The Name Change

nicelady

Earning My Ears
I suspect it will become completely obvious by the end of this message why I like hanging out on the "solos" board, as opposed to the "family" board.

When I was in WDW last April, I bought my AP under the name of "Brown". Since then, I have finally legally changed my name back to my maiden name, "Smith". I've been single for well over a year now, but for professional reasons, couldn't make the change until now.

My AP says "Brown"on the back. When I go back in January and, if for some strange reason my finger scan doesn't work, then what do I do? All my legal ID is now in the name of "Smith". Should I carry a copy of my divorce decree to WDW to prove my identity? Carrying my divorce papers on vacation...that sounds like a real treat, huh?

Any ideas? Anyone else ever dealt with this issue before?

I really am a nice lady. It was he who left physical bruises on my body before I left him. I don't think Mickey would approve of his behavior. No siree.

The Official Disney site.
They have a contact spot, and could give you some advice.
What you can also do is once your finger scan passes, go to the guest services window and explain the situation to them.
What will probably happen is that they'll issue a new AP in your legal name. The information from your old pass (type, expiration date) will roll to the new correct name pass.

I hope that this helps....

Good suggestion about seeing guest services and straightening it out after I pass the finger scan. Hate to do it, but I think I'm gonna go ahead and take my court papers with me to Florida. I'd hate to fly all the way down there and not be able to use my AP and have to buy another pass of some sort just to get in. Then I really would have a reason to be bitter over the divorce!(LOL)

I hope that you have a great time without that horrible man!!!!!

I left an abusive relationship in much the same way and I admire your courage. I will hope that you can find all the happiness in the WORLD when you visit Diney next and hopefully you will be able to forget him for a while.

Thank you for your honesty and I hope that you don't need to show the papers while there. Have a great time...

Samantha

Sending pixie dust your way nicelady! ~*~*~*~**~~**~*~*~*~*~*~
enjoy mickey and soak up the magic!

I just wanted to say that I'm glad you found a way out of such a bad relationship.

Hopefully no one will give you a hard time about it. I'm sure that type of thing happens all the time.

Divorce is never easy for anyone. It's been well over a year since our separation and divorce. I've most recently moved across the country and left him, his last name, and that part of my life behind. I'm happy and feeling surprizingly emotionally healthy.

I know I'll have a great time at WDW as a solo. I had a super time when I went in April, 2001 and took my niece and nephew. But this trip in January is for me.

Thanks for the pixie dust and good thoughts from all you DIS'ers.:)

I was wondering you could contact Disney ahead of time and have them send you a new AP. THey have a way to process address changes on your AP, it seems like they could do this! You could just send them copies of whatever they need and have it over and done with!

You have plenty of time before you return to WDW. If I were you, I would send a photocopy of the current card (front and back) and a copy of the divorce papers to whatever address is listed on the card. (If there is no address listed, call CRO or another main Disney number; they may be able to provide the correct address.) Explain your situation and express your desire for the name change. I'm sure they'll comply. Then you can enjoy your vacation without worrying about finger scans and divorce papers.

I had to post this I'm also getting a divorce and my last name is Brown and I will go back to my madian name (no children). My husband unlike yours is still in Love with me but told me he thinks I would be better off with someone else. The first week I moved out I was really upset. But it does get alot better. I'm not divorced yet the husband is kind of dragging his feet calling me everyday for un important things. But hopefully we can get a divorce by the end of the year. We agreed on everything I let him have the house i get the 401k. It was actually pretty easy. I'm also planning a trip for 2002 in April my mother and a friend are booked at the all star movies for a week. At 26 I'm finally doing things for myself and not for some else who is 10 years older and acts like my father and not my partner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!