Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be at CBR June 9-15th! We are so excited! This is everyone in my family's first time to Disney in general and I'm happy with our choice of resorts. I can't wait to see it in person!!

Hello,
Our family would love to be added to the Beach Bum roll call. We are doing a split stay with CBR/BC. Over spring break. Checking in on March 14-18th in a preferred room. Celebrating my teen DD's birthday in Disney! It will be me, DH, DS9 and DD14. Looking forward to staying at this pretty tropical resort.

I am looking to mail a package of snacks ahead. Which address would I send them to and how far in advance? How do you address them?

I've never been then, but I've heard it's busy. I think there are a lot of schools off that week. A friend who is a travel agent went that week and said it was much more crowded than she expected.

We have been going this same timeframe since 2007. We usually check in on the Saturday before Columbus Day weekend, then leave the Tuesday after Columbus Day (usually 10 nights). The first weekend has great crowds, and they don't usually start getting heavy until the Friday of Columbus Day weekend. That was the case for many years anyway. When we went in 2013 the crowds were super heavy almost the whole ten days! It was crazy! We went to Disneyland last year in lieu of our WDW trip, but I had several friends there and they said it was pretty busy. Sadly, I don't think October is a coveted time to travel anymore with so many school systems going to a modified year round schedule with two week fall breaks (like ours). The weather is usually really good though, so I guess it isn't all bad :) We will probably continue to travel then though as it's still better than most summer crowds.
Thank you guys for the response! (and sorry for the delay - I've been in Wisconsin for the last couple of weeks on business and I am just now starting to feel my fingers) I think we are going to stick with original dates and hope for the best!

I don't see any addresses with this link. Am I missing something? Sorry

This was in post #1. You had to expand the quote in post #1 to see the whole thing. Sorry, the old version of the DIS board didn't make you have to do that to see the whole quoted text.

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort 900 Cayman Way Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

As for who to address it to you would want to address it like this:

The name of the person who is the LEAD name on the reservation (may not be you, but it is easier to find that way)
C/O the hotel you are staying at/ Front Desk
The address of the hotel
And put HOLD for guest check in and the reservation number if you're the dilgent type, it's not required tho.

So it would look something like this

John Smith
C/O Disney's Wilderness Lodge Front Desk
Reservation # xxxxxx
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830

This was in post #1. You had to expand the quote in post #1 to see the whole thing. Sorry, the old version of the DIS board didn't make you have to do that to see the whole quoted text.

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort 900 Cayman Way Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

As for who to address it to you would want to address it like this:

The name of the person who is the LEAD name on the reservation (may not be you, but it is easier to find that way)
C/O the hotel you are staying at/ Front Desk
The address of the hotel
And put HOLD for guest check in and the reservation number if you're the dilgent type, it's not required tho.

So it would look something like this

John Smith
C/O Disney's Wilderness Lodge Front Desk
Reservation # xxxxxx
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830
Thanks for the information. Do you know anything about having water shipped to this resort? Thanks

How likely is it to get the area/building that you request? It looks like Jamaica 45 is a great spot. I like the idea of the what sounds like a beautiful (and fairly short) walk over to OPR for a light breakfast each morning!

How likely is it to get the area/building that you request? It looks like Jamaica 45 is a great spot. I like the idea of the what sounds like a beautiful (and fairly short) walk over to OPR for a light breakfast each morning!

Really hard to say. It all depends on occupancy and how many others request the same location. Just an FYI though, we have requested upper floor and Jamaica 45 three times and got it both all 3.

....The store now has Caribbean Beach specific merchandise (as I sit here sipping out of my newly acquired CB coffee mug)....

If you have any questions, I would be glad to answer what I can.

I wish they would have had that in September when we were there! :( Would love more details on what they have, and I wonder if I could order from home?

Glad you had a great experience!

Just wanted to let you all know that I added a lot more pictures of the CBR to my trip report. I took a walk around the resort and documented (via pictures) some of the room views, the landscaping, buildings, pathways, etc. You can find the link to my trip report in my signature and the links to the individual posts in post #2 of the report. The last three (or so) posts are the ones that have the pictures on them.

Quick question...

Looking to book a last minute trip in 2 weeks. I would prefer a preferred room to be close but can not find out if they have all been remodeled yet. Last update a month ago said building 26 was being worked on but have they done Trinidad yet? If not, I guess it is a 50/50 chance of getting one, correct? I am debating whether it is worth it.

Also a little nervous about cheerleader groups. Has anyone been there when large groups like that have been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter