• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming to CBR in just under 3 weeks. Does anyone know how long the bridge refurb is expected to take? We normally ask to stay in Aruba but if the bridge will still be out then, I will ask for somewhere else. Thanks.

Most of the info I've seen here has the bridge construction going until November and even December. So yeah, in 3 weeks it will still be closed. We're planning on it being closed for our Nov trip.

We just got back from CBR last week and it's is the only way we are able to get over our depression. .That is booking on the FD BB for next August :thumbsup2

I know that feeling...I am leaving in 4 days to enjoy 11 days in Disney but already dreading to come home..LOL!! but the good feeling is that i am booked for NYC Disney cruise to look forward next year!

We are going to CBR in mid November. Holding out hope that they may finish the bridge prior to that because my parents have never been at CBR and they would have loved it (they are POR fans but wanted to try CBR since they like to stay in newly refurbished rooms; well, that and POR wasn't included in free dining). The walk around the lake doesn't look too bad, though, just not as nice as walking through the island. Am thinking I will probably ask for Aruba, close to the bus stop (which is important to them as they say they are too old to "sprint" for a bus at the last minute), and second floor (since they can't stand to hear people walking overhead). But Barbados doesn't look like it would be all that far from OPR either.

Most of the info I've seen here has the bridge construction going until November and even December. So yeah, in 3 weeks it will still be closed. We're planning on it being closed for our Nov trip.
Thanks for the update. Have only just found out about this today but only by chance from reading other planning sites like these, interestingly nothing about it on the official Disney sites!

View attachment 120513

So excited!!! Got my magic bands all decorated! Working on my big reveal on how I'm surprising my kiddos and telling them they are going to disney tomorrow...26 days and counting!!!
What did you use to decorate your bands? They look fabulous! Did you use an adhessive?

We just got back from CBR last week and it's is the only way we are able to get over our depression. .That is booking on the FD BB for next August :thumbsup2
We booked the CBR trip to get over the depression from being home from a 24 day Europe trip.......I see a pattern developing here, lol! Is there a date limit on the bounce back? Is the BB for any resort?

What did you use to decorate your bands? They look fabulous! Did you use an adhessive?

We booked the CBR trip to get over the depression from being home from a 24 day Europe trip.......I see a pattern developing here, lol! Is there a date limit on the bounce back? Is the BB for any resort?
I honestly don't know if it's for all resorts or when the offer stops,all I know is CBR is offering BB starting Aug 26. I also didn't think to ask when it ends because my wife is a School Teacher, so we just always take the BB for the latest dates in August so it doesn't interfere with school. Here in New York (at least in upstate NY) school starts the Tues. after Labor Day..sometimes Weds. Crowds are usually a lot lighter that week also. Sorry I didn't find out when the FD BB ends.:confused3

I honestly don't know if it's for all resorts or when the offer stops,all I know is CBR is offering BB starting Aug 26. I also didn't think to ask when it ends because my wife is a School Teacher, so we just always take the BB for the latest dates in August so it doesn't interfere with school. Here in New York (at least in upstate NY) school starts the Tues. after Labor Day..sometimes Weds. Crowds are usually a lot lighter that week also. Sorry I didn't find out when the FD BB ends.:confused3
NP! We've never booked a bounce back offer. Do you just set it up with a promo-code then pay a deposit? So great that your wife doesn't start back until after Labor Day. Our kids started school August 10th this year! Can you believe it? St Louis is pretty hot in August, lol!

NP! We've never booked a bounce back offer. Do you just set it up with a promo-code then pay a deposit? So great that your wife doesn't start back until after Labor Day. Our kids started school August 10th this year! Can you believe it? St Louis is pretty hot in August, lol!
That is crazy early..Aug 10..the number you call from your room is 8844 and they will ask you for your conf.# of your current stay, then you just ask " what are the current bounce back offers" when they tell you what is offered and the dates then you decide whether to book BB or not ..$200 deposit required. 100% EASIEST reservations we make ..every year..seems like they are phasing FD BB out. Last year FD BB started August 20th with zero stipulations. Next year FD BB starts August 26 and you need to add park hopper, ( we never needed to add park hopper before).

For some of u that just returned how was ur credit card charged? Randomly throughout your stay, once u hit ur resort limit, or the night before check out.

Just hearing about the bridge renovation as well, so being this is my first stay, how else do you cut across to go to the food court?

Also, is anyone there right now that can comment on the weather?

Just hearing about the bridge renovation as well, so being this is my first stay, how else do you cut across to go to the food court?

You have 3 options.

Walk around the lake.
Take the Internal Bus.
Take the shuttle vans they are running just because of the bridge being out.

So the entire island including the playground is inaccessible correct?

I'm not sure; I didn't get to check it out while I was there.
But if you look at the map in the third picture I posted, you can see the clear red dot they have highlighted with "bridge closed". There is not a matching "bridge closed dot" on the other side closer to OPR. Perhaps it is literally JUST the bridge that is out.

I'm sure they would be more than willing to tell you exactly which feature you're worried about accessing. They made sure my mom and I both knew about the shuttles and the closures right at check in and were very kind with any other issues we had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter