The Murphy's are LIVE from WDW and Kidani! March 21-28 and April 2-5

Dinner at Narcoossee's was awesome as usual! We had the perfect table right at the window.

3B9DC103-6861-468A-AFAC-7308776957E1_zpsk0caeu3f.jpg

I had the lobster bisque followed by the whole 2 pound lobster :cloud9:

D3FE9F00-80F6-447A-96C9-7987BCFE74A1_zpshddhfxgf.jpg

48F636E3-A892-4561-9B6D-C7A2C1AF1FC4_zpstohg0m2b.jpg

And a birthday dessert :)

78C14868-8D59-4351-B2BC-4CF3C26EE252_zpso6bg9ejo.jpg

Today was just over the top, everything was fantastic and I feel so lucky to be here having this great day. Thanks so much everyone following along ... You guys are my Disney family :grouphug: :disrocks:party:

Tomorrow we are headed to Animal Kingdom!!!!! :goodvibes

So glad you had a happy birthday! Thanks for sharing it with us! You are helping me count down my last few days before BC CL. check in is Saturday! Whoop!

What a great b-day!!! Your boys are still so fun for their ages. My oldest DS turned into grumpy a couple years ago. I can still count on DS13 though.
DS17 says he's sick of Disney but when he's there he has fun. It's so sad for me. I guess bc I never thought that would happen.

Off topic: I just had to share my DS17 got accepted to Seminole State. He is on the wait list for UCF ( his first choice, so we're a little sad) but he can transfer.
Also UMASS but he wants to go to FL! :)

What a fantastic birthday!! No place better in the world to spend it then the Magic Kingdom :love: Great report - hope you're having another awesome day :flower:

Oh that lobster looks yummy! Our TA actually told us to get FP+ for everyday we are there even if we think we might not do a park. She warned if it was super busy we may just want to hit a park on an off day just to get to ride our FP+ items. Can't wait to see AK!!!

Great bday, Erika! We're on our way today - just received the text with our room number!

Also, read that Trader Sam's is 21+ after 8pm. :( So only 4-8pm for us this trip.

Great bday, Erika! We're on our way today - just received the text with our room number!

Also, read that Trader Sam's is 21+ after 8pm. :( So only 4-8pm for us this trip.
Have a great trip!

And a gift for myself :D I needed a new bracelet to put all my charms on anyway and this one was made especially for WDW, you can't get it anywhere else, it has Cinderella's castle on the clasp :)
The bracelet is beautiful. You'll have to post a picture when it is loaded up with charms. ::yes::

Thank goodness for fastpass!!! I feel like I say that every day but if we wouldn't have had 3 we wouldn't have rode a thing today.
I see by the earlier picture that BTMRR had an 80 minute wait. :faint: When people complain about fp and how it has ruined their trips, there are many other instances of fp saving a trip. I like the new fp system. I really think that it is the increased park attendance that has made lines so much longer, not fp+, but then that is an argument that will continue without agreement for a long time. ;)

I had the lobster bisque followed by the whole 2 pound lobster :cloud9:
Your dinner looks delicious. Have you ever had the lobster bisque at Les Halles - the French bakery in Epcot? I like that version and was wondering how Narcosse's soup compares to it.

Today was just over the top, everything was fantastic and I feel so lucky to be here having this great day.
I'm glad that you had a great birthday. It looks like your sons enjoyed it, too. :goodvibes

What an awesome day today was!!!!! :D

The kids and I spent the day at MK being silly and celebrating! So many great pictures to share... here are a few

Got my birthday hat! A tradition we started a couple of years ago.....

FDCDDCB7-5EA4-4EF8-AD88-1F94E285D3E4_zpsrcsiobp2.jpg

109E09B8-27EF-403F-A852-CAFC222170CE_zpsuxjswcfo.jpg

And a gift for myself :D I needed a new bracelet to put all my charms on anyway and this one was made especially for WDW, you can't get it anywhere else, it has Cinderella's castle on the clasp :)

443D9020-9360-4664-B05D-B4B82A3C2DB9_zpsdsrtgahe.jpg

I took tons of pics today, I just wanted to capture this moment of being at WDW with the boys .... they were playing on Tom Sawyer Island when I snapped this one:

9EE4A1F4-E84B-4401-BDE6-93AC8C89B3D4_zps4uwueqal.jpg

182D63BB-C6CA-4D8F-AFC6-ACA06193EC09_zpse96chilf.jpg

Man oh man the park was crowded today!!! But we were prepared for the insanity....

D58EBE6C-660A-43B8-B439-A9E1C3DBD6F3_zpsus0bugwd.jpg

5B191EEB-6195-4FE8-BED5-689DD8B26789_zps9fm5g3qh.jpg

AF95A7B7-3695-44BA-80EF-0C8DD2C7578B_zpsanmjft40.jpg

FD0E9295-97CD-405C-9A1A-30A8FB8C7AEC_zps7byncovs.jpg

Got my second mug!!!! :D

595E5AB3-D67B-4CBD-B582-003A3D423AA9_zpswg8yv56j.jpg

526F3EAA-7BFF-4399-B2DC-ADEF2B4F41A1_zpspql4pi5t.jpg

Thank goodness for fastpass!!! I feel like I say that every day but if we wouldn't have had 3 we wouldn't have rode a thing today.

Up next... dinner report! :D
Oh my, your boys are so big now! I remember when you did the Travel Channel show and they were in strollers :D. But then, my two are now turning 18 & 20 in a few months, although we never get older, right? Enjoy your visit. I'm a little sad to not be there right now along with you but moving our trip to Memorial Day hopefully will work out better as we will be celebrating the younger ones' graduation.

Last edited:
Just back from AK! :D Boy oh boy it is tore up from the floor up as the kids would say! :rotfl: Walls and construction everywhere. Even more than when I was there in January. You can really see the top part of Avatar now, that thing is HUGE :scared1: plus lots of work going on around the tree of life, up and down the entire river, the new starbucks location, walls and walls everywhere you go. Fastpass is a lifesaver, I don't understand why anyone would go and wing it unless they just want to suffer on purpose. LOL :crazy: We came in and did our 3 things, had lunch at Yak & Yeti (quick service) and then left. I don't think I'll be back to AK for a while... sort of the same way I feel about the Poly and Downtown Disney.... it's just so hard to enjoy anything when it's a mess like that. Even Connor said "they're ruining my immersion!!" :lmao:Sometimes I think it would be better just to close the whole park down, or maybe limit construction to one area at a time. It's a bummer when the whole park is affected and you feel like you can't get away from it. Really only the very back part of Africa is the same.

Just back from AK! :D Boy oh boy it is tore up from the floor up as the kids would say! :rotfl: Walls and construction everywhere. Even more than when I was there in January. You can really see the top part of Avatar now, that thing is HUGE :scared1: plus lots of work going on around the tree of life, up and down the entire river, the new starbucks location, walls and walls everywhere you go. Fastpass is a lifesaver, I don't understand why anyone would go and wing it unless they just want to suffer on purpose. LOL :crazy: We came in and did our 3 things, had lunch at Yak & Yeti (quick service) and then left. I don't think I'll be back to AK for a while... sort of the same way I feel about the Poly and Downtown Disney.... it's just so hard to enjoy anything when it's a mess like that. Even Connor said "they're ruining my immersion!!" :lmao:Sometimes I think it would be better just to close the whole park down, or maybe limit construction to one area at a time. It's a bummer when the whole park is affected and you feel like you can't get away from it. Really only the very back part of Africa is the same.

Yuck, but good to know. We're doing AK tomorrow, and I was wondering about the status. The walls in January were already kind of distracting, so not good news. (My marathonfoto pictures include a ton of action shots in AK with just construction walls as the background - looked funny, but I guess they didn't have many non-construction areas to photograph on the course!)

How was Y&Y quick service? Thinking of lunch there tomorrow, but would rather hop to Epcot for the F&G stands if the boys can wait long enough!

So glad you had a happy birthday! Thanks for sharing it with us! You are helping me count down my last few days before BC CL. check in is Saturday! Whoop!

Have a great trip! :D

What a great b-day!!! Your boys are still so fun for their ages. My oldest DS turned into grumpy a couple years ago. I can still count on DS13 though.
DS17 says he's sick of Disney but when he's there he has fun. It's so sad for me. I guess bc I never thought that would happen.

Off topic: I just had to share my DS17 got accepted to Seminole State. He is on the wait list for UCF ( his first choice, so we're a little sad) but he can transfer.
Also UMASS but he wants to go to FL! :)

My boys are grumpy, don't let these pictures fool you. They rotate between a range of emotions from "I want to go home", "I'm sick of this place", "Can we go back to the hotel now", and punching each other. LOL ;) Sometimes I can just catch them in a fun goofy mood and I have to take advance of it. I think it's normal for teenagers to get sick of it, especially when they've been coming multiple times a year their whole life, but I find that once we get over the initial fight they do have fun. And at least it gets them off video games for a while! :D My oldest says he wants to come down for the CP and I told him if he does that I'm coming too! ;)

Oh that lobster looks yummy! Our TA actually told us to get FP+ for everyday we are there even if we think we might not do a park. She warned if it was super busy we may just want to hit a park on an off day just to get to ride our FP+ items. Can't wait to see AK!!!

It was soooooo good, really juicy and cooked perfectly. :)

Have fun!!!!! Bummer about TS's but I'm not surprised. I could probably leave my kids here at Kidani and they'd never notice I was gone. :D

The bracelet is beautiful. You'll have to post a picture when it is loaded up with charms. ::yes::

I see by the earlier picture that BTMRR had an 80 minute wait. :faint: When people complain about fp and how it has ruined their trips, there are many other instances of fp saving a trip. I like the new fp system. I really think that it is the increased park attendance that has made lines so much longer, not fp+, but then that is an argument that will continue without agreement for a long time. ;)

Your dinner looks delicious. Have you ever had the lobster bisque at Les Halles - the French bakery in Epcot? I like that version and was wondering how Narcosse's soup compares to it.

I'm glad that you had a great birthday. It looks like your sons enjoyed it, too. :goodvibes

I will do that! I can't wait to put the charms on and wear it! :)
Narcoosee's bisque I would put up against any I've ever had anywhere. It was fantastic!

Oh my, your boys are so big now! I remember when yo did the Travel Channel show and they were in strollers :D. But then, my two are now turning 18 & 20 in a few months, although we never get older, right? Enjoy your visit. I'm a little sad to not be there right now along with you but moving our trip to Memorial Day hopefully will work out better as we will be celebrating the younger ones' graduation.

I often think about those stroller days , I miss it :sad: I've already told my boys they better give me lots of grandchildren and especially GRAND DAUGHTERS so I can finally do the Princess thing!! princess:

Yuck, but good to know. We're doing AK tomorrow, and I was wondering about the status. The walls in January were already kind of distracting, so not good news. (My marathonfoto pictures include a ton of action shots in AK with just construction walls as the background - looked funny, but I guess they didn't have many non-construction areas to photograph on the course!)

How was Y&Y quick service? Thinking of lunch there tomorrow, but would rather hop to Epcot for the F&G stands if the boys can wait long enough!

My boys love it! Nic ate two orders of chicken fried rice and pork egg rolls. It's good and cheap! ;)

Not many pictures today. Nothing really to take a picture of except walls.

18DD097A-A0EA-41F6-8308-484DC356ADF2_zps7eias2m6.jpg

My boys are grumpy, don't let these pictures fool you. They rotate between a range of emotions from "I want to go home", "I'm sick of this place", "Can we go back to the hotel now", and punching each other. LOL ;) Sometimes I can just catch them in a fun goofy mood and I have to take advance of it. I think it's normal for teenagers to get sick of it, especially when they've been coming multiple times a year their whole life, but I find that once we get over the initial fight they do have fun. And at least it gets them off video games for a while! :D My oldest says he wants to come down for the CP and I told him if he does that I'm coming too! ;)

I often think about those stroller days , I miss it :sad: I've already told my boys they better give me lots of grandchildren and especially GRAND DAUGHTERS so I can finally do the Princess thing!! princess:

I have often wondered this same thing (will my kids get sick of WDW?) especially since we are moving to The Villages next week and will less than an hour away. I can already tell my DS2 will be my WDW buddy more than my DD6. His first word was Mickey. And p.s. if your mom moves to The Villages, I'll have to let you borrow my DD to do the princess stuff with (It is very fun!!) :cutie:

Glad to see you had a wonderful birthday, we've been packing the past couple of days so I didn't get to respond to your question about the dinner shows... we've done the pirates one (good show, horrible food), dixie stampede (RIP) and Mediveal Times (pretty good all around but I hated the no utensil thing)

Well, from experience I can say that our girls are a bit tired of the mouse (or so they say), but Amy did go wit hJeff and I last March and enjoyed BOG lunch tremendously. Kelly, our college sophomore, hasn't been since her high school graduation. She was quick to make fun of her Dad and I and our spontaneous (or semi spontaneous) trips but she was happy when the upcoming one falls during her break before summer classes begin. She has been able to make two trips with us to US/IOA though ;) . She used to roll her eyes when Disney was mentioned until her friends would find out that her Dad and I were going (usually F&W trips) and beg me to take them. That made her start rethinking. And her best friend makes no qualms about it, she's asking me to take them to US/IOA in the fall for HHN! Now that Amy will be in college too maybe we can make a fall trip!

Just back from a fun night at the AMC Fork & Screen!!! :) We saw Cinderella!!!! princess: It was really cute and my boys even made it through just to make their Mom happy. :love: Frozen Fever was also adorable. :cloud9:

I have often wondered this same thing (will my kids get sick of WDW?) especially since we are moving to The Villages next week and will less than an hour away. I can already tell my DS2 will be my WDW buddy more than my DD6. His first word was Mickey. And p.s. if your mom moves to The Villages, I'll have to let you borrow my DD to do the princess stuff with (It is very fun!!) :cutie:

Glad to see you had a wonderful birthday, we've been packing the past couple of days so I didn't get to respond to your question about the dinner shows... we've done the pirates one (good show, horrible food), dixie stampede (RIP) and Mediveal Times (pretty good all around but I hated the no utensil thing)

I'll be at the Villages with Mom starting Saturday for four nights. More house hunting, oh joy! ;) I'd love to borrow your daughter, I could have used her tonight for Cinderella!!!! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter