The NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (Feb 2008)

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by triplefigs, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJM1976

TJM1976 DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you had a great trip!!! I'm considering the CR for this summer when friends are in town.

Sorry to hear about your un-magical expierence with the cleaning of your room. I stayed at CSR a while back and the room was well below average clean. I have surfed though several of the resort boards and other trip reports and the past 6 months, alot of them have said their rooms weren't clean. What I suggest (and I did with my CSR stay) is visit the WDW web site and click contact us and send them an email. I asked for no compensation other than an acklowdgement of my complaint. If mgmt is aware of the issue, maybe they will do something about it. A WDW resort stay isn't cheap. And the room should be clean. Just my 2 cents :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. ShelsGoingToDisney

ShelsGoingToDisney DIS Veteran

There was a place to hook up your own computer but there weren't computers provided. HTH!

4. ShelsGoingToDisney

I have emailed my TA to ask for contact info regarding the bug and housekeeping. Like you I expect no compensation but I do want to make them aware.

5. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

Actually, about half the rooms at Poly are larger than CR's rooms, so it's possible that your Poly room was larger (although I agree about CR's room layout - the rooms are pretty but don't feel as spacious).

6. TJM1976

TJM1976 DIS Veteran

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/contact/

Here is the link to Guest Relations. It does take a while for them to send you a response or contact you (possibly up to 2 weeks). So be patient. :surfweb:

7. Sleeping Becca

Sleeping Becca <font color=green>It went to Looneyland, by way of

Please please please let them know about the bed bugs, that is a really serious problem. They are almost impossible to get rid of and as you noticed they will live forever. Make sure to take a pic of the bug so that they can see it.

Yikes! I'm so glad to hear your family did not get bitten.

8. disneytriplets

disneytriplets Mouseketeer

Please let them know about the bugs!!! We are staying in the Garden Wing in September and we would rather not have bed bugs! :headache: :scared: :eek: Thank you!

9. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

CR Resort Fan 4 Life DIS Veteran

Thank you for posting that honest review.

10. ShelsGoingToDisney

RE: bed bugs I did put together a letter to send to Disney Guest Communications today and faxed a copy to the Contemporary resort. I also included pictures of the bug and the bites that are appearing on my neck. I didn't do the email option because I couldn't attach any pictures that way. I'll update if I get a response.

The bug is still thriving in the ziploc. There are also lots of what looks like grains of salt in the bag now too. Research tells me that those are eggs. It would be fascinating if it wasn't so gross!

11. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

:thanks:!!!!! for notifying management about the bed bugs:eek:

In '07 I had to send Disney Guest Relations an e-mail regarding a terrible, 2-hour long, check-out accounting fiasco we experienced with a manager at the CR. They followed-up with a thoughtful letter of apology and call from Guest Relations, a call from a senior manager at the CR, a gift card, and personalized service prior to our next visit. I am confident that your notifying Disney of your horrific bed bug experience will illicit a productive and timely response and that will make all of our future stays better:thumbsup2. Please keep us posted, and if you don't like the response you receive, move up the Disney food chain;).

12. kmdintx

kmdintx Earning My Ears

Anybody know what kind of breakfast items I can get for a snack credit at Contempo?

13. islandbound1day

islandbound1day Mouseketeer

I just returned home from our first on site Disney stay. We stayed at the Contemporary. We had a Magic Kingdom Tower View on the 11th floor in room 4747. It was wonderful. I have to admit that I am VERY PICKY about hotels and do tend to nit pick about things but the CR was great. We had no sign of bed bugs in our room (thank goodness) and I loved the decor. I travel often and found the decor even better than some high end hotels that I have stayed in on business. My main concern with booking the Contemporary was the fear of noise. I am a very light sleeper and I asked many questions about the noise issue on this board and received mixed opinions. I experienced NO OUTSIDE NOISE at all. I was thrilled! The rooms were sound proof and I could not have been more pleased. My 10 year old was thoroughly pleased with the pool and the arcade and did not want to leave. We could have stayed at any of the deluxes but I chose the Contemporary and I was very happy with my decision. I gave my son the choice on where to stay next and figured he might want to try the Poly or Grand Floridian but he say he wants to go back to the Contemporary. That says a lot since he thinks the pool and slide are really awesome at the Poly but really loved the CR.

There were only a couple of negatives that I experienced. The first is the bus transportation to Downtown Disney on Saturday 3/28. The bus took over an hour to arrive and I had to go to the desk to get assistance in order to even get the bus there. I was meeting my parents there who were driving over from Jacksonville and my son had not seen them since Christmas so he was anxious to get to Downtown. Once on the bus it was another 30 minutes so that experience was painful. The other negative is the Contempo Cafe. I feel like they need more selections and specifically the desserts. They are the same everyday and those cupcakes looked awesome but after the first couple of days, I wanted something different. Overall the food at the Contemp was tastey. My son loved the french toast and I think the waffles were excellent.

I hope quick Contemporary review helps future travelers.

14. ShelsGoingToDisney

I am glad you were bed bug free! LOL! We also commented on how quiet the resort was. We stayed in the garden wing so I wasn't really worried about noise but we hearn no one. Really felt like we were the only people there until we went to a public area.

My kids agree about the pool. It wasn't crowded at all which was nice! The time we did try the Poly pool the line for the slide was 20 minutes long and that was in January!:scared1: The pool itself was crowded too. It was nice and relaxed at the CR.

We took the bus to HS and it arrived pretty quick for us but there were a ton of people waiting when we arrived and I overheard many complaining that they'd been waiting a long time for that bus. Other bus we took was to Blizzard Beach to play the Winter Summerland golf and it was quick. Never tried DTD.

15. DonaldDoleWhip

DonaldDoleWhip DIS Veteran

Thanks for your awesome review - glad that you enjoyed CR for the most part.

We were in room 4747 once - it's the BEST non-concierge room at the hotel! Highest regular floor, far from Chef Mickey's, and closest room to MK with beds facing the castle (in room 4748, the beds face the other way, so 4747 is better for that reason).

16. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

Thank you for posting that great review.

17. mom2aredhead

mom2aredhead DIS Veteran

For the buses, we found it to be a bit easier to walk over to MK and catch one of the buses there. Depending on where we were going it was direct vs. stopping at Poly and GF first, and I found they came a bit more frequently.

18. Bricket

Bricket Mouseketeer

Yes, thank you very, very, very much. Because I assure ALL OF YOU, Mr. Walt Disney (God rest his soul) included, if my son is bitten by a bed bug or anything that looks like one while staying at any DW Resort that I will be throwing a big, honkin' fit, everyone will know about it and IT WON'T BE PRETTY.

And that is a promise.

Get rid of your bugs CR...not cool.

19. Bricket

Bricket Mouseketeer

Ok, so I read that the pathway to the MK has been found to be confusing to guests lately. Something about sections being fenced off and "detours" having to be taken. Is this still going on?

Also, can CR guests still use pools at Poly? And isn't there another neighboring resort's pool CR guests can use?

20. CR Resort Fan 4 Life

Since the Contemporary pool has re-open I doubt they can use the pool at the Polynesian. Also there is no other pool not located there that they can not use.

21. Bricket

Bricket Mouseketeer

Cool, thanks.

So no more using Poly or FWL pools now.

I figured as long as there were fences up, work was being done and guests could use neighboring hotels' pools. And you're saying no...only CR pools now, refurbishing or whatever they were doing is now over?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.