Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
themommy: Mickeystoontown can pull off that southern American accent even in her writing! :) hehe

I just write like I talk and that's with a lot of dang and what the heck and southern sayin's. LOL!

By the way, anybody know why the heck I can't quote any more? It won't allow me to quote a single quote or multi-quote.
Like EpcotBill stated directly above me...quote is not working but reply is. Things that make you go, HMMMMMM!!!

If you press quote now it saves the quote in lala land and then gives you the option to insert them in the bottom of the reply box. Beyond that...no idea!

We just got back yesterday from our first stay at CBR. We were there for 9 nights and really loved this resort. I was nervous about going mod again after doing BC and BWI in the last 2 years. Stayed Pop for a short trip and didn't care for it at all and POFQ a few years ago and didn't love it either. Thought I'd share a bit about our experience.

The only negative that happened during our trip was the check in process. I don't think it was CBR's fault but somehow our new MB were linked to a Keys to the Kingdom card from our stay at BC 2 years ago. It took the CM quite some time to straighten it out so they could reset the bands and make sure they were linked to our new room. I requested Jamaica 45 and ground floor but was originally placed in Jamaica 41. I asked if there was a chance of moving to 45 or 46 and she made a call and spent some time talking to the person who assigns rooms. With some maneuvering they got us on the ground floor in 46, room 4631 to be exact (and they moved my MILs room nearby). It was a lovely room with the murphy bed. Great location right around the corner from the bus and a 5 minute walk over to OPR and it faced the courtyard area. Also very convenient to the quiet pool, ice and laundry. Great size room for a family of 5 and plenty of storage and shelf space for our needs. The sliding doors were a nice touch when trying to get ready in the morning without waking the kids.

The CMs were all great. The resort was very quiet. I think once I heard a door close in the room next to us but otherwise never heard any noise at all from other rooms. The beds were very comfy and mousekeeping was good. Buses were much better than I expected after all the negative reviews. Many times we walked right out and onto a bus immediately. Including wait time for bus to arrival at our destination it took 19 minutes to get to DTD, pretty much always around 25 minutes to MK, Epcot was less but I can't recall exactly. HS seemed to be the closest park and we had trips there or back that were under 15 minutes even including wait time for the bus. Jamaica was often a first pick up or drop off point which was nice. We never once had to go around the entire resort. Longest was when they started at Martinique and when I timed it the bus took 10 minutes from there to Jamaica. All in all I'd say the bus service was on par with what we had at BC and BWI and better than what we experienced at Pop.

The kids LOVED the little splash zone area with the pirate ship and slides. It was perfect for our little guys who can't swim yet, but love to get wet.

The resort definitely has a very relaxed, laid back feel to it that we really enjoyed. We spent a little time at the beach lounging in a hammock just enjoying the view. My 6 year old was a huge fan of the arcade. QS never had long lines while we were there and fast service. Even with gluten free requests.

Bell services was also very quick and friendly.

We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Thanks for all the great info that helped us in planning for this trip!

Heather
Super weird, but we just got home today and had this room, too. Did you by chance lose a teal-ish colored child's fleece? I was checking before we left and found one that had fallen behind a drawer. I turned it over to the concierge this morning.

We've changed back to CBR! We've decided we want to fax in a room request. What must be included in the fax?

We've changed back to CBR! We've decided we want to fax in a room request. What must be included in the fax?

There's conflicting reports as to whether CBR reads any faxes sent with room requests. Your best bet is to call and add any requests to your reservation.

themommy: Mickeystoontown can pull off that southern American accent even in her writing! :) hehe

I just write like I talk and that's with a lot of dang and what the heck and southern sayin's. LOL!

By the way, anybody know why the heck I can't quote any more? It won't allow me to quote a single quote or multi-quote.

I've always had a good ear for accents and languages and when we're at WDW I find myself starting to copy the southern drawl and am soon y'all-ing with the best of them. It's very easy of fall into because it's such a relaxed and comfortable way of speaking. If I catch myself, I try to stop, in case the true southeners think I'm mocking their "accents". :rolleyes1

so much help on this thread, thank you! This is our first time at CBR (we've stayed at WL, Coronado Springs, POR-Riverside, and numerous off site flea bags, er, I mean hotels). We've gotten in on the free dining and have booked a King room......does anyone know how many King rooms are in each building? I know to request certain buildings and Jamaica seems to be our preference. At POR the King rooms seemed to be on corners.....just wondering about the layout at CBR. I booked this just this week as a result of vacation blues. We recently returned from our first trip to Europe and I need more Europe. EPCOT is close!

so much help on this thread, thank you! This is our first time at CBR (we've stayed at WL, Coronado Springs, POR-Riverside, and numerous off site flea bags, er, I mean hotels). We've gotten in on the free dining and have booked a King room......does anyone know how many King rooms are in each building? I know to request certain buildings and Jamaica seems to be our preference. At POR the King rooms seemed to be on corners.....just wondering about the layout at CBR. I booked this just this week as a result of vacation blues. We recently returned from our first trip to Europe and I need more Europe. EPCOT is close!

If my memory is correct there are 16 kings in each building, 8 on each floor.

Super weird, but we just got home today and had this room, too. Did you by chance lose a teal-ish colored child's fleece? I was checking before we left and found one that had fallen behind a drawer. I turned it over to the concierge this morning.

No, but we did leave plenty of other things, lol. A charger, a small purple carry on bag and whatever was in it and my hair clip. Not expecting to find them but going to call just in case. Thanks for asking though.

Are you clicking on Reply at the bottom right of the post? It took me a minute to figure it out because you don't click Quote anymore.

Well ain't that just a doozie! I wasn't doing that before and I was able to quote. I wonder if it will work with multi-quotes? Going to try that out now.

Just got an email that our room is ready! Jamaica 41. My only request was Jamaica.

So it says we can bypass check in. But we have a car. Do we need to stop and get a parking pass?

Just got an email that our room is ready! Jamaica 41. My only request was Jamaica.

So it says we can bypass check in. But we have a car. Do we need to stop and get a parking pass?

No, they are doing away with the paper parking passes. You will scan your Magic Band instead.

There's conflicting reports as to whether CBR reads any faxes sent with room requests. Your best bet is to call and add any requests to your reservation.
Okay, the only real request is to have a ground floor room.

But I think I'd either want to stay in Martinique 22 or Aruba 52. They seem pretty centrally located to the food court and main pool. Is that a pretty good bet?

Last edited:
Okay, the only real request is to have a ground floor room.

But I think I'd either want to stay in Martinique 22 or Aruba 52. They seem pretty centrally located to the food court and main pool. Is that a pretty good bet?

Aruba 51, Martinique 22 and Jamaica 45 are all about the same distance to OPR and the Main Pool. So any of those plus a ground floor sounds like a good request to me.

After trying for almost a month to get CBR with free dining, it finally opened up this morning so we switched from CSR. I'm so excited. We were booked last year, but decided to switch to CSR because of the kids pool refurb. BIG mistake because CSR was kind of blah and the food court was terrible. So joining in here getting super excited to finally stay at CBRparty:

Hello folks....I am very excited to move from POP to CBR!! (nothing against POP but would like that tropical feel this time) I never stayed here before.... Got the standard view...staying 9/5 - 9/13--Does anyone know what buildings are the standard view buildings?

Last edited:
After trying for almost a month to get CBR with free dining, it finally opened up this morning so we switched from CSR. I'm so excited. We were booked last year, but decided to switch to CSR because of the kids pool refurb. BIG mistake because CSR was kind of blah and the food court was terrible. So joining in here getting super excited to finally stay at CBRparty:

Good for you! Persistence does pay off. I honestly think that Disney may have staggered the release of some FD rooms this time since it seems there has been a steady trickle of availability after the initial surge at the release. Or those could just be cancelled/changed rooms from the original inventory. Who really knows?

And it looks like you'll be arriving a day or so after we leave. Have a great trip!

Hello folks....I am very excited to move from POP to CBR!! (nothing against POP but would like that tropical feel this time) I never stayed here before and not sure what to request for online check in. Any tips? Got the standard view...staying 9/5 - 9/13

The following are the closest non preferred buildings to OPR and the Main Pool.

Jamaica 45
Aruba 51
Martinique 21, 22 and 23

Each building is has only 2 floors, so there are no elevators. So not sure if that would make a difference as to requesting ground floor or upper floor. Our favorite is Jamaica 45 upper floor.

I will suggest that you call in any room requests. The options during online check in are predetermined and very limited. For example you can't request a specific building. Then just skip the request section during online check in. Doing it that way has always worked for us.

The following are the closest non preferred buildings to OPR and the Main Pool.

Jamaica 45
Aruba 51
Martinique 21, 22 and 23

Each building is has only 2 floors, so there are no elevators. So not sure if that would make a difference as to requesting ground floor or upper floor. Our favorite is Jamaica 45 upper floor.

I will suggest that you call in any room requests. The options during online check in are predetermined and very limited. For example you can't request a specific building. Then just skip the request section during online check in. Doing it that way has always worked for us.

Thanks so much!! :thanks:and also, Never realized that CBR only has 2 floors!!! (not that it makes a difference to me) (Climbed 3 floors at Pop last year!! ) :rolleyes1

By the way, what all buildings are Standard views??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter