Disney's CORONADO SPRINGS RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just confirming here - I saw on page 94 that the Pepper Market is now set up like the other moderate food courts. Is this still the case where we can find our own seat, fill our own drinks and no added gratuity?

Different question - if I booked a jr suite can I request the one in 9b? Is there another in the cabanas? The food court set up was a deterrent to me but if it's what we're used to, then the lounge isn't as big of a deal, though cabanas still seem like an awesome option.

TIA :-)
Looks like we both are into the junior suites. I plan on calling about avail. In the BC cabanas and for how much. My mom needs to be closer to the pools, she is slow and gets tired.

Looks like we both are into the junior suites. I plan on calling about avail. In the BC cabanas and for how much. My mom needs to be closer to the pools, she is slow and gets tired.

Oh how nice it'd be if there were more jr suites in cabanas!

At the business club lounge in the morning do they have diet coke out? Can you ask for some if it's not out? TIA!

At the business club lounge in the morning do they have diet coke out? Can you ask for some if it's not out? TIA!

They didn't have any soda out in the morning when we were there last month but we did ask for some and they did get it for us.

OK there are two reasons for this post. First I'm a mere 48 hours away from being in Florida, and even though the Colts lost yesterday, I'm simply in a good mood and getting excited. No one better than Dis'ers to share the joy with. :cool1:

Here's the tip: We booked two rooms at CSR but under different reservations. I put a call into CSR to request that the two rooms at least be near each other. The CM was helpful, and friendly and took note of my request. It's better to do this a few days out rather than when you get to the Resort. There's no facility for this type of request on the on-line check in form. Numbers for the resort are: Phone: 407-939-1000 Fax: 407-939-1001. Some people recommend a fax rather than a phone call.

I'll let y'all know how this goes. Our last trip to WDW was at POR and we did the on-line check in. Low and behold, our room was ready for us when we arrived in the morning. I'm not expecting this but that would be kinda cool.

SkywayGuy

We got to the resort around 9:30 AM or so, and check in went very smoothly. I had done on-line check in. Our Magic Bands worked perfectly the entire trip, and I must say they were very convenient for making purchases and getting into the parks, and using Fast Past +. Our rooms were indeed ready when we got there and it made it wonderful to be able to drop off our luggage and get settled before heading off to the Magic Kingdom for the day. We even had adjoining rooms with a connected door - very nice. And we had a spectacular view of the lake.

We enjoyed CSR very much, and our stay here was more enjoyable than POR a year and a half ago. It was just a quick one night stay, with two park days but we had a lot of fun.

What a great trip!

^Hello, fellow Hoosier! that was such a bad loss, wasn't it?

We are arriving late at night - would you all suggest online check-in, or NOT doing online check-in? We hope to arrive between 10-11 pm. We will be driving from Pensacola after a day at the Naval Air Museum. It closes at 5, so that will be the latest we hit the road, but WDW is still an estimated 6.5-7 hours from there, according to Google Maps. We will probably try to steal away at 2-3, but not sure if we'll be able to make ourselves - we all love naval aircraft... especially WWII era. And we still have to stop for dinner.

So, I guess I'm unsure that with such a late arrival, if we don't do on-line check in, might we get stuck with a room that's in a less than desirable location? If we do online check-in, can I request a room area? (say, specific buildings?)

TIA!

I'm just now seeing this, just got back!

I'd recommend on-line check in. We've used it twice. It does seem to speed things at the Resort. We used it this time and everything went picture perfect: magic bands worked, tickets were associated with them (and they had been purchased separately from the room), and our credit card was associated with them as well. Our room was ready to go early when we got there.

Hope you're having fun!

ok I will be there april 29 to may 1. we are in a standard room what area should I request to be close to the main lobby stuff and the dig site pool? hubby doesn't like to walk much. thank you!

I called and no junior suites that fit 6 in the cabanas. CM only saw 2 but with king bed but wasnt sure?? But certain no rooms with queens and sofa. King suite has max 4 people

Just worried casitas too far to dig site. My mom is slow. And a 15 min walk in sept heat wouldnt be great. As we tend to go back and forth

I called and no junior suites that fit 6 in the cabanas. CM only saw 2 but with king bed but wasnt sure?? But certain no rooms with queens and sofa. King suite has max 4 people

Just worried casitas too far to dig site. My mom is slow. And a 15 min walk in sept heat wouldnt be great. As we tend to go back and forth

There is a quiet pool you'll pass along the way. Maybe stop there in between the walk to and from to cool off?

yes, the pepper market is now set up like the other moderate food courts.

But is the food any better than it was a year ago? It took a serious nosedive between my first stay at CSR 9 years ago and last year. The serving area was small, dark, poorly-ventilated, and generally lacked variety (in addition to everything being pretty greasy...even the salad). By comparison, CBR's food court was brightly lit, good amount of variety, and generally only the food that was meant to be greasy was greasy. Even POP's food court was heads above Pepper Market. At breakfast, since the PM didn't have coolers, you had to wait in line to get juice or milk poured into a styrofoam cup by a CM instead of being able to select one out of a cooler. That wasn't like the other moderate food courts.

Appears part of the issue is space, so unless Disney knocked-down some walls, or took some space away from the eating area, there's not much hope in it ever achieving the level of the other moderates in either quality or variety.

But is the food any better than it was a year ago? It took a serious nosedive between my first stay at CSR 9 years ago and last year. The serving area was small, dark, poorly-ventilated, and generally lacked variety (in addition to everything being pretty greasy...even the salad). By comparison, CBR's food court was brightly lit, good amount of variety, and generally only the food that was meant to be greasy was greasy. Even POP's food court was heads above Pepper Market. At breakfast, since the PM didn't have coolers, you had to wait in line to get juice or milk poured into a styrofoam cup by a CM instead of being able to select one out of a cooler. That wasn't like the other moderate food courts.

Appears part of the issue is space, so unless Disney knocked-down some walls, or took some space away from the eating area, there's not much hope in it ever achieving the level of the other moderates in either quality or variety.

There are coolers with juice and milk. I don't remember everything there was, but over the course of the week (in December) we did get bottled orange juice, grapefruit juice, fruit punch and water and DS also got SILK very vanilla milk boxes. There is not any bottled soda in the Pepper Market.
The CM's at the Pepper Market were very friendly. We had a few meals there and all was good. We tried: burgers, create your own salad, empanadas?, omelets and Mickey waffles to name a few. I haven't stayed at CBR, but the food was just as good as POR, POP, and the 3 All-Stars, though the selection is smaller.
There are now electronic boards above each station which makes it easier to decide what you want.
The seating was plentiful (with a full resort).
One drawback for me, was the lack of grab n go items at Pepper Market. You have to go to Cafe Rix for that. My kids were all old enough to get their own food and pay for it with magic bands. But, for a family with young kids it could be a bit of a pain if, say, one kid wanted a bagel and another wanted waffles.

Thanks, SmallWorld.

Up until a bit ago, all the coolers (and desserts) were in a small separate "mini-mart" area outside the main seating of the Market and you had to check-out to get to whatever that shoppette area was called. Inbetween the two was the entrance/seating area for Rix Lounge (I believe).

Wonder if they expanded the Pepper Market to incorporate that whole area and moved the checkout kiosks since I was there? Would be interested to see what the layout of the main building is these days.

Cheers!

Thanks, SmallWorld.

Up until a bit ago, all the coolers (and desserts) were in a small separate "mini-mart" area outside the main seating of the Market and you had to check-out to get to whatever that shoppette area was called. Inbetween the two was the entrance/seating area for Rix Lounge (I believe).

Wonder if they expanded the Pepper Market to incorporate that whole area and moved the checkout kiosks since I was there? Would be interested to see what the layout of the main building is these days.

Cheers!

What a pain that must have been!
The check-out registers are now right by where you get the food.
There is a dessert station inside, serving primarily cakes and cookies. (The red velvet cake was delicious!) You can also get vanilla and chocolate soft serve w/ some toppings. (Self-serve) I did really miss the fruit cup options that are available in other food courts for dessert. I usually prefer to get that over the true desserts.

Thanks, SmallWorld.

Cheers!

Are you thinking of La Tienda, that was outside the PM entrance?

Are you thinking of La Tienda, that was outside the PM entrance?

That must have been it...it did have some really good desserts/baked goods, as well as custard/ice cream (that you could get on the DDP), but seemed disjointed from PM to be practical. I did like that it was open when the PM wasn't so you always could get a refill or dessert late at night, but thought PM itself was a let down after spending a week at CBR and its food court with separate stations.

Have they changed the layout this past year? Or just updated the serving area to be a little cleaner/brighter/more open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter