The most fantastic, magical things can happen ............... Day 03 Update/July 18

dizneeat

DIS Veteran
The most fantastic, magical things can happen, and it all starts with a wish!
Jiminy Cricket

A wish, a BIG wish, the wish to return to WDW for Flower and Garden!

Hallo and welcome to another one of my TRs ………

Who we are ………

We are a brother and sister team who share a love for everything and anything Disney and enjoy travelling together.

IMG_6606.jpg

First there is Tom, who works for the PO here in Austria. He has recently discovered Geochaching and I guess it will need to be included into future travel.

He lets me do all the planning and is very easygoing when it comes to doing special events or excursions.

We both love to sample new foods and enjoy the “American cuisine”.

I am Karin, teacher by day, travel planner by night. Growing up in Austria we always read the Mickey Mouse cartoons, but we did not have the same exposure to the “Disney phenomenon” as many of our US friends had.

So, on our first visit to California in 1992 we were not even sure if we should pay Disneyland a visit, it was all geared towards kids, or this was what we were told by the TA. Well, once we had made it to Los Angeles we thought we might give it a try and as soon as we walked under the railway station and had a good look at the castle we were hooked. We spent three days at Disneyland and cut Universal a day short and our sightseeing in Los Angeles was cut short too. Ever since we have been huge fans of the Disney parks.

In 2009, when I had a milestone birthday I wanted to do a once in a lifetime Disney cruise. We went on a four night Bahamian cruise with a group of Disney fans and had a blast. And even though this should have been a once in a lifetime experience, we were rebooked by day two. Now this summer we are going to take our 16th Disney cruise, a Panama Canal crossing.

Why am I mentioning this? Because I would like to use this TR as a planning journal for this trip as well.

What is it all about ………

Now the trip you are going to hear about is one that we “did not see coming”.

Let me explain.
In the fall of 2014 I booked two flights to Orlando for our summer vacation in 2015. Unfortunately we were not able to go to WDW in 2015 and the flights were non refundable. So, what to do? I thought about it, and in the end I could not let 3000 Euros go to waste, so I called and asked what could be done. Lufthansa was nice enough to push our flights “forward” and Easter looked like the perfect time to travel to WDW. Now, with the missed summer 2015 vacation it had been a year since we had last been to WDW and the last visit had just been 3 half days, because we had been on a cruise for Tom’s 50th birthday. So we were really looking forward to our 10 day trip to WDW.

logo16_zpsghtz6is6.jpg

And here’s a little preview of things to come …….

Day 1, March 20

IMG_8104_zpsdjkza9k5.jpg

IMG_8124_zpsgvk1gctk.jpg

Day 2, March 21

IMG_8137_zpssrcnp38k.jpg

IMG_8176_zpsgjuy1iav.jpg

Day 3, March 22

DSC_0802_zpsyf1uercy.jpg

IMG_8209_zpsl7ywpyaa.jpg

Day 4, March 23

DSC_0825_zpsrry5jcnq.jpg

IMG_8275_zpslnx9kphp.jpg

Day 5, March 24

IMG_8308_zpsmdukdgx0.jpg

DSC_0985_zpsdthzlhzi.jpg

Day 6, March 25

IMG_8399_zpslcafgi7f.jpg

DSC_0192_zpsyipd5pb4.jpg

Day 7, March 26

DSCN0470_zpsxrddbf6w.jpg

IMG_8480_zpsoykbyyvv.jpg

Day 8, March 27

IMG_8592_zpsjksqcjj6.jpg

DSC_0419_zps9pjip5sf.jpg

Day 9, March 28

IMG_8653_zps6vbn2wla.jpg

IMG_8690_zps4ntdju8m.jpg

Day 10, March 29

IMG_8704_zpsoiuxw36e.jpg

Care to join us for this vacation and help planning the next one?

Last edited:

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about this make up trip!

Jill in CO

I am here! So, three trip reports going at the same time? You are a courageous lady! :rotfl2:

WooHoo......another lightning fast TR to fall behind on...... :rotfl2:

Thanks for the bat signal. Signing on. .....will have to read the intro later. :goodvibes

Oh, Karin, I am so happy to be along for the adventure! If I had known, would have tried to get down for a couple of days to spend a day or two with you and Tom. An email simply cannot catch us up enough!! :hug:

I miss following your TR's...it is almost like spending time together. Now that I can type easily again, you can count on me to be be here. Love the pics and can hardly wait to hear more. :)

Big hugs to you both! :grouphug:

Woohoo!!! A brand shiny new TR!!! Thanks Karin I am definitely missing F&G and looking forward to your wonderful pics :hug:

I'm leaving for my Solo trip tomorrow night! I'll gladly join you on your review! Looks like FUN!

Joining Karin! Love all your cruise TRs! They are so epic and I'm sure this trip will be as well!!
We were at WDW a few weeks before you this year. It looked like you had an amazing time!

Thanks for sharing. Great pictures

:welcome: Great to have you!

I'm here! Can't wait to hear all about this make up trip!

Jill in CO

:welcome: Jill!
You are always one of the first to sign up! Thank you!

I am here! So, three trip reports going at the same time? You are a courageous lady! :rotfl2:

:welcome:my reliable German friend!
And to answer your question, yes, sometimes I need a bit of a challenge. :rotfl2:

Joining in! Will come back and read up soon!

:welcome:Alison!
Thanks for signing up and have a great vacation!

Hooray! Another Karin and Tom trip report! I'm excited to hear all about your travels.

:welcome:Lisa!
It's great to know that so many DISfriends are still interested in our travels. Thanks for signing up!

We left right before you arrived. Looking forward to your TR!

:welcome:
Great to have you here!
I hope your trip was as fun as ours. We had a blast!

WooHoo......another lightning fast TR to fall behind on...... :rotfl2:

Thanks for the bat signal. Signing on. .....will have to read the intro later. :goodvibes

:welcome:to another lightning fast TR!
Let's see how far you can fall behind. :rotfl2:Happy to have you here.

Yea!!!! Another trip report. Off to read now. Thanks!

It's awesome to have you here as well. I hope you are going to enjoy this TR as much as we enjoyed the trip.

Oh, Karin, I am so happy to be along for the adventure! If I had known, would have tried to get down for a couple of days to spend a day or two with you and Tom. An email simply cannot catch us up enough!! :hug:

:welcome:Christine!
It's great to see you back on the DIS and joining in here again!
Maybe we can get together on another trip - we'll stay for 2 weeks in August before our Panama Canal cruise. We really need to meet in person soon.

I miss following your TR's...it is almost like spending time together. Now that I can type easily again, you can count on me to be be here. Love the pics and can hardly wait to hear more. :)

I still have two other TRs going on, Christine, so if you want to catch up on our travels, there's lots of reading material.

Woohoo!!! A brand shiny new TR!!! Thanks Karin I am definitely missing F&G and looking forward to your wonderful pics :hug:

:welcome: Jeanette!
Flower and Garden was awesome, but I can hardly wait for our next trip and I really hope that you are going to be a part of it. I learned a lot of you - I am changing resorts like crazy! :rotfl2:

I'm leaving for my Solo trip tomorrow night! I'll gladly join you on your review! Looks like FUN!

Great to have you here! Have an awesome and magical trip!

joining in!!!

:welcome:Jen!
We did some new things for us and I guess they might be interesting for you as well. :thumbsup2
[/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter