait again. My 3rd attempt was to order my food, order my kids' meals, and then pay and bring it to them, and go back for my food. But again, the server gave away my meal.

The food was good, but every time I went there, I was frustrated at the setup.

Last edited:
I feel the same way. I loved so many things about CSR, but I hated the Pepper Market. I would go to one station and get two meals for my kids, then go to another station for MY meal, and have to wait 10-15 minutes (while their meals were getting cold). I tried to do this another way, by ordering my meal first, and going to the other station and getting their's, but when I returned to the original station, the person working there had given my meal away, forcing me to wait again. My 3rd attempt was to order my food, order my kids' meals, and then pay and bring it to them, and go back for my food. But again, the server gave away my meal.

The food was good, but every time I went there, I was frustrated at the setup.

I had the same issue when we stayed at ASMo. I finally just decided we were all ordering from the same station. We didn't eat there a lot, but when you have 2 little kids, timing is everything when it comes to food.

I agree, with young kids it's the same issue at most food courts, but I found Pepper Market to be much slower than the others I've been to. My kids are getting older now so I was able to send them off to get their own food......but then they had to stand there and wait for me (or vice versa) anyways, so I could scan my MB and enter the pin code to pay. I agree in the future, we all order from the same station!

I stayed end March, my 3rd stay and had some issues which mean I will think twice about going back there again. It wa previously my favourite resort as it was disney but not in your face, has the amazing lake for a great walk and is in a good location on property.

My main issue was a conference of young (future/young) health professionals who arrived on our last full day. That evening they had a pool party, very loud....... And when I rang front desk after 11pm, it took 2 attempts to get it sorted out. When I checked out the next day (went to central area as they had not delivered/emailed my bill for the second year running), I talked to the cast Member about my issues and her uninterested response was 'well we are a. Conference hotel' which sort of misses the point :-(

I have since provided feedback to customer relations, particularly about the excellent cast members and service at AOA (value resort) and their response was very good. But the conference issue would make me think about staying here when conferences are young/teens/colleges are the conference and has taken the shine off this resort for me. I am going to go back to AOA next year.

I stayed end March, my 3rd stay and had some issues which mean I will think twice about going back there again. It wa previously my favourite resort as it was disney but not in your face, has the amazing lake for a great walk and is in a good location on property.

My main issue was a conference of young (future/young) health professionals who arrived on our last full day. That evening they had a pool party, very loud....... And when I rang front desk after 11pm, it took 2 attempts to get it sorted out. When I checked out the next day (went to central area as they had not delivered/emailed my bill for the second year running), I talked to the cast Member about my issues and her uninterested response was 'well we are a. Conference hotel' which sort of misses the point :-(

I have since provided feedback to customer relations, particularly about the excellent cast members and service at AOA (value resort) and their response was very good. But the conference issue would make me think about staying here when conferences are young/teens/colleges are the conference and has taken the shine off this resort for me. I am going to go back to AOA next year.
Just curious to know were they at the main pool?

I have found the service at the value food courts to be much quicker. Also as I am getting older I find having a preferred room location to be a necessity. The problem with that at CSR is that puts you st the last bus stop to get picked up.

Those two flaws mean I will be booking a value resort next time. The preferred room fee is much easier to swallow and you get great proximity to the bus stop.

The Pepper Market being "slow" is a give and take thing.

Because the food is "made to order" it is much fresher and IMO better than most of the other food courts at WDW. The draw back is it does in some cases take longer to get your food.

Personally, we love PM. It's one of the many reasons we stay at CSR time after time. We avoid main meal times when at WDW. We always eat after the lunch and dinner rush no matter where we are eating. It makes for a much more relaxing and enjoyable experience. There is typically little to no lines when we go so the wait is no problem and the food is excellent for a food court (It's not fine dining).

Never really been in a big hurry to eat at the resort. I'll take the fresh food and quality at PM over a value food court anyday.

Also as I am getting older I find having a preferred room location to be a necessity. The problem with that at CSR is that puts you st the last bus stop to get picked up.

Those two flaws mean I will be booking a value resort next time. The preferred room fee is much easier to swallow and you get great proximity to the bus stop.

I agree...we pay for some sort of a preffered location every vacation.

You actually found that using Bus stop 1 was an issue?

We stayed BC at CSR for 16 night this past Dec 10th-26th and 12 nights Dec 12th-24th 2013. That's 28 nights using stop 1 exclusively with not a single complaint about the bus service. And as you can see the tail end of those dates run into the busiest time of year. The great bus service is one of the reasons we always stay at CSR.

I will say that we don't do rope drop anymore, but catching a bus at stop 1 anytime from 10am to Midnight was never an issue and the Cabanas 9B building is the closest your room can be to a bus stop on WDW property. Hard to beat that!

I agree...we pay for some sort of a preffered location every vacation.

You actually found that using Bus stop 1 was an issue?

We stayed BC at CSR for 16 night this past Dec 10th-26th and 12 nights Dec 12th-24th 2013. That's 28 nights using stop 1 exclusively with not a single complaint about the bus service. And as you can see the tail end of those dates run into the busiest time of year. The great bus service is one of the reasons we always stay at CSR.

I will say that we don't do rope drop anymore, but catching a bus at stop 1 anytime from 10am to Midnight was never an issue and the Cabanas 9B building is the closest your room can be to a bus stop on WDW property. Hard to beat that!

I agree with both your posts saskdw. We also prefer to eat anywhere, including the PM, at slightly off-times and have never had an issue. We also love the fresh, nice selection there. We've had better meals at PM than at some of the QS places in deluxe resorts. This is just our opinion/experience though, I'm sure every place has a hit or miss chance. In addition to that, we also LOVED the bus stop convenience from the Cabanas 9B building and we are rope drop people. The only one time we had an issue was on a Saturday rope drop morning to MK which is that park's busiest day of the week. That morning we ended up walking to the previous bus stop beside us (I think stop #4?) All other mornings we hardly had a wait to rope drop any of the parks.

Hi,

We are considering staying at CSR next year. Just read some posts regarding the service & speed at the Pepper Market.

We previously stayed at POFQ, were they had 4 stations, each serving a number of different meals. They made it up for you there & then when you ordered (if it was going to take longer they gave you a pager to come back to collect when ready).

Does the Pepper Market operate in the same way, but on a bigger scale?

Sometimes, they make it fresh (i.e. burgers), but sometimes, the food is already cooked, and just being kept warm (i.e. chicken fingers).
No pagers at all. They give you a slip of paper with a number on it, and then the server will call your number, but if you're not at that station, you won't hear it. I believe it's also 4 stations, so I'm not sure if I'd consider it bigger.

Like I said, I don't mind waiting for my food. It's just not a good setup when you're trying to get food for your little kids.

The last time I stated at CSR (2012 I think) Pepper Market was a buffet. That's no longer the case? It sounds like you pay per item or meal now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter