1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

The McSparklesons are BACK and they are CRUISIN! COMPLETE 10/4

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by karajeboo, Mar 4, 2011.

1. 999ghostslover

999ghostslover DIS Veteran

Wahhhhh!!! Is it really over? That last pic of Ally is so sad. I'm so glad you get to cruise again with her buddy. Mascara in cleavage. Lawd! Been there. Thanks for sharing every detail. See ya real soon!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. HermanTriplets+1

HermanTriplets+1 DIS Veteran

Oh, I feel the sadness:sad2::guilty::sick::sad1:
    But what an AMAZING trip you had:):cloud9::love:
    Thank you so much for sharing it - as a cruise newbie it has fed all of my needs to see more and more and more.
    The movie is INCREDIBLE - how'd you DO THAT??!!:worship:
    Is it too soon to start your PTR for the next cruise?
    THANKS!:flower3:

4. MAGICFOR2

MAGICFOR2 DIS Veteran

Kara Jean, so sad your cruise is over :sad2: I have to say that I also cried the first time I saw "until we meet again" It was a little easier the 2nd time around, but still so sad.

I think this vacation was your best to date because it was a DISNEY CRUISE!:banana: I know you can enjoy another line, but there is just something so magical about Disney. I think you will miss Jack on "that other ship." Congrats on booking, though!

I look forward to further adventures of the McSparklesons!:cool1:

5. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

Oh no, it's all over, you're done. I wanted you to be finished and now you are I want it to be starting all over again. It has been an absolute pleasure to read your trippy and thank you for taking us all along with you (metaphorically speaking).

I have bought a travel hairdryer (super, extra powered) with dual voltage specially for 'The Merica' :thumbsup2 There is no way whatsoever I could cope with 7 nights of trying to dry my hair with that pathetic excuse of a dryer on the cruise.

Am now popping back to Jen's trippy to check for updates (despite the fact I only checked 10 minutes ago and there wasn't one) and then I am going to check out your pre-trip report for your next 'Best Vacation Ever' :thumbsup2

6. kid-at-heart

kid-at-heart DIS Veteran

Pleeeasse, after you use your travel hairdryer, if it works well for thick hair, share its maker and model. I always end up with __appy looking hair when we travel because I can never get it dry with hotel dryers.

Thanks,
    Kate

7. wilma-bride

wilma-bride <<This space intentionally blank>> Moderator

I have already used it here in the UK when we went away for the weekend and it worked really well. It remains to be seen how it will cope with the difference in voltage in the States but I will definitely let you know how it is (we leave next week so you won't have to wait long) :thumbsup2

8. Dixielady908

Dixielady908 Grandma's Little Princess

Loved your trip report....enjoyed all your pictures....

I really enjoyed your video that you put together.....

But I totally get that last day....nothing it is sooo sad.

I have three weeks before my 3rd cruise and I really am not looking forward to going....well I am, but like you...dont want the end to come just yet...:)

thanks for sharing

9. dvc4life

dvc4life Disney is my Happy Place

Great report as usual Kara. Just loved it. You are one very gifted writer. It is so sad when you are reading a really good trip report and it comes to an end. Very sad. :sad1: You just wish it could go on and on.

Thanks so much for sharing it with us. And I can't wait for your next one, and the one after that, and the one after that. :rolleyes1 Just saying. :laughing:

Have a great fall!

10. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

I hate to see your report coming to an end. At least you have another in the works.

If you have the time, I started my first ever TR. The link is at the bottom of my siggie.

11. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Great video Kara! You did an awesome job! Really well done! Thanks for posting it!:thumbsup2

12. DeeLee

DeeLee Earning My Ears

This is my all time favorite TR!!!! Thank you so much for bringing us along!

13. anewmac

anewmac Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

ditto! especially when yall are too sexy for your Trip Report!

14. karajeboo

karajeboo DISmom by land and by sea!

I would LOVE to cruise with y'all again! We screwed up by not hanging out on the last cruise. I think we'd have have some fun!!!! We are booked March 31 on RCI Freedom of the Seas in 2013.... just sayin! :rolleyes1

Don't let the gangway hit you in the aft.... just book it already!!!! ;)

Oh Joan, you will be a MESS next year! And I promise to be a good friend and...... laugh really hard at you! But I will bring the roll of TP.....

You'd better!!! I expect a knock on my door soon! :thumbsup2

It's all about the Mac and iphoto and imovie..... No extra programs required. My sweet husband got it for me a couple weeks after we got home because he knows how much I love to do that, and my laptop just couldn't handle it. Well, that and the colorful language coming out of my office..... plus the fact that we were due for a new family computer anyway.....

You know there will be more adventures!!! The McSparlesons just ooze adventure!!!! And no, there is no cream for that.... :rotfl2:

I really think Jen needs to get her priorities in check. The job can wait - the TR cannot! :lmao:

Some of those little hotel dryers are like chihuahuas. They are small but they pack quite a punch. This thing on the cruise really DID look like the upholstery attachment for a vacuum!!!!! And it got HOT! So for sure I'm bringing my own this time.....

15. karajeboo

OOOOOH, you are so close!!!! Have a wonderful time!

And as long as I can figure out those 6 numbers......

Thank you so much for reading along - I will probably start my PTR for the next cruise right after Christmas.......

Oh mother of Wicket, I will be heading over to your TR today!!! Thanks for reading!

Thanks! See you in December! :thumbsup2

I learned some very important things from you Drea.
    1) Do not let Jeff take camera to any shows.
    2) Jeff will be packing next cruise!
    3) Bring extra toilet paper for character farewell
    4) Contact Ellen for maps for next cruise
    5) Title of next TR (if I don't get kicked off DISboards for showing my AFT on THIS TR!

Oh, and I just uploaded my original movie (all 35 minutes of it!) overnight. Still waiting for it to finalize. I had to edit out about 1/2 of it, plus a lot of music, to fit for youtube. Then as I got more views, I was allowed to go over 15 minutes. So I'll post it later..... that is if you've got 35 minutes to kill!

16. Aurora's Mommy

Aurora's Mommy Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Thanks so much for you trip report. I've been reading it off and on for the last couple of months, remembering our first Disney Cruise, and getting excited about the next (8/2012 baby, only 10 months away!).

I just had to comment about the see you real soon banner. At the conclusion of our first cruise I was OK saying goodbye to the cabin, I even enjoyed the breakfast, but when we went by the banner on the way out, I burst into tears :sad1:. Just now, scrolling through your report, I got to this picture, and my eyes filled up. There is no sadder sight!

Thanks again!

17. KristiMc

KristiMc DIS Veteran

I agree we did screw up - next time for sure. I think that will be our Spring break because it is Easter week :). We just watched a show last night on the building of the Freedom of the Seas.

18. karajeboo

Stop it!!!! I just watched my movie again. It gets me choked up every time. I just miss it so bad!!!

See? That's what I'm banking on. I just guessed based on Easter, and the fact that our school district takes spring break literally MIDDLE of the term between Christmas and end of year. So if Easter is near that time, they will take break either before or after..... I really hope I picked the right week. Because I picked a specific stateroom and if we have to change to the week before or after I fear it will be gone by the time we know for sure and have to change.....

19. karajeboo

20. HermanTriplets+1

HermanTriplets+1 DIS Veteran

Oh great ... now I'm not going to get up from this computer for at least another 35 minutes and the kids will be home and lunch won't be made and I'll probably have to order them pizza and boy won't they be happy :rotfl2:!

21. karajeboo

Which part of "get back to your life" did you not understand? ;)