Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The King Rooms cost more, I believe. We are booked for a Standard King and I'm pretty certain it's more than just a Standard. I don't know if that matters with your group rate or not.

Yup, they're a bookable category. IIRC it's just over $200 more for a week's stay.

Thank you! I should have thought of that since I know they are at POFQ. (We gave up our King Bed room there when we thought our kids were coming with us.) We have a good deal at Movies with the military discount in a preferred room with a king bed request, but we both think either way we'd be happier at CBR. I don't know why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I guess in hopes something opens up with the military discount.

Does anyone know how much the kids night in pirate adventure costs? Also is it worth whatever the cost is?

I'm assuming parents don't accompany the kids for this?

Anyone know if there are king beds in standard rooms? Someone mentioned requesting one, but I wasn't sure if those were scattered through the various room categories or not?

Yes, we paid for a King Room, Standard view. It's hard to not have a king bed since that's what we have at home....

We like the food court and main feature pool much more at CBR. We like the food choices and the way the food court is laid out at CBR. We also like the fact that there are 2 hot tubs and 2 slides at the Main Pool. Even though POR is peaceful we feel CBR is even more quiet and laid back. Even when it's at capacity during Free Dining we always feel like we're the only people in our building. We like that every village has its own bus stop so you are never far from one. We also like that the Custom House, where you check in and catch Magical Express, is separate from Old Port Royale where the food court, arcade and gift shop are. With it separate, it keeps the food court, gift shop, etc from feeling crowded and keeps it from having that buzz of activity. The only time we have ever needed to be at the Custom House was to check in or catch ME, and when we need to catch ME we call Bell Services and they pick up us and our luggage and drive us there. There is a Concierge Desk at OPR that can do anything the Front Desk can do except check-in/out. It's such a nice break from the craziness of the parks that we feel like we have 2 vacations in one. Ever since we started staying at CBR our trips have gotten longer and we take 2-3 full days just to hang out at CBR.

Don't get me wrong, POR is a great resort and if we had to stay there again for a discount we would in a heart beat. But when all things are equal and we have the choice CBR is the unanimous choice every time.

Thank you so much. I really like the information about the quiet feel to the resort. I so appreciate you taking the time to answer that question and give me your thoughts!

60 days! I did our fastpasses at midnight and got everything I wanted (even E&A) with no problems and even got the general times I wanted. What am I going to do now that planning is done? Is it time to start packing yet?!
This is how I feel too. Booked our fast passes last week and now I'm just counting down the days.........53 to go!!

I just got back from a last minute getaway there at CBR. First time for us at that resort. Usually I'm the one mapping out a room/bed type/specific location after obsessive planning. This time I just went with the standard room, requesting a building and floor and left it at that. We ended up with a king, end room / extra window (didn't ever open the drapes anyway). I really liked this resort! Bus service was great, good choices for food, nice gift shop, loved the pool area and the overall look of the property. I only had 4 days to drive myself nutty with waiting. Can't imagine how you poor kids all feel right now with your longer count-downs. {{{ hugs }}}

When I have time, I may go back and read through the other 197 pages, but does anyone know what they are doing construction on there? (Near the Jamaica building)

When I have time, I may go back and read through the other 197 pages, but does anyone know what they are doing construction on there? (Near the Jamaica building)

Are you talking about the blocked off area in the parking lot? or are they actually doing something to the buildings? They are supposed to start work on the pirate rooms and, when we were there, they were storing all of their construction equipment in that blocked off area. There were many of the portable buildings and pallets of building supplies in that area.

It was off to the side near the parking lot and not on an actual building from what I saw. Makes sense that it could be for equipment. Lots of trailers. Everything with a fence around it.

Does anyone know how much the kids night in pirate adventure costs? Also is it worth whatever the cost is?

I'm assuming parents don't accompany the kids for this?

Let me see if I can find a picture that I took of the sign when we were there in May. I believe that it's about $35.

It was off to the side near the parking lot and not on an actual building from what I saw. Makes sense that it could be for equipment. Lots of trailers. Everything with a fence around it.

Yep, that's the area where they are storing their equipment. It's been there every since they started the construction. I'm sure that it's easier to keep it in one place instead of moving it from one village to another.

I actually changed a 10:20 FP to 10:10, out of boredom.

I do that all the time! I went back and looked at my initial handwritten notes from our 2015 trip, flipped through the "out of boredom" or "make the itinerary work better" pages and I had made a ton of changes from the initial booking of FP (and dining reservations) to the time that we visited. I just can't seem to help myself.

Quick question! We check out November 19, but don't actually leave until November 20. We are taking a car to the airport when we are done for the day on the 19th (may be doing the poly luau). We have an early flight the 20th, so we opted to stay in the hotel at MCO. My question is, where can I leave my bags for the day? We only stay Deluxe and have always been able to leave our bags with Bell Services, can we do this at CBR as well? Also, to check out, we have to go to custom house (if I understand properly), do we have to bring our luggage with us to store there or can they pick it up from our room? Thank you for any info!

Quick question! We check out November 19, but don't actually leave until November 20. We are taking a car to the airport when we are done for the day on the 19th (may be doing the poly luau). We have an early flight the 20th, so we opted to stay in the hotel at MCO. My question is, where can I leave my bags for the day? We only stay Deluxe and have always been able to leave our bags with Bell Services, can we do this at CBR as well? Also, to check out, we have to go to custom house (if I understand properly), do we have to bring our luggage with us to store there or can they pick it up from our room? Thank you for any info!

Yes, Bell Services will hold your bags for you. And yes, Bell Services will come pick them up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter