Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the Custom House is separate from Old Port Royale i'm not sure how to pass the time until the Magical Express comes at 2. Do I just sit around with my luggage?

IMG_1332.JPG
Since the Custom House is separate from Old Port Royale i'm not sure how to pass the time until the Magical Express comes at 2. Do I just sit around with my luggage?
You can drop your luggage off at the Custom House (if you can check them at the resort that's easy peasy, if not they'll still hold them for you) and then take the internal bus back to OPR. You can then grab a snack/drink and sit on the patio, if'n it's nice go for a swim (there are change rooms there), wander around the resort a bit more ... It's pretty boring (and sad) to sit at the Custom House for any longer than you need to!! When it's time to head back to catch the Magical Depress take the internal bus back.

BTW

Last edited:
View attachment 84891
You can drop your luggage off at the Custom House (if you can check them at the resort that's easy peasy, if not they'll still hold them for you) and then take the internal bus back to OPR. You can then grab a snack/drink and sit on the patio, if'n it's nice go for a swim (there are change rooms there), wander around the resort a bit more ... It's pretty boring (and sad) to sit at the Custom House for any longer than you need to!! When it's time to head back to catch the Magical Depress take the internal bus back.

BTW
Thank you for your help!

Hi,
We booked a BB last year for Oct 1-16 2015 @ CBR. I wanted to return to POFQ but my DH and DS's outvoted me.
I tried booking for Oct 31- to Nov 14 but only prefereed rooms were available. That is scary as I am afraid many large groups may have booked.

Please add us to the roll call. May 3-9 (me, DH, DS9, DS7)
We are so excited. This is our 3rd Disney trip, but our 1st at CBR! After looking at all the pictures in this thread- I cannot wait to be there!!
Looking for recommendations for room request. I have autoimmune arthritis and can tire a little easier. Would rather spend my energy in the parks rather than lots of back and forth at the resort. Which buildings do you think will help me out (food court, bus stops, pool)?
Thanks fellow disers!
~amy

Every village has its own bus stop and quiet pool, so you will close to one of them no matter where you are. The following locations are the closest non-preferred locations to OPR and the main feature pool:

Martinique 21, 22 and 23
Aruba 51
Jamaica 45

All of those are a 3-5 minute stroll to OPR and the main feature pool.

My dad is trying to convince my mom to switch from CBR to All Star Music suite! :(

I hope she toughs it out and we stay at Caribbean Beach.

Do standard rooms have fold-down beds? If so, are they found in all, or only certain buildings?

Do standard rooms have fold-down beds? If so, are they found in all, or only certain buildings?

Yes, there are standard rooms that have the Murphy Bed. There are some in every building, except the Pirate Themed rooms.

Can't wait! Our trip is booked: November 27 - December 5th! My second time at CBR! Looking forward to seeing all of the changes!

Just trying to figure out grocery situation. Coming in under 3 weeks, where can I expect to get fruit like apples and bananas? Calypso store or the food court or neither?

Just returned from a week at CBR in building 44 - Jamaica. Seems like 9 out of 10 buses used the entrance by Jamaica so we were the first bus stop. I would recommend Jamaica or Aruba to anyone not getting a preferred room and wanting both convenient bus stops and a close walk to the main pool and food court. I walked just about every evening and morning across the bridge to the foot court to refill the mugs and never grew tired of the beauty of this resort.

I was concerned about the size of the room for my family of 5 but it worked better than expected. My son who is 5'-11" slept on the murphy bed.

My only complaint about the resort is the housekeeping. I had issues 4 out of the 7 days. They kept forgetting to empty the trash or would only leave 2 sets of towels when it was clear that we had a full room of people. I complained but the problems continued. Also note that the sliding doors between the bathroom sinks and sleeping area do not offer 100% privacy, you can see around the sides of the doors and in between them when fully closed.

Hi,
We booked a BB last year for Oct 1-16 2015 @ CBR. I wanted to return to POFQ but my DH and DS's outvoted me.
I tried booking for Oct 31- to Nov 14 but only prefereed rooms were available. That is scary as I am afraid many large groups may have booked.

Not sure on groups...but Halloween night is always sold out for MNSSHP, so that could be a factor. The Wine & Dine Half Marathon is also the weekend of Nov. 6th-7th, so that could be obstructing your days you are looking for as well. It might must be that Halloween Weekend and the Half Marathon weekends are booked. Maybe try a split stay?

Thanks for the replies guys. One last question, specific to this resort, what drinks at the filling station can be used in conjunction with the refillable mugs aside from the normal soda? Do they allow juice of any kind for the kids? Iced tea?

We stayed at CBR for 10 days in the beginning of March. We have only stayed at deluxe resorts or offsite over our years coming to Disney as we have a family size of 5 - 10 people with our extended family.

Great resort would stay here again.
We used MDE and did online checkin but also stopped by the main building and I am glad we did as they had personalized buttons for the kids.
Transportation, we were thinking of getting a car rental as this was our first time without a car at disney. We did not need a car, IMO better to save the $ and stay an extra night. We only waited for a bus once more then 10 minutes over 10 days and most pulled up soon after getting to the bus stop.
We had early ADRs on two occasions and got a cab which pulled up right by our room. This was maybe $12 - $15 both times so a good choice if you need to get around quick but both times we did call ahead about 30 minutes.

Room, we were in Aruba 56 right outside the Aruba bus stop, this was great after a long day at the park.
When we checked in they said the walk to the main building would be about 20 minutes so to use the internal bus. I used the internal bus once (which took forever) and walked back to our room. The walk was maybe 5 minutes so for me I never used the internal bus again. My advice, on day one walk from your room to the main pool and Old Port Royale and see if the walk works for you. Nice short walk and so much to do from the kids playground to the big pool to the pool bar!
We used the food court at Old Port Royale a few times times which had a bunch of options and the gift shop had beer, snacks and cases of water for about $6.

Housekeeping was not at all what we are use to. We had to call for towels or Tp more then once and on our last day we came back to a room around 8 pm that was not cleaned at all and that was after leaving $5 2x hoping it would inspire the gal cleaning the room. Big problem and we let the hotel know about it but it looks like this happens a bunch at this resort.

Bell services could not have been better, we had a early 6 am flight out so we had to be at the MDE bus stop by 3:30 am. Bell services knocked on our door at 3:05 am and we were all still sleeping. Because of the time change our phone alarms did not go off. We luckily all had showers late the night before so we all got ready in 12 minutes while the bellman laughed the whole time. We made the MDE bus and he got a good tip.

Our last trip was at the BC at Christmas and while wonderfull with discounts we were able to stay at CBR for 3 more days and for less $$$. The 3 extra days really made our trip so CBR will be a top option for us on our next trip.

Please add my family to the Roll Call June 13-20. We stayed at CBR in 2012 and are so excited to get back there!

Welcome to the DISboards!

We're staying at CBR for the first time ever, same time you're there. We're excited, too! The resort looks amazing.

The busing is the only concern I have, but I'll just hope for the best. Also, I'll have to remember that I'll be comparing it to CSR from May, which isn't exactly apples to apples.

Hi Everyone - We are headed to Disney for the first week of May. Can't wait! We are hoping to book a bounceback offer to stay at the Caribbean Nov 11-18 of this year. Is there a chance this would be available? Preferably a standard or waterview room.. would take a preferred if that's all there is available. Thanks for any insight you may have!

We were just there a few weeks back and called for a bounce back ( ext 8844 on the room phone) and the person asked what dates we Were looking for. This is the first time we tried the bounce back thing so maybe others have had different experiences but they kind of acted like they did not know what we were talking about when we said bounce back but they offered to look for return dates that offer discounts. We scheduled a bounce back for the discount time from dec 11 - 23, 2015. I am sure they have other times available but that was a time we found that worked for us. We gave them a $200 deposit and the discount I Beleive was about 35 % and the package included room, tickets and dinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!