Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are planning to enjoy a night at your hotel, you can't go wrong with a meal at Shutters. Years ago it used to get terrible reviews, but a new chef came on board and now the reviews are quite good. We ate there last year and quite enjoyed it. I often recommend Shutters for your arrival day or any night you want to enjoy your hotel.

I was thinking of shutters for our arrival night. Do we need advanced reservations or can we wing it?

So this is not a question specific to CBR, however this is where we're staying and I figured someone here could answer my question. We will be using the dining plan during our trip. Can I charge the tips for dinners onto my magic band and pay at the end of the trip for those charges along with any others with a disney gift card? It seems like a silly question, but I am trying to plan ahead with gift card purchases and wanted to know if this is going to work. TIA!

So this is not a question specific to CBR, however this is where we're staying and I figured someone here could answer my question. We will be using the dining plan during our trip. Can I charge the tips for dinners onto my magic band and pay at the end of the trip for those charges along with any others with a disney gift card? It seems like a silly question, but I am trying to plan ahead with gift card purchases and wanted to know if this is going to work. TIA!

Yes, you can charge the tips from table service, along with souvenirs/snacks you purchase throughout the day to your magic band. But, if you want to pay the magic band off with a gift card, I suggest going to the front desk every night or so and giving them the gift card to pay down the balance, or your run the risk of them charging your credit card you have to put down as the deposit. I noticed that when we hit over a $500 balance, our credit card on file was charged, then they started the balance over again. Also, if you are using the bands, make sure to tell them when you are getting a food/drink item, if you want it as a snack credit, or purchasing outright. Sometimes we bought coffee or another drink and didn't want it to count as a snack, since we were saving those to get treats to take home.

Thanks for your thoughts makes me feel much better about choosing shutters for dinner. Thanks!!

Another quick question. I was wondering what time the main pool and hot tubs usually close in November?

Last edited:
We will be at CBR with FD Dec 20-27th. We have a RO for the 26-27th, so still hunting for something to open up for our entire trip. So excited!! First Time at CBR, but we've been wanting to stay since I saw the photos of rooms for 5. :santa:

Was planning a trip Nov 7-14 at CBR, we have never stayed there and was really excited about it. Well I heard free dinning became available but that doesn't save us money but was waiting for RO discounts to come out. So today I check cause I was interested in a preferred room and they only rooms available is pirates . So I change us to the 8-14 which I really want that 7th and standard comes up. Do you guys think there is a glitch today or does CBR tend to sale out in November?

I've been checking everyday since FD came out and the 8th and 9th have either been entirely sold out or only pirate rooms have pretty much been avail. If you're including the 7th that's been almost sold out since before FD. With the marathon and jersey week ending on that day they've been filled. I had to change my reservations to the 8th.

Yes, you can charge the tips from table service, along with souvenirs/snacks you purchase throughout the day to your magic band. But, if you want to pay the magic band off with a gift card, I suggest going to the front desk every night or so and giving them the gift card to pay down the balance, or your run the risk of them charging your credit card you have to put down as the deposit. I noticed that when we hit over a $500 balance, our credit card on file was charged, then they started the balance over again. Also, if you are using the bands, make sure to tell them when you are getting a food/drink item, if you want it as a snack credit, or purchasing outright. Sometimes we bought coffee or another drink and didn't want it to count as a snack, since we were saving those to get treats to take home.

Thank you hskaggs11! Glad I asked, I'm not sure I would've checked to see if they were charging my credit card throughout the trip!

So excited to say that we will be staying at CBR 9/28-10/8! We stayed here many, many years ago. Can't wait to read up on it and rediscover this beautiful resort.

My apologies if this has been asked but we have a King Bed Room and I was wondering are King Bed Room types available in every "section"? Jamaica, Aruba..etc? I am trying to narrow down my preferences and keep reading Jamaica is the best. Thanks!

My apologies if this has been asked but we have a King Bed Room and I was wondering are King Bed Room types available in every "section"? Jamaica, Aruba..etc? I am trying to narrow down my preferences and keep reading Jamaica is the best. Thanks!
I asked this question a couple of pages ago myself and dansdad replied that he believes there are 6 king rooms on each floor in all of the buildings in each village.

I am so sorry to ask this again because I am repeating my question but I can't find my post now. What is the best way to have a cab either come to your room area or OPR? Also is it the internal bus that we need to take to CH to drop off our luggage on check out day before heading to parks? Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure this was already answered, but just in case.

You can get a cab at OPR if you want or you can have it pick you up at your building. Whichever is more convenient for you at that time. If you're already at OPR have the CM at the Concierge Desk call one for you. If you're in your room, call Bell Services and ask them to have one pick you up at your building.

You can't take luggage on the Internal bus so we always call Bell Services and have them take us and our luggage to CH.

Hey guys! Leaving in 7 days and packing my bags. Question - are there pool towels available or do I need to bring them? At CBR as well as at water parks?
Thanks in advance!

As @themommy stated, there are towels at the main pool but not the quiet pools. When we go to the Water Parks we grab some towels from the main pool or our room and then leave them at the Water Park. I spoke to the pool manager at CBR one trip and she said that all the towels from the resorts and the Water Parks are laundered at the same place. Or you can rent towels at the Water Parks.

I seem to remember someone looking for FD 9/25 at CBR... I remember this because that is when I'm going... Anyways- just wanted to give a heads up. There is a standard room available online 9/25-10/3 at CBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter