Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 questions...

1. Can someone please direct me to an explanation of the current Pepper Market set-up/procedure. So many sites are contradictory..

It is the same as any of the resort food courts.

I just went to call and realized I don't know where to call for room request! lol! Do I call Disney ressie or Coronado itself?

Just call the regular reservation line.

Hi... We will be staying here at the end of May :love:. I have two questions:

1. We are planning on washing clothes mid-way of our trip. What building is closest to the laundry facilities? Also are the washers HE and must I have change to operate them?

2. We are planning on going to both Water Parks this trip. I know you can rent beach towels at the park but was wondering if CSR has beach towels we could take to the water parks? If not... I guess we should plan on packing some???

THANK YOU!!!:worship:

Hi... We will be staying here at the end of May :love:. I have two questions:

1. We are planning on washing clothes mid-way of our trip. What building is closest to the laundry facilities? Also are the washers HE and must I have change to operate them?

2. We are planning on going to both Water Parks this trip. I know you can rent beach towels at the park but was wondering if CSR has beach towels we could take to the water parks? If not... I guess we should plan on packing some???

THANK YOU!!!:worship:

1. The laundries are inside the pool buildings at each of the quiet pools. They are not HE and require quarters for both washers and driers ($2 each per load).

2. Pool towels are available at the main pool during pool hours. I don't think they want them taken off property, but I'm not sure how they would react to someone walking off with a stack of them.

2 questions...

1. Can someone please direct me to an explanation of the current Pepper Market set-up/procedure. So many sites are contradictory.
It's just like any other food court, now. Grab your tray, go to whatever station you want food from (there are 4 + the dessert area) order your meal, get your meal, get a dessert or bottled beverage if you wish, pay at cashier which is right by the food stations, then find a table/ fill your refillable mug if you have one and eat. :)
The only noticeable differences to me were (comparing to Everything Pop): some of the grab 'n' go type stuff is in nearby Cafe Rix instead of in Pepper Market, more food is cooked to order so you may have to wait a little longer for your food and the food area is much more compact than the value resort food courts.

2. Are there changing rooms and showers near the main pool, that we can use before our room is ready, or after check-out? (We arrive early and depart very late... would like to use the pool both those days).

I have a question about the CSR restaurants. We will be staying here in October and I have been looking at the different restaurant menus (my 180 day window is coming up next month) and the Maya Grill and Las Ventanas restaurants look interesting, especially the Maya Grill. Has anyone eaten at these restaurants before? If so how did you like it? I am more interested in Maya Grill for dinner but possibly doing Las Ventanas for a breakfast one day. What are your thoughts? Thank you for the help.

I know someone already replied to this but wanted to give another thumbs up to Maya Grill :thumbsup2 We stayed at CSR last Aug. and had dinner there, ended up being our favorite meal of the trip! We enjoyed it so much, especially DS9, that we're going over from BWV in Nov. to eat there again.

I know someone already replied to this but wanted to give another thumbs up to Maya Grill :thumbsup2 We stayed at CSR last Aug. and had dinner there, ended up being our favorite meal of the trip! We enjoyed it so much, especially DS9, that we're going over from BWV in Nov. to eat there again.

Thank you for your reply, you guys are making me very excited about trying this restaurant out. As I was looking at the menu items, I can tell it is going to be a place that my whole family will enjoy :goodvibes. It's funny, I really haven't seen too many people comment on this restaurant on the restaurant board, is it safe to say that this is one of Disney's hidden gems? We decided that this will be our arrival day dinner since we plan on not going to the parks that day, instead we want to hang out by the pool and just enjoy the resort. This will be a great way to start off our trip :goodvibes.

Thank you for your reply, you guys are making me very excited about trying this restaurant out. As I was looking at the menu items, I can tell it is going to be a place that my whole family will enjoy :goodvibes. It's funny, I really haven't seen too many people comment on this restaurant on the restaurant board, is it safe to say that this is one of Disney's hidden gems? We decided that this will be our arrival day dinner since we plan on not going to the parks that day, instead we want to hang out by the pool and just enjoy the resort. This will be a great way to start off our trip :goodvibes.

I think it would qualify as a "hidden gem"! I just don't think many people make a special trip to a mod to eat, which is probably why it doesn't get much attention on the boards. I would guess the majority of folks who eat there are staying at CSR. Same goes for Boatwrights (POR TS) which we tried during a stay at POFQ and enjoyed. Restaurants at deluxes, especially at monorail resorts or EPCOT resorts, are easy to get to from parks and some have characters so they get more visits from guests not necessarily staying at those resorts.
We also did Maya Grill on our arrival night, totally unplanned. Walked in at 6:30 with no ADR and were seated right away :) It was somewhat crowded by the time we left but there were still tables available. Enjoy!

We have the same plan. We are starting our stay we a pool day followed by dinner at Maya Grill.

According to buzz's site, CSR just got all new washers/dryers that text you when they are done.
That's cool I guess
I was actually going to ask if anyone knows approx how long the washer/dryer runs?
Trying to plan if I should do wash or just bring more clothes

Hi! Hope this is the right place to post. We have reservations at CSR in July, preferred. Connecting rooms is our highest priority and I did note that upon reserving. I will check it when we do online check in too. My question is, are there connecting rooms in the preferred buildings? (Casitas 1,2,3)? I was at a touring plans site where they have views and info for each room, and clicked around on many of the rooms in Casitas 1-3 and all of them said "Connecting: No"

If this is true, then I will downgrade to a standard room, we'd rather have connecting than the preferred location (I think...) Or should I just call Disney reservations and ask? Will they have that kind of detailed room info?

Thanks!

Hi! Hope this is the right place to post. We have reservations at CSR in July, preferred. Connecting rooms is our highest priority and I did note that upon reserving. I will check it when we do online check in too. My question is, are there connecting rooms in the preferred buildings? (Casitas 1,2,3)? I was at a touring plans site where they have views and info for each room, and clicked around on many of the rooms in Casitas 1-3 and all of them said "Connecting: No"

If this is true, then I will downgrade to a standard room, we'd rather have connecting than the preferred location (I think...) Or should I just call Disney reservations and ask? Will they have that kind of detailed room info?

Thanks!

Every building has some connecting rooms. I have found that the Touring Plans room finder tool is very inaccurate. To the point that I don't use it or recommend it any longer.

Every building has some connecting rooms. I have found that the Touring Plans room finder tool is very inaccurate. To the point that I don't use it or recommend it any longer.
I was looking at the room finder the other day just for ideas of views from BC - what is inaccurate about it that prevents recommendation?

I was looking at the room finder the other day just for ideas of views from BC - what is inaccurate about it that prevents recommendation?

Some of the issues I have found, these are across multiple resorts not just CSR.

It will say an entire building has no King rooms when there are 6 of them per floor of said building.
It will say there are no connecting rooms in a building when there are 8 per floor.
It will say there are 24 rooms with a Murphy bed in a building when there are only 8.
It will say there are no bunk bed rooms in an area when there are multiple.
Two rooms that face opposite directions will have the same exact picture for the view.
It will show no rooms with daybeds when multiple rooms have them.
The suggested wording of the request will get you almost the exact opposite of what you would want.

That's cool I guess
I was actually going to ask if anyone knows approx how long the washer/dryer runs?
Trying to plan if I should do wash or just bring more clothes

Lots of cool stuff posted on April 1st... ;) I wouldn't count on getting a text from the washing machine.

That said, I'm curious to know how long they run as well. Anyone?

Lots of cool stuff posted on April 1st... ;) I wouldn't count on getting a text from the washing machine.

That said, I'm curious to know how long they run as well. Anyone?
That info was actually out before April 1st so likely not a joke . . . Though if someone is going soon and would post a review and photo, that would be fabulous. I normally avoid laundry on vacation, but we cloth diaper and will need 2 washes over a 7-day trip.

That info was actually out before April 1st so likely not a joke . . . Though if someone is going soon and would post a review and photo, that would be fabulous. I normally avoid laundry on vacation, but we cloth diaper and will need 2 washes over a 7-day trip.

Well, we'll be down in on the 23rd, and we'll need to do laundry, so I'll be sure to check it out and report back! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter