Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort from Sept 5th to 13th.
I am taking two single strollers with me, purchased for this trip specifically, and the connectors to make them a double. Links to both:
(The are not in use now as I have a double stroller as well)

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/summer-...Bn42IgnhhWLHRNSnxqsDJyT-oL2TyXsSDnhoCWUHw_wcB

http://www.diapers.com/p/munchkin-stroller-links-80471

I was planning on selling them when I returned home but my friend mentioned she sold her's before leaving Disney..
If anyone is interested in buying these please let me know. That's one flight I do not need to take them on :-)

We leave early on the morning of the 13th so we can pass them along the evnning of the 12th

Total purchase price of $258 (CAN)
- would like to get half back
Just curious here but, why didn't you just rent a double stroller for when you are at Disney?

Just curious here but, why didn't you just rent a double stroller for when you are at Disney?

Our girls will be turning 4, and no longer using a stroller. In my research it was a must for Disney..
I looked at all options for strollers:

- Bring our double from home: Flight with a stop over and taking a huge stroller which would not be in use would be a hassle. then at Disney strollers must be folded up to get on and off the bus at Disney..
Just seemed to be a hassle.

- Rent at the parks - Hard strollers with no recline if they wanted to nap. Also then no option to have at the resort.

- Rent a double from one of the rental places - I was back to only one stroller and having to fold up a double to get on and off the bus.

- Rent two singles wasn't an option .. then its two bulky single strollers that I could not use the connectors to make a double

I then started to look at light compact single strollers that hold up to a 50 pound child and pretty much fully recline. I couldn't find a place to rent these types of strollers from

If one of the girls want to go one way and the other doesn't.. my husband and I can split and still each have a stroller.
Also good if there is a melt down ;). The connectors make it easy to make a double when required.
If they want a little nap, it pretty much fully reclines.
If the girls prefer to walk its a quick easy fold up and easy to carry around as it has a carrying strap.

The cost factor is a little less in purchasing and reselling, rather than renting. I was more for convenience than price in my overall decision.

:-)

Thanks Mickeystoontown! we had no idea if it was a good place to stay for we "old" folks! lol Actually, we have reservations at POFQ but when the new fall rates came out CBR was $800.00 cheaper for what we already booked! I do think we will stay at POFQ though just for the quietness and the convenience. If anyone else out there is hunting for a deal, look up the new Fall rating deals! there are a few good ones out there still!

I am very much on the fence in whether to stay at CBR with free dining instead of POR without. CBR looks really nice but we really love POR and know our way around there. We have CBR booked with the free dining but I was considering foregoing the free dining for a % off the room at POR. We would then have to add dining.....quick service alone would take us $400 over what we are spending at CBR and that includes Park hopper at CBR.

I am on the fence. I think it is kind of crazy for us to give up the free dining but we really love POR.

Other than a closer building and maybe a better view, what do the preferred rooms get you that a standard room doesn't? Anything? Do all preferred rooms have a pull out bed?

I am very much on the fence in whether to stay at CBR with free dining instead of POR without. CBR looks really nice but we really love POR and know our way around there. We have CBR booked with the free dining but I was considering foregoing the free dining for a % off the room at POR. We would then have to add dining.....quick service alone would take us $400 over what we are spending at CBR and that includes Park hopper at CBR.

I am on the fence. I think it is kind of crazy for us to give up the free dining but we really love POR.

We were huge POR fans until having to switch to CBR for free dining years ago. Ever since then, we haven't been able to go back to POR. We absolutely fell in love with CBR.

We LOVED POR.....but we're also excited to try something new. I think it'll be a great switch but I won't be able to say for sure for another 65 days.....I think the free dining is pretty good incentive to give it a go!

That is good to know and from looking at CBR map, that seem to be the case that every building cluster has own parking lots.

Last year, staying at Pop...it was a long walk from parking lot to the 60's building since there were no parking lots to close to that building, which gets pretty exhausting after a long day at the parks! :crutches:

Ironically the 60s are where everyone requests to be close to Disney transportation.

For the first time ever we used our car to get to ADRs this last trip. Always before we used Disney transportation.

What preferred buildings in Martinque have the pull down bed?
All buildings have the pull down beds scattered throughout them, with the exception of maybe the Pirate rooms in Trinidad South. The preferred buildings in Martinque are 24,25 and 26.

Other than a closer building and maybe a better view, what do the preferred rooms get you that a standard room doesn't? Anything? Do all preferred rooms have a pull out bed?
Preferred buildings are the three closest to the left and right of OPR and the main pool. That's it really. Each country has their own bus stop and quite pool. There are no extra amenities in the preferred rooms.

We were huge POR fans until having to switch to CBR for free dining years ago. Ever since then, we haven't been able to go back to POR. We absolutely fell in love with CBR.

Wow!! That is so good to hear!!!

We always stayed at GF and Wilderness lodge and then the budget caused us to consider POR. We LOVED it immediately! We thought we wish we gave it a go sooner. I would never go back to GF over POR or any deluxe for that matter. So I can believe that we need to venture out and give CBR a fair try because I am sure it will be a wonderful experience. Just hard because we certainly do love POR.

Anyone know if there are king beds in standard rooms? Someone mentioned requesting one, but I wasn't sure if those were scattered through the various room categories or not?

Yes there are. We had one twice last year.

Awesome, thank you! We are likely moving to CBR for W&D Half using group rates, which are standard rooms, and while a King bed isn't necessary now that they have queens it sure would be nice since it's just my husband and I!

Awesome, thank you! We are likely moving to CBR for W&D Half using group rates, which are standard rooms, and while a King bed isn't necessary now that they have queens it sure would be nice since it's just my husband and I!

The King Rooms cost more, I believe. We are booked for a Standard King and I'm pretty certain it's more than just a Standard. I don't know if that matters with your group rate or not.

74 days till 3 whole weeks in CBR, can't wait. Seems like ages ago we booked. Had a good luck at resort on touring plans and quite like look of Aruba 52 for our request. Anyone else stayed here? Thoughts?

:yay::sail::hourglass

What tipped the scales in favor of CBR over POR?

We like the food court and main feature pool much more at CBR. We like the food choices and the way the food court is laid out at CBR. We also like the fact that there are 2 hot tubs and 2 slides at the Main Pool. Even though POR is peaceful we feel CBR is even more quiet and laid back. Even when it's at capacity during Free Dining we always feel like we're the only people in our building. We like that every village has its own bus stop so you are never far from one. We also like that the Custom House, where you check in and catch Magical Express, is separate from Old Port Royale where the food court, arcade and gift shop are. With it separate, it keeps the food court, gift shop, etc from feeling crowded and keeps it from having that buzz of activity. The only time we have ever needed to be at the Custom House was to check in or catch ME, and when we need to catch ME we call Bell Services and they pick up us and our luggage and drive us there. There is a Concierge Desk at OPR that can do anything the Front Desk can do except check-in/out. It's such a nice break from the craziness of the parks that we feel like we have 2 vacations in one. Ever since we started staying at CBR our trips have gotten longer and we take 2-3 full days just to hang out at CBR.

Don't get me wrong, POR is a great resort and if we had to stay there again for a discount we would in a heart beat. But when all things are equal and we have the choice CBR is the unanimous choice every time.

We like the food court and main feature pool much more at CBR. We like the food choices and the way the food court is laid out at CBR. We also like the fact that there are 2 hot tubs and 2 slides at the Main Pool. Even though POR is peaceful we feel CBR is even more quiet and laid back. Even when it's at capacity during Free Dining we always feel like we're the only people in our building. We like that every village has its own bus stop so you are never far from one. We also like that the Custom House, where you check in and catch Magical Express, is separate from Old Port Royale where the food court, arcade and gift shop are. With it separate, it keeps the food court, gift shop, etc from feeling crowded and keeps it from having that buzz of activity. The only time we have ever needed to be at the Custom House was to check in or catch ME, and when we need to catch ME we call Bell Services and they pick up us and our luggage and drive us there. There is a Concierge Desk at OPR that can do anything the Front Desk can do except check-in/out. It's such a nice break from the craziness of the parks that we feel like we have 2 vacations in one. Ever since we started staying at CBR our trips have gotten longer and we take 2-3 full days just to hang out at CBR.

Don't get me wrong, POR is a great resort and if we had to stay there again for a discount we would in a heart beat. But when all things are equal and we have the choice CBR is the unanimous choice every time.

Thank you for your input...It was a hard choice between POR vs CBR..but it is encouraging that i made the right choice! :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter