• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Never Ending Dining Review! Feb/April 2015 Update: Cowish

Glad you are back! We ate at Pinocchio in 2013 and didn't like it at all, but it looks like the food has changed since then. We may have to give it another try!

Oh my gosh. Your meal at Mama Melrose looks fantastic! DH & I had thought about booking a Fantasmic package for next year but couldn't decide which restaurant to do. I'm thinking Mama's just got bumped up.

I agree with the QS options at HS. I love a cheeseburger & chicken nuggets as much as the next person but sometimes you want something that you can't get everyday back home.

Welcome back! Hope you are having a good summer.

Glad your meal with Pinocchio was good. It gets panned a lot but we enjoyed the flat breads in the past too.

Yeah I had heard a lot of negative things - I don't know if we just hit it on a good day or what but we were pleased!

Glad you are back! We ate at Pinocchio in 2013 and didn't like it at all, but it looks like the food has changed since then. We may have to give it another try!

I heard the menu has changed quite a bit recently, I never tried it before so I don't know but we at least enjoyed it now!

Oh my gosh. Your meal at Mama Melrose looks fantastic! DH & I had thought about booking a Fantasmic package for next year but couldn't decide which restaurant to do. I'm thinking Mama's just got bumped up.

I agree with the QS options at HS. I love a cheeseburger & chicken nuggets as much as the next person but sometimes you want something that you can't get everyday back home.

I think Mama Melrose is probably the best restaurant in Hollywood Studios in terms of food aside from Brown Derby which is way more expensive. 50's Prime Time and Sci-Fi are fun for atmosphere, but we've had two delicious meals at Mama Melrose!

We are thinking of trying the Pinocchio Haus in early September, just because it is one of the only QS we have not tried yet in MK, glad to hear it was good, I hear mixed reviews of it on here. I like the fact you can sit upstairs and see IASW that sounds fun. Enjoying the reviews

We are thinking of trying the Pinocchio Haus in early September, just because it is one of the only QS we have not tried yet in MK, glad to hear it was good, I hear mixed reviews of it on here. I like the fact you can sit upstairs and see IASW that sounds fun. Enjoying the reviews

Yes that's why we did it and were pleasantly surprised! We also sat upstairs and really enjoyed it - plus it was almost completely empty at the time, there was only one other family.

Your Village Haus meal looks pretty good. A lot of people give it awful reviews! I'm glad to see a positive one, we'll have to try here sometime.

Be Our Guest!

I'm excited to now share a review of what is probably our favorite restaurant! As you might be able to tell from my profile pic I'm a huge Beauty and the Beast fan, and while the food is very good it's really the atmosphere that I love so much. We were originally going to try and get a group of people to eat here that had done the race with me, but only one was available/willing so we just met my one friend for dinner!

Unfortunately a will start with the bad of this meal, which was our server. While very nice, he seemed to be all over the place - I don't know if he just had way too many tables or what was going on but we saw him so rarely. It took 20 minutes for him to take our drink orders (at which point we ordered everything since we were beyond ready), and then another 20 to bring our bread. We were really hungry by this point so just some bread earlier would have made a big difference. And then once the bread was there the food came out about two minutes later. Luckily the food was delicious as always, and we were having a nice time chatting and were in no rush. But it would definitely have been so frustrating for some.

But on to the good stuff, which is the food! I got the Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops - Seasonal vegetables served in puff pastry with a creamy lobster sauce:

I've had this before and it's definitely my favorite thing on the menu that I've tried. It's normally served with mushrooms which I don't care for so I get it without them. I do think if I could have something else instead of the musthrooms it would have a little more dimension but I love it nonetheless. The scallops and shrimp are big juicy ones, and the lobster sauce is so good. Plus you get all that bread with it! I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

DH got Herb-Crusted Lamb Rack - with a stone-ground mustard demi-glace served with buttered celery root and seasonal vegetables:

He said it was really good - surprising how good it is for in-park food, though he commented that the prices go up every time we visit and soon it may not seem worth the price. He gave it an 8.5 out of 10.

For dessert DH had the grey stuff - chocolate spongecake topped with Lumiere's special "grey stuff" :

He refuses to give any other comment other than to say, "try the grey stuff, it's delicious." :rotfl:He did give it a 9.5 out of 10.

For my dessert I went with one I hadn't tried before - Triple Chocolate Cupcake - chocolate sponge cake, chocolate mousse filling, and chocolate ganache :

Obviously being "triple chocolate" you expect this to be very chocolately. Luckily I am a big fan of chocolate! :thumbsup2 I enjoyed this, it was good chocolate cake although nothing super unique or anything. But it was moist and had great flavor. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.

Overall despite the issue with our server we loved Be Our Guest and would give it a 9 out of 10. I've had dinner at Be Our Guest I think 5 times now, and this was the only time we had any sort of issue so I hope it was just a one time thing!

Looking at my receipt I apparently also ordered a $16 glass of champagne. I know it was awhile ago now (February) but I have no memory of this whatsoever lol. DH had a glass of wine.

Lamb rack: $28.99
Grey Stuff: $4.19
Champagne: $16.00
Shrimp and Scallops: $26.99
Side of french fries: $3.49
Chocolate cupcake: $4.19
Wine: $9.00

Tables in Wonderland discount: $13.57

Total after discount with tax and gratuity: $95.82

Total saved on this trip with TiW so far: $52.61

Your flatbreads look delicious :)

They were good! Much better than Pizza Planet or Pizzafari in my opinion. :)

Your Village Haus meal looks pretty good. A lot of people give it awful reviews! I'm glad to see a positive one, we'll have to try here sometime.

I know, I had heard so many bad things! Maybe we just got lucky but it was a good meal. We did go pretty early, maybe around 11am, so perhaps stuff when better when it was fresh and just open.

I haven't tried the Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops from BOG yet, but it really does look yummy!

We had the same experience with our waiter at BOG, I think it was just really busy and he was running around to too many tables. I was with a group of four of us, and everyone LOVED their meal- except me. I ended up getting the pork chop (I think it was the mac and cheese au gratin that blinded me) and it was just okay. We're planning on going back on our next trip, and I'm definitely getting the shrimp and scallop puff pastry. It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing

I LOVE that dish at BOG. We have been for dinner twice. Last trip we tried lunch which we really liked. Reading your report makes me want to go back for that shrimp and scallops again.

We had lunch at BOG the last trip. We enjoyed it. Going November 11 -21 this year. We have BOG reservations for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Everything for dinner looks great. My hubby had the lamb a few years ago and thought it was tasty. We had lunch there in May and loved it.

My stomach is growling! Everything looks so tasty.

It is delicious!

I'm enjoying your review!! You have had some unique things. pooh:

Thank you! We are definitely adventurous eaters :)

We liked BoG for dinner as well. The grey stuff dessert was my favorite part.

Mmm, grey stuff! I had a Beauty and the Beast themed birthday party this past year and my friend made grey stuff for it!

Drooling!!

Me too!

I haven't tried the Sauteed Shrimp and Scallops from BOG yet, but it really does look yummy!

You should try it, it's delicious!

We had the same experience with our waiter at BOG, I think it was just really busy and he was running around to too many tables. I was with a group of four of us, and everyone LOVED their meal- except me. I ended up getting the pork chop (I think it was the mac and cheese au gratin that blinded me) and it was just okay. We're planning on going back on our next trip, and I'm definitely getting the shrimp and scallop puff pastry. It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing

That restaurant is so huge it makes me curious how many servers they have at a time and how many tables they are assigned to. It must be crazy for them!

I LOVE that dish at BOG. We have been for dinner twice. Last trip we tried lunch which we really liked. Reading your report makes me want to go back for that shrimp and scallops again.

It's definitely my favorite there!

We had lunch at BOG the last trip. We enjoyed it. Going November 11 -21 this year. We have BOG reservations for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

That is amazing. I am dying to try breakfast there!

Everything for dinner looks great. My hubby had the lamb a few years ago and thought it was tasty. We had lunch there in May and loved it.

We like lunch too! And I'm hoping to try breakfast eventually.

Glad BoG worked out so well for you despite the service. And good to know you can get the scallop and shrimp dish without mushrooms. It's always sounded good to me, but I won't go within 10 feet of a mushroom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter