• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously contemplating adding another day to the beginning of my trip. I check in the 4th and I really want to go a day early.

Cons
$190 - I'm searching for the person who added a night for $83!
Kids start school on the 27th of August so they would only go to school for 5 days before I pulled them out.

Pros
Another Night!
I can fit in mini golf
Another night of FDing
They are nowhere near behind, they will only be in 2nd and 3rd grade.
6 days in school isn't much more than 5 days.

Help me decide!

MmmSuite I was the one who posted! :) It cost $83. more because I downgraded from pool/lakeview to standard. Go ahead and jump the gun, the only problem you will have is trying to figure out how to get their earlier then you intended, LOL. At first I was going after work, then I was figuring out how to get out a little earlier. Now I am hoping to get DD out of school earlier.

MmmSuite I was the one who posted! :) It cost $83. more because I downgraded from pool/lakeview to standard. Go ahead and jump the gun, the only problem you will have is trying to figure out how to get their earlier then you intended, LOL. At first I was going after work, then I was figuring out how to get out a little earlier. Now I am hoping to get DD out of school earlier.

Haha! You answered my prayers! I'm already a standard view! Rats!

We'd just do everything the same...a day earlier! I think I'm going to do it. I was looking at whether or not my plans would be trashed but everything would be so smooth, and I would get more AK time without another day of tickets. I'm pretty much sold. Nine night vacation!

I'm seriously contemplating adding another day to the beginning of my trip. I check in the 4th and I really want to go a day early.

Cons
$190 - I'm searching for the person who added a night for $83!
Kids start school on the 27th of August so they would only go to school for 5 days before I pulled them out.

Pros
Another Night!
I can fit in mini golf
Another night of FDing
They are nowhere near behind, they will only be in 2nd and 3rd grade.
6 days in school isn't much more than 5 days.

Help me decide!

I'm in the same boat, kids in school for 4 days then pull them out for 7 days. When we booked for FD that's all that was left for Sept. So I took it. Booked my dining. Then more rooms opened. Thought about changing but crowd levels should be low. And I keep telling myself the first few weeks are mostly review. Mine are in middle school now.

I know someone posted on here that they used Touring Plans to get their room request in.....did you get the room you requested? Did you also call in and have the "request" noted in your reservation? The reason I ask is I did put in a room request via Touring Plans and I'd be very happy to get that room :)

I know someone posted on here that they used Touring Plans to get their room request in.....did you get the room you requested? Did you also call in and have the "request" noted in your reservation? The reason I ask is I did put in a room request via Touring Plans and I'd be very happy to get that room :)

Because of the conflicting reports of whether resorts other than POR and POFQ actually read/accept faxed room requests, I would feel better calling in your request also. Then if you do online check in, skip the room request section.

IMHO, no it will not. Rooms are assigned 2-3 days prior to your arrival so it doesn't matter when you arrive. If someone arrives before you and doesn't like their room location the CM will first offer up any unassigned rooms first. Their very last option will be to offer up a room that hasn't been checked into yet. So in theory, it is possible that you'd lose your room but highly unlikely.

Actually, I thought that was the case as well. However, when we checked in last Saturday, I asked if they would check to see if all four reservations were still linked. The rest of our party is not scheduled to come in until this coming Saturday. They were able to not only confirm that they were but also gave me the three other parties' room numbers.

Actually, I thought that was the case as well. However, when we checked in last Saturday, I asked if they would check to see if all four reservations were still linked. The rest of our party is not scheduled to come in until this coming Saturday. They were able to not only confirm that they were but also gave me the three other parties' room numbers.

Thanks Lisa, that's good to know. Looks like they're assigning rooms even earlier. Please try to remember if the rest of your party gets the actual rooms that you were given. Just out of curiosity.

We leave for CBR on Friday! Are people still having issues with the room fax requests? I am planning on sending my fax today, but keep reading that it is better to call.

We leave for CBR on Friday! Are people still having issues with the room fax requests? I am planning on sending my fax today, but keep reading that it is better to call.

If you want to ensure your requests are read by the room assigners I would call. I just can't say with certainty that they accept/read faxed room requests.

Wow. That sort of throws everyone for a loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter