• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am highly considering this resort for our fall 2016 trip. But I'm scared. We have only stayed in larger suites for our disney vacations. We have stayed in a single room for a couple of 1 or 2 night trips to other places(Kennywood, Great Wolf Lodge, etc, and we did fine). Question for people that are used to spreading out and then staying here in a single room-is it hard to adjust? I feel like we might feel too crowded. We are 2 adults and 3 kids and it will be for 9 nights. We don't hang out in our room, we do parks all day, every day, and only eat, hang out for an hour before sleeping, then get up and go. Did you find it really that big of a deal to come down in space???

We are a family of 5 and are staying for 11 nights at CBR in 3 weeks. We have stayed before at POR, which is the same size room. We never felt crowded. Even when we got back to the room at night to relax, we would hang out on the beds, watch some TV. We spent the majority of our time outside the room, so it wasn't a big deal.

There are conflicting answers to the size of rooms at CBR ... Are the rooms 340sft. Or 314sft.? Aren't other mods all 314?

I am highly considering this resort for our fall 2016 trip. But I'm scared. We have only stayed in larger suites for our disney vacations. We have stayed in a single room for a couple of 1 or 2 night trips to other places(Kennywood, Great Wolf Lodge, etc, and we did fine). Question for people that are used to spreading out and then staying here in a single room-is it hard to adjust? I feel like we might feel too crowded. We are 2 adults and 3 kids and it will be for 9 nights. We don't hang out in our room, we do parks all day, every day, and only eat, hang out for an hour before sleeping, then get up and go. Did you find it really that big of a deal to come down in space???

We are used to staying in 2-3 bedroom condos when we travel (have a time share we exchange) for our family of 5 as well. I don't think families that aren't used to all the space really understand how much of a difference it makes! We did 3 days at CBR and 3 days at Beach Club our last trip-we survived one room for 6 days. It is easy to find spots to stretch out around the resort if you need to. I was the early riser so I would just have clothes, mug etc laid out night before so I could easily change and go to OPR in am for my coffee. For us we found that 6-7 days in one room is our max. We did resort down time nearly every day too. The biggest challenge for us was having 2 kids who had to share a bed, and keeping the room neat enough that you didn't break a toe running into someones stuff. I loved CBR but it was easier to "spread out" at the deluxe resort (had a balcony). We moved offsite for our second week to 2bed 2bath condo where everyone had own bed and an extra bathroom and the first thing kids said was "Look at all that space".

So-yes it will be an adjustment-but it is completely doable and enjoyable. If you feel space will be an issue for 9 days consider a preferred room so you are super close to OPR? We were in Martinique and one building away from quiet pool (very quick walk) so I often hung out there to eat breakfast and drink my coffee:) Or consider a split stay? Changing resorts made each part feel like a "new" trip.

Anyone hearing anything about Illuminations in late Sept/early October? I was looking at this (http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236) since my 60 day window is soon, but I'm confused about why there would be FPs for Illuminations for most of August/September, but then not all those days?

I'm not actually planning to get a FP for Illuminations, but I'm worried that it might be down for some reason while we are there... which would make me so sad. Right now we are planning on going on DH's 40th birthday!

Does anyone know if you can use an HDMI cable to connect a laptop to the TV in the CBR rooms? It will be nice to put a movie on for the kids as you never know what is going to be on TV.

We are used to staying in 2-3 bedroom condos when we travel (have a time share we exchange) for our family of 5 as well. I don't think families that aren't used to all the space really understand how much of a difference it makes! We did 3 days at CBR and 3 days at Beach Club our last trip-we survived one room for 6 days. It is easy to find spots to stretch out around the resort if you need to. I was the early riser so I would just have clothes, mug etc laid out night before so I could easily change and go to OPR in am for my coffee. For us we found that 6-7 days in one room is our max. We did resort down time nearly every day too. The biggest challenge for us was having 2 kids who had to share a bed, and keeping the room neat enough that you didn't break a toe running into someones stuff. I loved CBR but it was easier to "spread out" at the deluxe resort (had a balcony). We moved offsite for our second week to 2bed 2bath condo where everyone had own bed and an extra bathroom and the first thing kids said was "Look at all that space".

Monykalyn, I just realized who you are. I grew up in Crestwood along with your DH and even worked with him for a while. I loved seeing the pictures of your recent trip in June. One day we plan on being there for the Star Wars Weekend.

Our oldest can't go on this trip so we decided to squeeze into one room and stay at the CBR. It will be me, DH, and three teenage boys. This will be our first time ever at CBR but my parents have stayed here before and really enjoyed it.

Does anyone know if we're allowed to bring a small coffee pot to use in the room (DH wants to use his own coffee)?

Yeah, mine was changed. I had a later Mine Train one and they changed it to Splash Mountain, but it is in the afternoon, well before 4pm. I tried switching it to something else, but most everything else is taken between 4 and 7. So we'll let that one slide.
Yup, they changed my 7 Dwarfs ride from 6:15P-7:15P to 4:20P to 5:20P.

The refurbished rooms look beautiful! This was always one of my favorite resorts, I love the foodcourt, the main pool and the quiet pools. I find Shutters to be an excellent although underrated restaurant. The o my thing lacking is an indoor lounge area. The other moderates and all the deluxes have indoor lounges. We always enjoy the lounges particularly if it's a rainy evening and we are tired or on the last day while waiting for DME. I hope they plan to add one sometime in the future.

The rooms come with a coffee pot but I believe they only make one cup at a time. The values don't have coffee pots but we've always brought our own when we stayed there and they've never said anything, so I don't think it'd be a problem.

There are conflicting answers to the size of rooms at CBR ... Are the rooms 340sft. Or 314sft.? Aren't other mods all 314?

CBR is 340, all other mods are 314.

I noticed when disney first built a specific category hotel they are the biggest and then get smaller as they build on...Anyone notice that?
-------
Deluxe: Poly, Contem are originals and biggest in Deluxe

DVC: Old Key West are original and biggest in DVC

MOD: CBR are original and biggest in mod

Value: All Stars originals but just slightly bigger than Pop.

Last edited:
Monykalyn, I just realized who you are. I grew up in Crestwood along with your DH and even worked with him for a while. I loved seeing the pictures of your recent trip in June. One day we plan on being there for the Star Wars Weekend.

Our oldest can't go on this trip so we decided to squeeze into one room and stay at the CBR. It will be me, DH, and three teenage boys. This will be our first time ever at CBR but my parents have stayed here before and really enjoyed it.

Does anyone know if we're allowed to bring a small coffee pot to use in the room (DH wants to use his own coffee)?

OMG totally small world!!!! There is a coffee pot in the room-never bothered to use it as I just walked to OPR every am-such a pretty walk! Have fun!!

ETA-with 3 teens it might be tight - the trundle bed is not that big-slightly smaller than a twin-our 9 year old fit on it comfortably but our 6'1" daughter would have had head and feet hanging off.

Last edited:
We stayed at Beach Club (room not much larger) with a two adults, one teenager and two children for 11 days. Didn't feel crowded once. Then again, we live in a 2 bedroom, 1 bath 800 sq ft apartment (as a family of four) with a chocolate lab and find it ample space :) Our place is only approx 2.5 Disney rooms..I never realized that before lol.

40 sleeps until Caribbean Beach Resort !!!

I had great luck changing my flight to a later time with Delta today too.... I put on my "you guys are super busy today - thank you for taking my call" voice and the Delta agent (Sheila) was super nice. I asked about her day and again thanked her for calling me back (i opted to let the system call me back instead of being on hold 45 minutes). I asked if the fee could be waved for my return flight because the time had changed by 20 minutes (we would have had to board Magical Express @ 7:00) she said the time change had to be 90 minutes or more but she would check. After a couple of minutes she said she could change me to the 4:30 at no charge if I wanted. I didn't hesitate because I had wanted that time when I originally booked my tickets in March and it more than doubled the cost (it would have been $2099 for 3 tix) So I got a little Pixie dust from Delta today....

I then called to hope that I could upgrade my standard room to preferred at CBR but none were available. I would have gladly paid the difference to guarantee the Preferred. I guess I will stick with my request of Jamaica upper floor.

Have I said how much I love the DIS and how helpful it has been to me on my many trips these last few years. Thanks again all!

40 sleeps until Caribbean Beach Resort !!!

I had great luck changing my flight to a later time with Delta today too.... I put on my "you guys are super busy today - thank you for taking my call" voice and the Delta agent (Sheila) was super nice. I asked about her day and again thanked her for calling me back (i opted to let the system call me back instead of being on hold 45 minutes). I asked if the fee could be waved for my return flight because the time had changed by 20 minutes (we would have had to board Magical Express @ 7:00) she said the time change had to be 90 minutes or more but she would check. After a couple of minutes she said she could change me to the 4:30 at no charge if I wanted. I didn't hesitate because I had wanted that time when I originally booked my tickets in March and it more than doubled the cost (it would have been $2099 for 3 tix) So I got a little Pixie dust from Delta today....

I then called to hope that I could upgrade my standard room to preferred at CBR but none were available. I would have gladly paid the difference to guarantee the Preferred. I guess I will stick with my request of Jamaica upper floor.

Have I said how much I love the DIS and how helpful it has been to me on my many trips these last few years. Thanks again all!
See you at CBR. We are 1 day behind you.

Can anyone tell me if the doors are metal as to hang a magnet from? We always carry a magnet to mark our room when we cruise and I thought it would be nice at CBR as well....

Can anyone tell me if the doors are metal as to hang a magnet from? We always carry a magnet to mark our room when we cruise and I thought it would be nice at CBR as well....
I was wondering the same thing.

I called last week and made my room requests..I was just about to make my online check in tonight but notice they dont have a check box for what I requested...if I request 2 other choices or dont request anything on online check in do you think it will wipe out my phone requests? I really want the phone requests....ugh...what to do...check in online or not check in online..Help!
16 days and counting....

Go ahead and check in online but skip the room request section. It's what we do every trip since online check in started. What we like to request, Jamaica 45 and 2nd floor, are not options during online check in so I always phone them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter