Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a silly question. We've always stayed on the second floor. It wasn't ever a request or even a preference. It just worked out that way. However, for those that have stayed on the first floor, do you ever find that you get more bugs on the first floor? I'm not fond of creepy crawlies at all, but I know that they come with Florida. So do you find that more bugs visit you on the first floor?

Like I said, silly question. o_O

This may be a silly question. We've always stayed on the second floor. It wasn't ever a request or even a preference. It just worked out that way. However, for those that have stayed on the first floor, do you ever find that you get more bugs on the first floor? I'm not fond of creepy crawlies at all, but I know that they come with Florida. So do you find that more bugs visit you on the first floor?

Like I said, silly question. o_O
It is Central Florida...bugs are everywhere. But never had any bugs in the rooms...except for my rug rats, who are now 21 and 20.

To the person who said they are going to bring bed rails with them, call the resort, we got bedrails at AKL and I believe POR when we stayed with our little ones years back, then you wouldn't have to bring them. Another thing we always do in hotels is put the small child on the side where the night stand is and the chair right next to that, then we line the nightstand and chair with pillows in between and it serves as a shield. Always works.

I think the bugs are everywhere but it's the snakes I worry about so I always request a 2nd floor room! :scared1:

Just booked my stay at CBR for the princess half marathon and I'm super excited. This will be my second stay here. We're staying 1 week, and want to head to Universal for 1 day to see Harry Potter. Has anyone had experience taking a taxi from CBR to Universal? Was the price reasonable?

We took a taxi from Universal/IOA to POR in Dec 2012 and it was around $50. We probably could have gotten a car for a day for less but didn't want to worry about parking.

Hi everyone!!!! Can anyone tell me the depth on the main pool? I did look at pictures but can't seem to focus in on the numbers! Thank you!!

Forgive my CBR newbie question...do all rooms have the new murphy bed? All buildings? I am hoping to stay here with my four kiddos! :) Just wondering where we might expect these rooms.

I believe the murphy beds are spread out throughout the resort except for the pirate rooms. They don't "guarantee" one but if you are a family of 5, they are the priority and I never heard of a family of 5 not getting one.

Just booked my stay at CBR for the princess half marathon and I'm super excited. This will be my second stay here. We're staying 1 week, and want to head to Universal for 1 day to see Harry Potter. Has anyone had experience taking a taxi from CBR to Universal? Was the price reasonable?
We hired a van from Happy Limo for $50 to pick us up at a designated time at CBR and take us to Hard Rock Hotel at Universal. We have a family of five so a regular sedan taxi is too small. We caught an SUV cab from the lobby of HRH to return for $45.
Long time ago (2011) we paid $19 pp for a shared van from Mears to pick up at a designated time both ways. It was fine, but I much preferred how we did it this year.

Hi everyone!!!! Can anyone tell me the depth on the main pool? I did look at pictures but can't seem to focus in on the numbers! Thank you!!
If I remember correctly, I believe the deepest part is maybe 42 or 48 inches. Did not come up to my shoulders.

I think it was 4 ft at the deepest in the main pool. It was one of the reasons my kids preferred the quiet pool. Our quiet pool had a section that was 6 ft deep.

If I remember correctly, I believe the deepest part is maybe 42 or 48 inches. Did not come up to my shoulders.

I think it was 4 ft at the deepest in the main pool. It was one of the reasons my kids preferred the quiet pool. Our quiet pool had a section that was 6 ft deep.

Thank you! My kids aren't strong swimmers, but they can handle that depth well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter