Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions-Old Thread-New Thread Link in Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beach Bum roll call has been updated. When the Dis had a makeover, I stopped getting email notifications which put me way behind. If I missed your dates, please post them and I'll get you added.

Our dates have changed. We'll be there November 13-22 instead of November 17-29. :)

I am so pumped for our trip! All of your questions/comments/reviews are getting me excited. We are surprising our girls (14 and 8) the day before our flight and so far have kept the secret...it will also be our daughters' first time to fly which they have been asking for. Thank y'all for all your info, will be there 5/26-5/31

Subscribing to this thread! I am planning to take my niece for her high school graduation in Feb 2017. Yes, two years away, but I am a planner and want as much info as I can get on this resort!! We are doing 6 nights here and 2 at the Poly! I can't wait!!

Our dates have changed-we'll be checking in 6/18 instead of 6/19. Yay for another Disney day!

Hi Everyone~ I have read thru a lot of the pages and what a great job the Admins have done! AMAZING detail, so TYVM! Few questions, 1) From what I have read you can see fireworks going off from one of the parks on the grounds of the resort, can anyone tell me where you can see them ? 2) Does anyone know why they did away w/ the boat rentals? and lastly 3) I have read that when returning to the resort, CBR is always the last bus stop to walk to, is that true?

TIA :)

Hi Everyone~ I have read thru a lot of the pages and what a great job the Admins have done! AMAZING detail, so TYVM! Few questions, 1) From what I have read you can see fireworks going off from one of the parks on the grounds of the resort, can anyone tell me where you can see them ? 2) Does anyone know why they did away w/ the boat rentals? and lastly 3) I have read that when returning to the resort, CBR is always the last bus stop to walk to, is that true?

1. You can see the higher fireworks from Illuminations (Epcot) from the bridge, outside Shutters, the beaches of Martinique, OPR and Trinidad North.
2. They did away with the boat rentals at all the moderates. The company line is that there wasn't enough interest to keep them going.
3. That has not been our experience. Our last couple trips the order/location of the bus stops at the parks change almost daily.

1. Also, try the Jamaica pool. Not too bad to see illuminations.
2. Not cost effective.
3. Depending on the park, may be closer at some and further at others. MK is usually fairly good distance, but not so much at DTD, EPCOT, and Hollywood studios.

Ok. I've read back over as much of this thread as I could and see conflicting info. So, if we're booking CBR (our first stay there) with two kids and three adults in a standard room...we'll most likely have two queens/double and a pull down? Or, just two queens/double for sure...and maybe a pull down? If those questions make sense! We're going in November of this year.

I just don't want to sleep with my crazy clock like moving three year old and my DH. ha. So, if his older brother can sleep on the pull down and i can throw the younger bro in with my mom...we'd be all set!

Ok. I've read back over as much of this thread as I could and see conflicting info. So, if we're booking CBR (our first stay there) with two kids and three adults in a standard room...we'll most likely have two queens/double and a pull down? Or, just two queens/double for sure...and maybe a pull down? If those questions make sense! We're going in November of this year.

I just don't want to sleep with my crazy clock like moving three year old and my DH. ha. So, if his older brother can sleep on the pull down and i can throw the younger bro in with my mom...we'd be all set!

If both of your kids are over the age of 3 you are guaranteed a room with 2 queens and the Murphy Bed. If one, or both, of you kids are under the age of 3 there's a possibility you'll get a room with 2 queens and no Murphy bed.

And, unless you're booked in a Pirate Room you will have 2 queens not doubles. All the doubles will be changed out to queens by May.

If both of your kids are over the age of 3 you are guaranteed a room with 2 queens and the Murphy Bed. If one, or both, of you kids are under the age of 3 there's a possibility you'll get a room with 2 queens and no Murphy bed.

And, unless you're booked in a Pirate Room you will have 2 queens not doubles. All the doubles will be changed out to queens by May.
Thank you so much for the quick response. They will be 3 and 7, so we should be good to go :)

We are checking into CBR tomorrow night. I've been stalking this thread for awhile. I just want to thank everyone for all the great information.

Thanks!!!

Jodi

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter