• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone!

I've been lurking for a while but I'm ready to join the fun! I'm 24 days out from our first stay at the Caribbean Beach with my girlfriend and her aunt! They both haven't been since 1999/2000 so I can't wait to share Disney with them and we are all so excited to explore CBR for the first time ever!! Thank you all for this thread; it has been so helpful. This is my first time planning a trip all by myself so all of your info and advice has been wonderful!!

I hope you guys have a magical trip!

60 days! I did our fastpasses at midnight and got everything I wanted (even E&A) with no problems and even got the general times I wanted. What am I going to do now that planning is done? Is it time to start packing yet?!
I am feeling the same thing. We have 58 days. I've done all ADR'S, fastpasses, checked in online. Now what? There is not a website or pinterest board I haven't read and researched. Can't wait!!

So I'm pretty naive here......what exactly do bedbugs look like to the naked eye?

Also, this is the first time we're using the magic bands and picking FP+. When can I start planning fast passes on July 31? The website says July 31 so is that EVENING whenever the park closes for the day or is it at midnight on July 30? And I know I read it's after the park closes but which park? MK is the latest park open that day and it closes at midnight.

Wasn't it easier when we had the paper fast passes? LOL!

So I'm pretty naive here......what exactly do bedbugs look like to the naked eye?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bug

Also, this is the first time we're using the magic bands and picking FP+. When can I start planning fast passes on July 31? The website says July 31 so is that EVENING whenever the park closes for the day or is it at midnight on July 30?

Midnight July 30th or possibly 1AM July 31.

And I know I read it's after the park closes but which park? MK is the latest park open that day and it closes at midnight.

Whatever park you are making FP+ for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bed_bug

EWWWWWWWWWWWW

Midnight July 30th or possibly 1AM July 31.
Whatever park you are making FP+ for.
So on june 31, Epcot closes at 11, MK closes as midnight, DHS closes at 10pm, and AK closes at 6pm......I can make my FP+ selections for Epcot attractions at 10, MK at 11pm, DHS at 9pm, and AK at 5pm? I'm Central time so that's why I'm an hour earlier than the EST closing times. I assume I can make the FP+ for the whole trip at that time, right?

So on june 31, Epcot closes at 11, MK closes as midnight, DHS closes at 10pm, and AK closes at 6pm......I can make my FP+ selections for Epcot attractions at 10, MK at 11pm, DHS at 9pm, and AK at 5pm? I'm Central time so that's why I'm an hour earlier than the EST closing times. I assume I can make the FP+ for the whole trip at that time, right?
Fast passes for all the parks can be made at midnight EST, 60 days in advance (or 11pm your time I guess!). The times that each park closes on July 31st doesn't matter. Happy booking!

Fast passes for all the parks can be made at midnight EST, 60 days in advance (or 11pm your time I guess!). The times that each park closes on July 31st doesn't matter. Happy booking!

Awesome, thanks for the update. This is great news. Last time I made them I had to wait until Midnight Central because MK was open until 1AM that night.

Awesome, thanks for the update. This is great news. Last time I made them I had to wait until Midnight Central because MK was open until 1AM that night.
Yes, I had that happen a few times too! It was frustrating! Apparently this issue has been fixed so we can always book fast passes at midnight EST, regardless of what time the Magic Kingdom closes on your booking day. :)

Thank you for the info! Thanks to Dansdad too! To be on the safe side I will go every couple of days....is there somewhere to check periodically to see how much is on my account? I really only plan on using it for tips and souvenirs (which there shouldn't be a whole lot of those) and probably F&W purchases.

I just call guest services from the room and they will tell you your account balance. I know you want to pay with gift cards, so you would have to go down to pay the balance, but if I'm close to the limit And using a credit card I just tell them to charge my card on file and zero out the account. They do it on the phone. So much easier than waiting in a line!

DH & I are taking our "big" honeymoon this September (we got married in April), and it ends with 3 nights at CBR! I have never been to this resort, but we stayed at CSR and we loved the tropical & relaxing feel. I was hoping CBR has that same vibe? Is it somewhat romantic at night? Is the food at Shutter's good? We really liked CSR, so hoping for a similar experience at CBR. Thanks!::MinnieMo

DH & I are taking our "big" honeymoon this September (we got married in April), and it ends with 3 nights at CBR! I have never been to this resort, but we stayed at CSR and we loved the tropical & relaxing feel. I was hoping CBR has that same vibe? Is it somewhat romantic at night? Is the food at Shutter's good? We really liked CSR, so hoping for a similar experience at CBR. Thanks!::MinnieMo
Shutter's has improved greatly. About 2 years ago they got a new chef. We ate there 3 times last year and have a ressie for Shutter's in September. Take a walk around the lake at night and then go to the pool bar. It is a good time.

And now my kids are all fighting over who gets the trundle bed...sigh first world problems, I know

17 days

Ha ha...This reminds me when on the Disney cruises my 2 kids would fight to get the upper bunk! Good old days...(my kids now 18 and 22!) But i resolved it by half the trip, and other the other half...and it sometimes ended up uneven nights (like 7 night cruise) ..then they rock paper scissors game and or they do s own some kind of bribery to each other and the best kid win that last night in the upper bunk! LOL!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the mattresses on the trundle beds can be removed? We're traveling with 4 kids in September and would like to get them all in one room by putting one of the trundle mattresses on the floor in the kids' room (assuming we get rooms with the extra beds). Thanks!

Does anyone know if the mattresses on the trundle beds can be removed? We're traveling with 4 kids in September and would like to get them all in one room by putting one of the trundle mattresses on the floor in the kids' room (assuming we get rooms with the extra beds). Thanks!
Mattresses can't be removed. Sorry .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter