** The NEW 2012 Confirmed Snacks Thread** Add yours here!

PJHuntleyCO said:
We normally go to Boulangerie Patisserie for snacks and I heard someone on a podcast say they don't do snack credits anymore - Has anyone eaten their snacks there in the last month on the dining plan? Thanks leaving in a few days...

We were able to use them in December, maybe someone can comment that has been more recently than that.

ADDED- I just checked SW and the 29th in the cheapest day of the month for them. Though $203 one/way not so cheap. Sunday, the 30 is $270! Hope prices come down a little before book. Right now it's $413 plus, plus RT That's quite a bit more than we have paid in the past. :(

i live in canada and our flights are TWICE that. our taxes are out of this world and account for 25% of the cost. i'm very glad we live close enough to a u.s. airport that we can fly jet blue or we would go a heck of a lot less than we do.
our flight for october is $297 return with jet blue and $21 dollars of that is tax. if we were to take our a canadian carrier (west jet is the cheapest) it would be $513 with $136 of that being taxes. its insane here.

i live in canada and our flights are TWICE that. our taxes are out of this world and account for 25% of the cost. i'm very glad we live close enough to a u.s. airport that we can fly jet blue or we would go a heck of a lot less than we do.
our flight for october is $297 return with jet blue and $21 dollars of that is tax. if we were to take our a canadian carrier (west jet is the cheapest) it would be $513 with $136 of that being taxes. its insane here.

Yikes! You are lucky you can fly from USA. I forgot until last week that I have over 50,000 points on SWA so DD and I can fly for free and I'll have enough credits to pay for part of my DM's flight. Now just to get her to agree to how long we are going for. Every years it's a big debate! :confused3

I would like to hear back from someone about Boulangerie too. The bad news for us is when we go in October it's scheduled to be closed for renovations. :sad2:

Yikes! You are lucky you can fly from USA. I forgot until last week that I have over 50,000 points on SWA so DD and I can fly for free and I'll have enough credits to pay for part of my DM's flight. Now just to get her to agree to how long we are going for. Every years it's a big debate! :confused3

I would like to hear back from someone about Boulangerie too. The bad news for us is when we go in October it's scheduled to be closed for renovations. :sad2:

:scared1: What dates are they closed?? I've been dreaming about their Napoleon!

thanks so much for this thread! going to the world for the first time this december and this list is an invaluable resource!!!

:scared1: What dates are they closed?? I've been dreaming about their Napoleon!

I'm so glad you asked! I googled it and found this posted today on Disney's site

It’s all happening behind the scenes, but by early December, Bistro de Paris in the France Pavilion at Epcot will have a whole new look plus a new name, and by mid-December, a new bakery will be open. Guests may not even notice the construction, as the downstairs Les Chefs de France remains open, as well as the Boulangerie Patisserie bakery and pastry shop.

Major Changes are Coming to the France Pavilion at Epcot

We talked with Jerome Bocuse, president and owner of the company that runs all three – and son of world-famous Chef Paul Bocuse – about the upcoming changes:

Tell us about the new bakery.

JB: We have a new building under construction at the back of the pavilion [the theater exit area]. We’ll have a bread oven, and do baking for all three restaurants there in a show bakery.

Are you changing the Boulangerie Patisserie menu?

JB: We are expanding the menu to add salads and sandwiches so our guests can have a meal in the bakery, with about 90 seats.

And what happens to the old pastry shop?

JB: It’s our new Glacier ice cream parlor!
So the good news is the bakery will remain open while remodeling! I'm happy to read that.

Just wanted to leave a quick thanks for this thread. I've used the info here as a frequent resource for our November trip. Many thanks and happy snacking!

Thanks for putting this list together! I hope all these continue into 2013 snacks options as we're going in January!

I still have to look closer for other great gems, but knowing that 2 of my favorite desserts at WDW can be enjoyed for a single SC is awesome! They are the Pineapple float at Aloha Isle and the Plaza Ice Cream Sundae, both at MK! I thought they would be too expensive for a SC! :mickeybar

Does anyone happen to know what the options are when using the DDP at a resort food court(like contempo cafe) for lunch or dinner what the dessert options are? I was hoping it was more choices then in the parks like the chocolate and carrot cake. Can u get a cupcake or Mickey crispy bar instead? Thanks!!

You're welcome! That's what I've done the past few years when jjohnson was doing this. I'm just following in her footsteps. ;)

Have a great trip! If you find anything new to add, or remove, from the list, please report back. Thanks. ;)
I'm printing it out for my trip too. Thank you so much for compiling this, it will help us out so much!!!

In your opinions, what are some of the best uses of a snack credit? I'll be 5 1/2 months pregnant when I go in October and there are some things I've never tried. Are there some hidden gems I'm missing? And yes, I know about the Dole Whip...and sadly, I do not like them....gasp!

plutojen26 said:
In your opinions, what are some of the best uses of a snack credit? I'll be 5 1/2 months pregnant when I go in October and there are some things I've never tried. Are there some hidden gems I'm missing? And yes, I know about the Dole Whip...and sadly, I do not like them....gasp!

Food and wine!!! You can use snack credits and sample lots of yummy food. That's what we are going to save most of our SC for! :)

We leave for our trip in a couple weeks and I have been wondering how I will access this great list during our trip. I considered printing it but it is just too big and I don't want to have to carry all that around. The other night, on a whim, I searched the Android market for Disboards and found the app. Now I can easily access my subscribed threads for which this is one. Now I will have this great list at my finger tips on my smart phone! Hooray and bring on the snacks!!!

Yay!! Just found the dis on iPhone app- now I can take this list when we go so I don't miss any of the snacks I may have missed!
Thank you so much for putting this list together and I'll be sure to update you on any others I find when we are out there!

thanks for the list. this will be very helpful during my trip...we leave on friday! :cool1:

I have just updated many of the locations at AK thanks to easywdw.com. The large fountain service drinks went from $2.89 to $2.99. The packaged desserts are also up. Ice cream novelties are up 25 cents.

As of now AK is mostly done. The other parks are to come later. Also note that the coffee kiosks have made changes to what is allowed as a SC. I have only changed the ones at AK so far. I will change the remainder over the past few days. Stay tuned.

I have just updated many of the locations at AK thanks to easywdw.com. The large fountain service drinks went from $2.89 to $2.99. The packaged desserts are also up. Ice cream novelties are up 25 cents.

As of now AK is mostly done. The other parks are to come later. Also note that the coffee kiosks have made changes to what is allowed as a SC. I have only changed the ones at AK so far. I will change the remainder over the past few days. Stay tuned.

I refer to the list on here quite regularly, although I haven't posted on here for a while, but I just wanted to stop in and thank you again for all your hard work in keeping our lists up to date to help us plan to get the best out of our snacking options :thumbsup2

Your help and dedication is really appreciated :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter