Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We prefer to deal with a live person instead of a computer. Have been going for many years now and that's how it has worked for us.

That's great! And I'm not trying to sway you into doing online check in. I'm just making sure you, and anyone reading this, knows that you don't have to forgo online check in to get your requests met. That's all.

So excited to be returning to our favorite moderate resort in November!!! We booked business class with FD! Will be traveling with an infant so given the close proximity that the BC rooms offered in Cabanas 9B it was a no brainier for us to book it! Can't wait!
Us too, but for October! I had no intention of booking the FD promo because I have a conference at CSR with a room discount. However, I wanted BC for location, room amenities, and morning/evening snacks, and I won't know until June if I can use my rate on BC rooms or if that rate will extend for the full length of stay. Figured I better book while I had the chance!

Can any CSR experts explain to me why a standard king room costs more than a preferred king room on weekdays in October? (Possibly other times too, but I am only looking at that time frame). I nearly switched today when standard king popped up until I noticed the price discrepancy. Thanks!

I have wondered this too. There's no difference between the rooms that I can tell so why is one supposedly better than the other.

All rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to arrival whether you do online check in or not. So no rushing involved. And you can select that you prefer your requests get met over room being ready.
That's not true. Rooms are assigned at CSR as much as 30 days out with the new system they have. Faxes are accepted 9 days prior to arrival.

I still don't see why fd is so exciting as it never saves us money and I don't see how it really can unless you have deluxe but I'm happy for everyone booking who feels its worth it
We are a party of 3 and its saved us $900
If we took the 25% off, it would've saved us about $200.
Free dining is best for Moderates and families of 3 or more.

Same here we figured with a 20% RO, discount UT tickets and only a few TS, with CS for the rest, and then with free dining. Free dining trip was $700 cheaper and we get all those meals. That was with 2 rooms too.

We also feel that TS meals are part of the vacation exprerience and we would eat them regardless of if we had the FD or not.

We are a party of 4 (2 adults, 2 children), and it saved us $900ish as well. We were already going to have PH tickets and had decided to pay for the Dining Plan because with an 8 & 4 year-old, we wanted to do several character meals. So it's a no-brainer discount for us. RO wouldn't have been anywhere close. I do understand that in certain circumstances, the RO discount is a better deal - just not for us.

I am also GF and I'm hoping there are a lot of options at CSR for breakfast. I'd hate to have eggs every morning!!

I'm at CSR right now and thought I would share my thoughts so far

The resort is as beautiful as I remembered. The cast memebers have all been very friendly and helpful. I read many times that people find the CMs here to be cranky and unfriendly and I'm glad that I have found the opposite.

My one negative was the Pepper Market. The food was very good, once we got it. It shouldn't take 30 minutes to get 2 cold sandwiches. And then the pop machine is barely working. A CM explained that you had to push really hard to get it to work. And demonstrated by putting both hands on it and pushing with all her weight. We are here 5 more days but won't go back.

We are staying next weekend for the first time. We've stayed at all Values, CBR, POR, WL, AKL, CR, and Poly. There was a $20 difference between ASMo and CSR, with prices at $143 a night, definitely worth a try. We've been to lunch there several times. Its to celebrate my daughter's new job, she graduates from training next Friday. Not to mention Mothers day. At AllStars we typically do online check in and when we were there in March we bypassed the lobby but since we've never stayed at CSR we will definitely check in at the lobby though I did online check in. Is Cabanas a good sections, we prefer to drive to the parks....any helpful tips?

Did anyone stay Tues April 21-Tuesday April 28? I am curious to know if the place was mobbed with cheer and dance teams and if they overtook buses, pool and quick service? We'd like to try here the same week next year but do not want to be among herds of teen groups.
We were there 4/21-4/27 and yes there were several groups there that week. Although we did see them around a bit, they were usually at bus stop #1 and a separate bus had to be called twice for them. Also once night the quiet pool was VERY loud but it wasn't too late, so not much of a problem.

Anyone with experience with an early evening arrival with luggage delivery? We fly into MCO next Saturday and our flight arrives at 7pm. I just got the updated yellow Mluggage tags today as we changed resorts last minute. Now I'm thinking of having them deliver the luggage after all.

Since MK is open until 2am for EMH we will be out late anyway. I'm just worried that it won't arrive by the time we return to our room. If it isn't there for some reason can we call bell services to have it delivered?

There are several cheer groups here this week too. And the parks are full of different cheer and tour groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter