Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I feel like one for sure :rolleyes1 Getting my packing started I putting all the 'little things' into my carry on So excited about CBR Does everyone think having preferred is enough ? Am I missing out if I don't request a certain building?
Don't feel like a slacker.. There are 6 of us, and we don't start packing until 7 days before, and only once did I forget something..

I'm 58 days out and I've already started setting things aside. I have a bag started with toiletries, sunscreen, and the like. I won't start packing clothes until the week prior. I have a list that keeps getting longer and longer of things I have to remember to pack. I'm always afraid I'm going to forget something.

Just checked in today. Paid for standard room but got a free upgrade to preferred! Got Martinique 24. Right by main pool and bus stop!!
So far loving to CBR. Very happy we got upgraded to preferred room. Martinique is so close to everything and bus is usually empty when it stops here but standing room it by the time it gets to Trinidad area. Worst bus ride was to DTD. Took forever.
Weather was good first two days but yesterday it rained a lot during our Epcot day.
Maid service fine but no towel animals yet. Hoping to lounge at pool today and then late night at MK.
Wish they had vending machines by ice.

I booked a RO for one night before our package. Do I need to make any requests so that we won't have to switch rooms? It's the same room type.

Sorry if this is addressed earlier in the thread (I've read it all over the last few months, but I don't recall this), but I was wondering what toiletries they give you at CBR. Anyone have pictures?

Sorry if this is addressed earlier in the thread (I've read it all over the last few months, but I don't recall this), but I was wondering what toiletries they give you at CBR. Anyone have pictures?
Shampoo, Conditioner & Bars of Bath and Face Soap. We used to get lotion too but, have not gotten that in a while.100_4674.JPGBy the way...you made my sons day asking for a picture of something Disney. "I'll take a picture for you!" He is soooo Disneyized. :)

:offtopic: I know this is not the thread for this but, I thought I would let people know that if you are going to MK on a Halloween Party night and you have a FP+ reservation for the evening before they close....check your e-mail! Apparently they are changing peoples FP+'s that are close to closing. They changed one of mine that I had for 6-7pm. They not only changed the time but, they also changed the experience. Just wanted to give y'all a heads up so you can go and get what you can, while you can. Good luck!
Oh no......I'll have to check mine.....I'm pretty sure my 7DMT is for close to 5pm so mine should be ok, don't you think?

21 days and you haven't packed yet? We are 44 out and I have already got some of the smaller stuff packed. You must be a slacker!!! :D:jumping1:
lol

So far loving to CBR. Very happy we got upgraded to preferred room. Martinique is so close to everything and bus is usually empty when it stops here but standing room it by the time it gets to Trinidad area. Worst bus ride was to DTD. Took forever.
Weather was good first two days but yesterday it rained a lot during our Epcot day.
Maid service fine but no towel animals yet. Hoping to lounge at pool today and then late night at MK.
Wish they had vending machines by ice.
Ugh. I actually would love to sneak in an afternoon or early evening at DTD as I don't feel like a trip is complete until we've used up some snack credits at Goofy's. I have seen nightmare trips lately so I'm worried about bus service and we are depending on Disney transportation.

Shampoo, Conditioner & Bars of Bath and Face Soap. We used to get lotion too but, have not gotten that in a while.View attachment 113152By the way...you made my sons day asking for a picture of something Disney. "I'll take a picture for you!" He is soooo Disneyized. :)
I love the smell of that soap....so I will leave my B&BW shower gel at home this trip.....also, love the MM heads on the shampoo/conditioners.....disneyland resorts have gotten rid of those lids. :(

For MNSSHP, I have read elsewhere that FPs ending at 6:30 or later on party nights are getting changed. Probably trying to get non-party folks out sooner!

Has anyone gotten a cake delivered to their room at CBR? I read on the cake chatter thread that this was possible but wanted to check here to see how it went.

Don't feel like a slacker.. There are 6 of us, and we don't start packing until 7 days before, and only once did I forget something..
Just having fun with you. My wife and kids always tell me they know when we are 60 days out...I have the suitcase out. 8-)

-----FYI-----

DIS member @coolbrook just posted that their daughter is a CM at CBR and said the Pirate Themed rooms are in the process of getting queen beds!!! They are cutting out the sides of the beds, removing the platforms and just leaving the ship headboard to allow for the bigger mattresses and bed springs.

How do you make sure reservations are cross referenced? Do they automatically do that if you make two room reservations at the same time? If not, is this something to add when you make room requests?

If you made the reservations yourself you call the reservation line and give them all of the reservation numbers. They will give you a "travel with" number and you know you are linked. You have the option of requesting connecting (door in between), adjoining (nearby), or just linking the reservations which I find puts you in the same vicinity. You can also request a certain village or building at that time.

If you link reservations on the phone and select connecting/adjoining, that option will already be checked and greyed out when you add room request during your online checkin.

If you made your initial reservation with a Travel Agent, they have to call Disney to link your reservations.

I know that when I've made reservations online in the past, even if you fill in the section that you are traveling with someone else, it does not create a "travel with" link. And having everyone linked on MDE is a completely different thing.

We are finally in the double digits, only 99 days to go! We got the FD package in April and have all the reservations for our party of 5 somewhat set.

I have been following these forums for about 10 years and I think this is my very first post.

So exciting! We are leaving in 100 days...5 of us as well!

Maybe we will see you there!!!

Shampoo, Conditioner & Bars of Bath and Face Soap. We used to get lotion too but, have not gotten that in a while.View attachment 113152By the way...you made my sons day asking for a picture of something Disney. "I'll take a picture for you!" He is soooo Disneyized. :)
I preferred these over the grapefruit stuff we got at beach club-plus these have the mickey heads and beach club's toiletries do not!! Just changed my computer screen background to a pic I took of CBR in the am as I walked to OPR for my am coffee-hope you guys are planning trip reports so I can live vicariously:laughing:.IMG_2157.JPG

We have 103 days!!!! I'm so excited . Debating on making request when we do online check in. What are the chances of the room being ready if I make no request? We are flying from cold weather and should arrive around 1030 at the resort and we would like to get changed before heading to animal kingdom. Any advise would be great .

I called last week and made my room requests..I was just about to make my online check in tonight but notice they dont have a check box for what I requested...if I request 2 other choices or dont request anything on online check in do you think it will wipe out my phone requests? I really want the phone requests....ugh...what to do...check in online or not check in online..Help!
16 days and counting....

How do you make sure reservations are cross referenced? Do they automatically do that if you make two room reservations at the same time? If not, is this something to add when you make room requests?

You need to have all reservation numbers as well as the name, address and telephone number of the lead person on each reservation. The castmember can pull up each reservation and then "link" them all. You can even do this is one or more of the parties arrive at different time. We arrived a week before the other three parties arrived. The only requests that we made were downstairs and Jamaica. We were assigned four rooms in a row, downstairs and in Jamaica.

For MNSSHP, I have read elsewhere that FPs ending at 6:30 or later on party nights are getting changed. Probably trying to get non-party folks out sooner!

Yeah, mine was changed. I had a later Mine Train one and they changed it to Splash Mountain, but it is in the afternoon, well before 4pm. I tried switching it to something else, but most everything else is taken between 4 and 7. So we'll let that one slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter