The most Magical Vacation EVER!!!!

SraRaton

Earning My Ears
OK - I never thought I would post a trip report, but I have to because of the absolutely perfect vacation we had!!!!

We had no problems getting to the ship - our flight was on time, our bus left right away, our driver was hilarious. We all gasped when we saw how large and majestic the ship was. Our staterooms were 7505 and 7507. They were absolutely immaculate. Our hostess was Grinda from India and she kept our rooms perfect. Our baskets from the Perfect Gift were waiting for us and they were great and just what we had discussed. However, we had so much food on the cruise that we did not eat many of the snacks . . . Next time I would get more things and less food . . .
We then went to the Spa - Surial Bath was full, but we were put on the waiting list and had an appointment for the next morning by DINNER TIME! We made our Palo's brunch and dinner reservations with no lines, no problems. Then we went to the buffet. The food was good for buffet food, but the fast food on the ship is AWESOME and on our next Disney Cruise we will skip the buffet and chow down on yummy chicken fingers, burgers and PIZZA!!!

We explored the ship, and then headed to Animator's Palate for dinner! The food was wonderful and Tim (from Croatia) and I-Made (From Indonesia) were absolutely wonderful. We always let Tim pick for us and we did not have one bad meal aboard the ship!!!!!
Then the kids wanted to go to the kids club. We dropped them off and changed into our suits and went and watched the sunset from the hot tubs at the Adult pool. We had to drag our kids (especially our 6 year old) out of the club.

Next day we had the character breakfast and it was very organized, my pancakes were yummy and we saw Chip and Dale, Mickey and Minnie, Captain Hook and Goofy. Everyone was wonderfully behaved and the characters got all around the tables.

Had the Surial bath that morning. It was lots and lots of fun. However, the water was scalding and we had to go shower in the changing room and come back. However, to their credit, they had maintenance looking at it as soon as the room was empty. We would certainly do it again!! They gave us the rainforest room for free that day, but we did not use it, because we wanted to spend the afternoon with our kids.

We went to the pools that day (and several other times) and they are crowded which is to be expected. However, the only problem I saw was lack of parental supervision. I had no problem asking kids to not jump on other kids if they did not have parents to supervise. The lifeguard did also interfere with some of the bigger kids that were out of control. The responsibility for the kids is the PARENTS job, not Disney's!!! The pools were not closed any of the times that we were there. We had fun at the pools, but we expected the crowds and did not expect to swim, but mostly to cool off.

We went to Dinner with our children that night all dressed up, but we nibbled on an appetizer because we had Palo's reservations. Our kids went to the club at 8:30pm and we went to dinner.

YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY - do not miss Palo's. TRUST ME!!!! The service is great, the food was freshly prepared and to die for. The lights could have been more intimate, but that is a minor complaint. It is definitely worth going.

We also had brunch with ERIKA at Palo's later in the week and it is also a DON'T MISS!!!! Wonderful wonderful food!!!!

The islands were all great - we liked St. Maarten the best. We spent some time on Long bay (rough undertow, but no crowds) and then went to Friar's Bay and had the best afternoon of our lives. Ate wonderful food at Kali's bar! Played in wonderful gentle water! Just BEAUTIFUL.

We went to Sapphire Beach on St. Thomas and it was rainy. We were glad to go back to the ship after lunch, but the island is beautiful and I am sure with more time to explore we could find a beach more to our liking!

Castaway Cay was GORGEOUS but the family beach is crowded! The BBQ was yummy and the Conch Coolers are very refreshing. We got a paddle boat. Warning stay on your boat - we got fussed at (in a lovely Disney manner) for getting out and playing in the water.

The Captain and Hotel director were super nice and stopped by our table at the Captain's Gala. Answered our questions and made us feel very special.

Special goes to describe this entire vacation. Everyone had a very friendly, upbeat attitude. The kids had lots of fun every day in the club. In fact we were suprised that they wanted to go every day! We usually went for a schedule activity, but they liked the free time there too! The ship was immaculate!!! We ate and ate and ate! I did gain 4lbs. It probably would have been more, but we took the stairs all of the time. The few times we took the elevators, they were not crowded and we never waited even a full minute for an elevator.

The shows were great. We went to Hercules, Who wants to be a Mouseketeer and Disney Dreams. Make sure that you take your kids to Disney Dreams and do not send them with the kids club. My kids were in AWE and I would not have missed their reactions to this WONDERFUL show for anything in this world.

I could keep going on and on, but my fingers are tired and I would be happy to answer any questions, just email me at lstacey1@midsouth.rr.com.

I am definitely going to cruise with Disney again!!!
:bounce:

What date did you sail? Did you just get off the ship on Sat.? I'm glad you had such a great time.

Hi Stacy???
Don't know if that is you but we did have a GREAT week, didn't we?

We watched the magic sail off from our Hilton room 6/2 in the rain (poor guys!), and the Wonder in port as we left this morning!

Great report! Mine to follow..(YAWN!!...later)!

Jacquelyn:cool:

I enjoyed reading about your trip. We just got back from the 3-day Wonder and I am already impatient for our 7-day (3/01) trip! Thanks for posting! :D

SraRaton,

Hi. Glad you had a MAGICAL trip. My family is going on it's 1st real Disney vacation in November. We will be in Disney for 4 days on the Wonder for 4 days and one last day at Universal Studios before heading back to the real world.

Just one quick question??? What are the ages of your kids? I have a ds 10, dd 5 & a dd which will be 4 the day we come home. I'm glad your kids liked the clubs. I know my older 2 will love them. I am just not sure about my dd who is 4.

Thanks for the great report!

dahess

Hi! Just got back from our 7/14 -7/21 cruise on the Magic and had a wonderful time. As soon as the LAUNDRY is complete, I will post a trip report!

But, I had to reply to this post since we had the same server and asst server. We thought I-Made was great, but I was very disappointed with Tim. After reading so many great stories on these boards about how the servers went above and beyond, and brought different dishes for the table to try, etc. I guess my expectations were set a little high.

Tim is finishing up his third contract and will not be signing on again and it showed. He seemed bored with the whole process, nothing we said or did perked him up at all, and we felt he pretty much ignored our 7 year old. (who was very well behaved the entire trip. Our seat mates couldn't get over the fact that she was only 7!)

It certainly put a bit of a damper on the whole experience - especially when you saw other tables really enjoying interaction with their servers. I-Made was a sweetheart, so the entire dining experience was not ruined. But, I would have to say I was not pleased with Tim's service at all. (We did tip above the recommended, though, because I thought it might perk him up a bit for the next cruisers. Now, I'm not sure that was the best thing to do, if we had gone with the "recommended" only, he may have realized he needed to get back on track.)

Anyway - I just had to add my 2 cents! The cruise was wonderful and we would do it again. Back to that LAUNDRY!!! :jester:

We were on the 7/7 cruise and had Erika at Palos for both the brunch and dinner. She was wonderful! We had a great time with her and she made sure we did not go away hungry.

Thank you so much for your trip report. I am taking the 3 day cruise in May and was thinking that I would miss Palos (we really don't want to miss any of the dining rooms in the rotation. It seems that Brunch is the solution. :)

Does anyone know if they offer the brunch on the three day cruise. I would assume so but you know what they say about assuming!!!!!

Thanks again.

Seth C. Berman
goofyfanatic

Hi, we just got back from our 7/21 cruise. We also had I-Made and Tim - Table 41. They were both good and smiling. He did tell us he had very little time left. I cannot compare with other servers or previous cruises though. He posed. On Hawaii night, he came over and pulled me up to dance. He seemed happy enough. I must say though on Sat. am for breakfast (morning after tipping) - the rest. seemed deserted. Very quiet and slow atomsphere. Not many smiles. I thought they must be exhausted, they work very late and had to be up and ready for 6:45 am breakfast sitting. My husband said, I bet they are not happy with tipping - but we also tipped slightly above the recommended amount.:confused:

Besides getting off to a very rainy start and having some overcast weather here and there, our cruise was EXCELLENT!!! Our Server was Gabby and our Assistant Server was Plamen. Gabby is a real sweetheart and works diligently throughout the week providing excellent service. Plamen works hard too and is very pleasant. We tipped them the requested amount even though we missed two dinners with them. One night we ate at Palos and another night we decided not to dress up and have a burger by the pool (my husband's idea ... that'll never happen again! I live for my dinners on the ship!) Gabby only brought out something extra at our last dinner, whereas on our last Disney cruise, our Server, Salvatore, continually brought out extra dishes for us to try. We loved that!!!! We were blessed enough to have Salvatore as our Server when we ate at Palos Monday night and he hasn't changed a bit! Still bringing out extra goodies for us to fill up on. He's a wonderful waiter!!!! Ask for him and you won't regret it. We tipped him great that night!!! Palos is definitely a dining experience you do not want to miss! Ask for a table by the window and take in every moment from then on! You'll have one of the most memorable dinners of your life! We can't wait to plan our next vacation with DCL. We're hooked! Our kids are as well!

We met Salvatore up at Paolos. Our waitor introduced us to him because he comes from my husband's home town. We tipped everyone slightly above the recommend amount and were wondering if this was adequate.

We only tipped Salvatore a much higher amount because we knew him from before and he provides OUTSTANDING service. We tipped our dinner servers the required amount because we missed 2 dinners with them. Had we been to dinner every night, I'm sure we would have tipped them a higher amount. We gave everyone else just a few dollars above the required amount. Actually, I think the required amounts are pretty generous, but I also think the crew members earn every dime of it!!! Disney has the best service ... you definitely get what you pay for!

Wonderful trip report! We are not going until 11/02, but I am already psyched up reading trip reports. This will be our second cruise, and the first with our girls ages 16, 13. 365+ days and counting!

Hi, I have enjoyed reading your trip report. I am so hungry now lol. Thanks for taking the time to post them.

:D Dina :D

I have been reading responses to kids and the club. I have a 10 & 9 year old who both have already started in they do not want to "go to the kids club" Can you share any specifics that will help me get them excited?

We do have the Disney tape of cruise but it doesn't go into too much detail for the kids club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter