The McSparklesons Sail the Magic... AGAIN! $500 Potato Chips! 3/13

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by karajeboo, Apr 11, 2012.

1. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

Have a great cruise!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. nrod

nrod Mouseketeer

Don't really need to tell the DisMoms to have fun...hope you all brought your Depends and Tissues this year. :lmao: Have a wonderful time!!!

4. hardingk

hardingk DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Have a great time!!! You will love the Dream!!!

Btw, 2 cruises in a month!!! Lucky you!! That will be me in a few months!!!

5. karajeboo

karajeboo DISmom by land and by sea!

I'll be there!!!! We will be in matching black shirts - just look for 4 DOTDs in our hands!!!! Wait, 4 chicks, 2 hands each, multiply, carry the one, that would be EIGHT drinks!!!! :lmao:

I will for sure!!!

Thank you!!!

Thank you Kristi! Are you doing screen shots again???

Locked and loaded!!!! ;)

6. tony64

tony64 <font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font

We had the same second server on our cruise, he came to the table stinking of cigarettes and was very slow, our servers were so bad friends of ours reduced their tips.It didn't ruin the holiday but it was not as magical as our friends wanted our 1st Disney cruise to be after all the wonderful things they had told us about Disney cruising.
    We are staying in the Keys on our next holiday so I'm really looking forward to your next instalment.

7. Beth D

Beth D DIS Veteran

Kara, I have to admit that by the end of the cruise I was one of "Those folks". I let DS wear shorts to dinner on the last night...

It was more of a laundry issue, we didn't have any more clean pants! And I had even done laundry the day before semi-formal night to wash them again! He just kept getting everything so dirty. It also didn't help that we had another family at our table who let their son (same age as my guy) wear shorts the last 2 nights too...

Have a great cruise!

PS - a tip we learned from college spring break many years ago and a bladder bust event - Depends are good for 2 gos, so unpack 1/2 and put more booze in the suitcase! :rotfl2:

8. karajeboo

Soooo excited! Although it will be a different experience without my family and that makes me a little sad. Although if I can report back that I LOVE this ship, then I think our NYE Fantasy cruise should be in the bag!

Our server Gusti was great - very professional, prompt, knew our wants and tastes, but Stiliyan was just slow. It's like he didn't get it. Now there was a table of 9 nearby that took up a lot of their time, but I think the asst server is primarily responsible for drinks, right? So why couldn't he come pour our wine???

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

As for shorts in the dining room, its not so much a big deal in a case like yours, and with little ones, but when people openly brag about it BEFORE the cruise, that they aren't going to pack any pants for their kids because it's THEIR vacation and they'll wear what they want..... that gets me. :furious:

I just find it totally disrespectful to not at least attempt to follow the guidelines. We saw one family wearing jeans and t-shirts on formal night. Part of me wonders if they were just not informed? Did absolutely no research? Did nobody tell them there's a formal night on most 7 night cruises? Or did they just not care? That's what gets me..... People like you I only give a slight snarl too..... j/k! :rotfl2:

9. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

Matt has a soccer game at 4:00 tomorrow. If I get home in time before you sail I will get some shots. Have one of those fruity drinks for me :)

10. tony64

tony64 <font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font

It's true Tilley ( our golden retriever) is getting on a bit but she can still spot a chewy from a hundred yards away.;)

Being an English gentleman I find it only proper to compliment a lady,specially one form the South. Where there quite a few south belles in your family tree?

PS good opertunity to have a few words with Minnie while your here, make sure she stays clear of Jeff in the future. ;)

11. brookelizabeth

brookelizabeth <font color=red>Jambo Wildbunch Gang<br><font colo

I'm late to see you off, but I hope you are having a fantastic time!!!

12. PizzieDuster

PizzieDuster DIS Veteran

I am loving your trip report! :flower3: All the pictures and especially the videos! :cool1::cool1:

Thank you for having the index on page one! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read more! :cheer2:

13. rndmr2

rndmr2 DIS Veteran

I was a couple updates behind, so I am getting caught up, Great first day!

I hope you have a good time on your Dream cruise!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you guys get back! :cool1:

14. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Have a great DisMom's Cruise! Can't wait to ready all about it. :goodvibes

15. anewmac

anewmac Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

what she said!

16. karajeboo

I had one..... or 7..... :rolleyes1

You are soooo sweet! And THAT is why you are my favorite! ;) No southern belles in my family tree. In fact, Ally is the first true "GRITS" (girls raised in the south) in our family. I was born in Missouri and raised in Ohio so I will never be a "real" southerner..... But I could never move back north, I just LOVE the south - the food, the people, the weather, the culture!!!

Let me think..... uh YEAH we sure did!!!! :rotfl:

I have more video than I know what to do with and some of it was even properly recorded by Jeff!!!!

I'll post the link once we get it up and running....

In a word.... AWESOME!!!!

You are a gooberhead..... Thank you for the screen shot!!! So awesome! Jeff got one too, which surprised me! Although, he is descended from Steven Spielberg, James Cameron AND George Lucas..... as you can tell from his videos thus far!!! :rotfl2:

17. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

We had a family at our table who wore jeans and wrinkled T-shirts to semi-formal night. She was all over the DIS, and even organized our FE exchange. :confused3 I'm thinking they got back from an excursion late and just flew in for dinner. I would have gone to the buffet or asked for another solution.

18. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I totally missed the send off...hope you had a great time.

19. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

20. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Did you ladies rebook? :confused3 No, that would be too far - unless you are doing land next time, then sea the next?

21. podsnel

podsnel <font color=blue>just skippin' around, amusing mys

That's our date for our NYE cruise December 2013. It'll go by just like THAT! ::yes::

And I agree- it IS too far!!!!!!