The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go!

DSCN1491.JPG

DSCN1492.JPG

Feel free to link this to the first page of the thread!

Thank you for sharing these pictures!! We paid for the water view room and I can't wait!! This looks amazing!!

We are traveling with my sister-in-law and her family and were wanting connecting rooms. Are there connecting rooms in all of the buildings? We have requested Jamaica 45, specifically.

We are traveling with my sister-in-law and her family and were wanting connecting rooms. Are there connecting rooms in all of the buildings? We have requested Jamaica 45, specifically.

Yes, every building has connecting rooms.

Does anyone know if you can request egg whites for omelets or scrambled eggs at the CBR food court? How much hassle is it? Any tips? TIA :)

I was wondering the same thing! I know it was no issue at AoA food court since the omelets were made to order, but i'm not too sure how they are made at CBR since it's not "build your own omelet" (like at AoA).

Hopefully someone else knows! I do like to treat myself on vacation but I prefer egg whites to yolks anyways - just trying to save some calories for dessert ;)

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

So i just read the thread about snakes at WDW....and I am freaking out.

Can anyone tell me if there is any covers under the beds at the CBR? My WORST nightmare is a snake hiding under the bed.

If you have a pic of what the bed-skirt looks like, it will be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE HELP!

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

So i just read the thread about snakes at WDW....and I am freaking out.

Can anyone tell me if there is any covers under the beds at the CBR? My WORST nightmare is a snake hiding under the bed.

If you have a pic of what the bed-skirt looks like, it will be greatly appreciated.

PLEASE HELP!

there IS no "under the beds" at Disney. all the beds have hard "walls" going all the way down to the floor.

I wouldn't worry, we ahve been to WDW 24 ties and have only seen a snake once in the bushes at Typhoon lagoon. just stay out of the bushes, landscaping, etc. and you'll be fine.

there IS no "under the beds" at Disney. all the beds have hard "walls" going all the way down to the floor.

I wouldn't worry, we ahve been to WDW 24 ties and have only seen a snake once in the bushes at Typhoon lagoon. just stay out of the bushes, landscaping, etc. and you'll be fine.

From your experience, is the room door safe?

Like, is the bottom gap big enough for a snake to get in?

We have stayed at the CBR for many many years now and we have never seen or heard of a snake in a room there. Now, we have seen two snakes over those many trips but they weren't near our room and they were small. I wouldn't worry about them too terribly much especially about them coming into the room. I am absolutely positively terrified of snakes and keep a keen eye out everywhere we go. The biggest snake that we have seen at Disney was actually in the middle of Mouse Gears in Epcot.

The door is a regular door. There's not enough room for a snake to crawl under it when it's closed. A snake could come in while MouseKeeping was cleaning but that would be highly unlikely. Snakes don't like people. They don't want to come in your room any more than you want them in your room.

Hi Everyone. I am new to the DIS and this is my first post. I have only been to WDW once when I was younger and am starting to plan a future trip for my family. I am so overwhelmed! I can't believe how many resorts there are! I don't even know where to start! I am thinking that we "might" be able to afford a moderate, and if so, it think I like CBR the best so far. What are some advantages of staying at CBR versus the other moderates? I like the decor and pool area. What else is there to compare? If we can't afford a moderate, I like AOA. Any comparisons? Why is CBR one of your favorites? I also love the looks of the Poly if we can afford it, but I haven't even looked at prices yet since this is just a though right now. Is there a huge difference in price between CBR and say the Poly? There was a thread earlier in this forum that didn't last very long, so I want to ask what other resorts you have stayed at and how do they compare to CBR?

Thanks!

Hi there everyone! I just wanted to thank you all again so much for all the great information on this thread- my DH just surprised me telling me that he has upgraded our reservations to WL!!!! I was shocked and so excited our first deluxe stay here and have always wanted to do that- I sure do hope to have the opportunity of staying here at some point in the future and so thank you all for that. Hope you all have incredible and amazing vacations!!

Hi Everyone. I am new to the DIS and this is my first post. I have only been to WDW once when I was younger and am starting to plan a future trip for my family. I am so overwhelmed! I can't believe how many resorts there are! I don't even know where to start! I am thinking that we "might" be able to afford a moderate, and if so, it think I like CBR the best so far. What are some advantages of staying at CBR versus the other moderates? I like the decor and pool area. What else is there to compare? If we can't afford a moderate, I like AOA. Any comparisons? Why is CBR one of your favorites? I also love the looks of the Poly if we can afford it, but I haven't even looked at prices yet since this is just a though right now. Is there a huge difference in price between CBR and say the Poly? There was a thread earlier in this forum that didn't last very long, so I want to ask what other resorts you have stayed at and how do they compare to CBR?

Thanks!

So I can't really comment on the resorts for myself personally; haven't been in a few years, but I used this thread to "explore" the resorts I liked.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2876920

I also found it helpful to check on the Disney official web site and compare costs, amenities, etc.

Best of luck!

We have a reservation at CBR for September 2015. We are three adult ladies, and while we don't mind sharing a bed (especially now that there are queens available) we were interested in a cot. Would that be possible in the room? or are we better off with the inflatable mattress? Is that even allowed? TIA!

We have a reservation at CBR for September 2015. We are three adult ladies, and while we don't mind sharing a bed (especially now that there are queens available) we were interested in a cot. Would that be possible in the room? or are we better off with the inflatable mattress? Is that even allowed? TIA!

We brought an inflatable twin size mattress for our son to sleep on and just propped it up against the wall every day. Mousekeeping just cleaned around it.

We have 2 large teenaged boys who don't like to share a bed - even a queen - so we usually take an inflatable twin with us to WDW. We don't deflate it - just stand it up against the wall during the day. We have never been given a hard time, so I guess it is okay.

We plan on doing the same thing next month but bought one with a pump built in, so it deflates with the pump in about a minute which will allow us to store it each day.

MissMaryQC said:
So I can't really comment on the resorts for myself personally; haven't been in a few years, but I used this thread to "explore" the resorts I liked.

I also found it helpful to check on the Disney official web site and compare costs, amenities, etc.

Best of luck!

Thanks! I have been looking there but wanted opinions from some CBR fans as well!

Of the moderates, we've only stayed at CBR and POR and prefer CBR. POR is nice and have stayed their 2x, but we just like the theming and over all feel of CBR. IMO the pool and food court is better at CBR. Both being moderates they have the same amenities. The hot tub is great after a long day at the parks. Never stayed at AoA and probably won't since I don't have little ones anymore. As for the Poly, I would say there is a substantial price difference between the two.

Hi Everyone. I am new to the DIS and this is my first post. I have only been to WDW once when I was younger and am starting to plan a future trip for my family. I am so overwhelmed! I can't believe how many resorts there are! I don't even know where to start! I am thinking that we "might" be able to afford a moderate, and if so, it think I like CBR the best so far. What are some advantages of staying at CBR versus the other moderates? I like the decor and pool area. What else is there to compare? If we can't afford a moderate, I like AOA. Any comparisons? Why is CBR one of your favorites? I also love the looks of the Poly if we can afford it, but I haven't even looked at prices yet since this is just a though right now. Is there a huge difference in price between CBR and say the Poly? There was a thread earlier in this forum that didn't last very long, so I want to ask what other resorts you have stayed at and how do they compare to CBR? Thanks!

I will send you a PM with all of my thoughts when I'm back at the resort tonight-I've stayed at 12 (I think) of the resorts, value to deluxe and villas. However I will say that there is a massive difference in price between CBR and Poly- Poly is second most expensive resort at WDW, with rooms upwards of $400 per night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter